I finished work early today and headed off to Tunit in Chorley to get some figures for my remap. I had booked in for a run on the rooling road. In the end I was there for two hours:
The small signage made it a hard place to find
Nick took the keys off me and took the car to be set up. While I waited I had a coffee and read the publicity in reception.....Look what I found:
The car Tied down:
We started with 3 runs to test the BHP of the engine. The Nick left the handbrake on and up to 25 mph the TC and ABS were a little unhappy after 25 mph away she went. He had to do a couple of repeats were the TC won!.
This fan was awesone. Standing watching you could see the bonnet vibrating in the wind.
I don't think Nick Liked my music:
After the runs he noted that the power band had a dip in it and thought that the engine was not getting enough air so I put in one of these for £45:
an Arty Shot.
This beasty started at 170 BHP and is now upto 210 with a boc and filter on it:
The VX air filter was minging and considering the car was serviced last week, Nick found cigerette buts in the filter and allsorts.! We were confident of an improvement with a K&N filter but alas no. However I am still happy with the performance. He reckons there is an air problem somewhere though.
So to the results....drum roll please.
The car started as a 120bhp SRi. It's now running at
169.3 @3329 RPM and 82 MPH
with 308 lbft torque @ 2483 RPM!