User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: This forum rocks

  1. #1
    Regular Member videodoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Blackpool
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default This forum rocks

    A friend of mine has a Peugeot 206 and was having trouble with the engine management light.I thought i'd join a Peugeot forum to try to find out the fault because this Vectra forum has an excellent response and friendly help.

    After posting my problem on the Peugeot forum i have had a total of 1 reply.I'd asked which was the most likely sensors that went faulty on the engine as Vauxhall have a few stock faults.

    His reply was they all go faulty so it could be any one of them!.

    This just goes to prove that this forum is the BEST because i've always had quick replies and good solid information from well informed members.

    Remind me never to buy a Peugeot and keep up the good work helping other members

  2. #2
    Regular Member Gsi3.2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Technical directors office
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    yep, this must be THE freindliest club on the internet....

    it's only possible because everyone wants the same thing from it..rather than it just being a dumping ground for lost souls..each and every member deserves thanks for making this site what it is..

  3. #3
    [Ex]Admin Duncan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    East Sussex
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default


  4. #4
    On a Sabbatical
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Failsworth, Manchester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gsi3.2 View Post
    yep, this must be THE freindliest club on the internet....

    it's only possible because everyone wants the same thing from it..rather than it just being a dumping ground for lost souls..each and every member deserves thanks for making this site what it is..
    There's nothing more we can add to that.

  5. #5
    On a Sabbatical VauxVeteran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nicking Ya Dinner.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    BTW, don't buy a Peugeot

  6. #6
    Regular Member aos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stirling
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    306's are fine. we've had two, and both have been good.
    Quote Originally Posted by videodoctor View Post
    A friend of mine has a Peugeot 206 and was having trouble with the engine management light.I thought i'd join a Peugeot forum to try to find out the fault because this Vectra forum has an excellent response and friendly help.

    After posting my problem on the Peugeot forum i have had a total of 1 reply.I'd asked which was the most likely sensors that went faulty on the engine as Vauxhall have a few stock faults.

    His reply was they all go faulty so it could be any one of them!.

    This just goes to prove that this forum is the BEST because i've always had quick replies and good solid information from well informed members.

    Remind me never to buy a Peugeot and keep up the good work helping other members
    Just a thought, I had the management light (the one that looks like an yellow engine, (1.4 - 306)) come on while driving once. I opened the bonnet and checked the connections from the exhaust sensor backwards as for as i could trace it, and that solved the problem.
    Rough roads (vibrations) can cause this. Sometimes it's that simple. Hope this helps, unless it's fixed already.

  7. #7
    Regular Member MLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    uk
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VauxVeteran View Post
    BTW, don't buy a Peugeot
    What's the joke..double the price of a Skoda.....fill it with petrol!!

    Nothing wrong with my Peugeot........although the forums ARE junk.

  8. #8
    Regular Member videodoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Blackpool
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I disconnected the battery on the 206 for 30 minutes and while that was going on i unplugged and reinserted all the sensor plugs i could see a few times.So far the eml hasn't come on again and the car is running fine.I'll give it a week or two before saying its fixed.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    cambridgeshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Hmm had a V6 406 estate before the Signum, cost me loads, unreliable hunk of French Junk. Would I have another, Not likely.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    South Oxfordshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IBarfoot View Post
    Hmm had a V6 406 estate before the Signum, cost me loads, unreliable hunk of French Junk. Would I have another, Not likely.
    Snap! Also had a V6 406 estate. Twice in 2 years was off the road with duff ignition coils. 210 bhp and was struggling to get to 50 mph to get to the dealers. Last time was off the road for 3 weeks awaiting the parts.

    At that point chucked it in for a 3.2 Omega MV6 estate, followed later by the Vectra - totally different experience!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Finally got the rocks to hack my headlining up for a giggle...
    By Old man Jimbo in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 31st July 2009, 21:59
  2. Regal Remap ROCKS!
    By parapaul in forum Diesel Engine related
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 5th October 2007, 21:08
  3. meguiars rocks
    By ditchp in forum Detailing and Car Care Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 4th March 2007, 20:05

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •