Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default 1.9CDTI 150 clutch / flywheel issue

The story so far:-

Bought my Vectra 11 months ago with a network Q warranty. About six months ago, I started hearing a rattling noise from the gearbox / clutch area when I was pressing the clutch pedal (at the biteing point). When the clutch pedal was full engaged, everything was silent.... The car was about due for a service, so I booked it in and told them about it. They ignored it. While it was in for the service, they told me about a couple of recalls it needed doing (alternator and a pressure switch). It was booked in and I asked them to look at it again. When I picked up the car, I was told that the technician could not find anything wrong with the clutch. The noise I was hearing was probably the release bearing (wrong) and it would be fine.

Last week, the A/C stopped working, so I booked it in again. I again asked them to check the clutch. Today they tell me that the clutch and flywheel need replacing and that Vauxhaul are refusing to pay for it. Network Q want to send an engineer to inspect it - booked for the 25th.

I see a few people have had similar issues with the 1.8 - does anyone out there have similar experiences with the 1.9 CDTI?

Does this engine have a torsional damper built into the flywheel like the Ford TDCI engines?

As a mater of interest, they say that the A/C has run out of gas, but does not have a leak, which I find a contradiction in terms. My dads Citroen is 9 years old and the A/C is still perfect - no recharging at all.

Any advice would be welcome.

LGD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well in no particular order, yes the CDti has a dual mass flywheel, and yes they do fail with regularity..but they are expensive and VX try hard not to change them, often blaming driver abuse..so be warned....

the AC loses gas via the seals on the compressor driveshaft if you don't run the AC through the winter.. ideally it should be run 10 mins every day or the seals dry out and the gas escapes..but.. it's an easy money spinner for VX to simply recharge the system.. when they do it this time ask them to add the UV dye to it to show any future leaks, and remember to run the AC often..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Tell me about the DMF - mine sounds like a barrel of bolts & I was told it wouldn't be covered under warranty as it was "wear and tear" related and not a failure. Strange though, as the clutch is still working perfectly, no slip / judder at all and as far as I know the DMF has no "wearing" parts like a clutch plate has besides it's main face, which is steel!

I couldn't really push the issue as the car has a bit of a fragmented service history as well - my own fault for not checking this when I bought it,so as I don't have £1k lying around to get it changed, it's a drive till destruction job. Mind you, it's been noisy for over 5000 miles now.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi Gents,

Well folks, the story has progressed a bit since I last posted:-

I spoke to Vauxhaull customer services last week and was initially fobbed off with a story about the flywheel being a wear and tear item. I refused to accept this and spoke to the supervisor. I told them that the dealer I bought the car from had told me that they replaced these parts under warranty frequently and that it should be covered. The supervisor eventually said that the damage to the flywheel may have been "consequential damage" from the clutch. If the network Q engineer agreed that this was the case, it would be covered under warranty......

The car was duly delivered on Monday morning and I awaited a call. Come Monday afternoon, I called them and was not surprised to hear that there was a **** up with the garage and the Network Q engineer, who had wanted the clutch out of the car for inspection - needless to say, the clutch was still in the car.... Tuesday morning came and went, and the silence was deafening. Come Tuesday afternoon I called them again - no news. Tuesday evening the phone rang - the network Q guy had agreed to it all being covered under warranty. I'm off now to hand back the corsa and get my Vectra back. I just hope they have put it back together correctly as I'm off on holiday next week.....

It's been a load of hassle, but I got there in the end. Now all I need to do is get the A/C fixed and I'm happy again!

Cheers.

LGD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I'm having trouble with my Vectra 1.9CTDi Exclusiv. There's vibration in the lower gears (1,2,3rd) gear under load when I press the clutch pedal.

I've stated to the dealers there's a problem with the clutch/flywheel... but I feel the problem's being ignored. Anyone had progress with the dealers at all. Any thoughts on what I should say??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yep, just tell them that they need to fix the car..

if they won't look at the car, then get on to vauxhall customer services..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I just seem to be getting fobbed off by Arnold Clark in Linwood. Just tried Network Q to see what they say.

Any other thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

aahh.. 'uncle' arnold clark.. quite possibly the WORST dealer group i've heard of...

no messing.. straight on to VX customer services in the morning.. state that the dealer is being very unhelpful and is ignoring the problem, let them do some kicking for you..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Watchdog highlighted the handbrake problem. So why not everyone help highlight the problem to watchdog about the dmf. It seems to be the problem right across the motor industry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Which models have the DMF?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information