Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Tendering Of Resignation

It's happened again, the Vectra-C.Com series, 1st I'm a victim of the Hitvec squad, and now I've bought something else, it's been a busy old day for me, negs between me and a Vx dealer on a Vectra Design stalled over £250, being fair to them though they did return calls and did reduce it from £12295 in two stages to £11400 and then £11250, finally I was going to give it a shot at £11350 and have a yrs tax on it, so it would have been an extra £105 off technically making the deal £11145.

Anyway negotiations were opened with a Skoda dealer for a Superb, started at 10k this morning, offered 9K and was told meet in the middle, so at 10am this morning she's 9.5k, I'm thinking na too much for the car and resume negs with Vx dealer, I'm sorry sir we just can't do it any lower and we have someone interested at £11999, ok I says np I'm coming that way to see another car give me a ring if it sells in the mean time, I then get a call from Skoda and they offer me it for £9250, so I get to the Skoda dealer around 3pm, I see the car and it's a peach, not a mark on the alloys good boots and no sign of any overspray, so off we go for a drive, not as nimble or fast as the Vectra but not far off either, but and this is what sold it to me, it was so refined for a budget exec, I looked at the speedo thinking I was doing 35mph, 55mph indicated gonna have to watch that in future, loads of room back and front and very comfortable, by now I'm in love, knowing I wouldn't get any more off the askings I went for mats and flaps, got the mats, declined on the flaps, I think this may have been that they thought I would want them fitted, but that didn't hit me until later, anyway signed up and gets tomorrow

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You'll come crawling back when it breaks down!!

Anyhoo, doesn't matter what you drive, I'll still talk to you, I'm sure I'm not alone!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You can now join the honourary Vectra-C members. All ex-drivers...but still here non the less.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers guys, it was a tough call tbh, 1st time I've left Vx since 1989, I'm eager for the D to arrive, that's part of the reason I went for the cheaper option, I can clear the money on it in just over 2 yrs, the Vec would have been 3 yrs, I'm hoping the Skoda will be everything most ppl say of them, it just gave me the Omega buzz I had when I 1st got one of those.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The Superb does seem to have VERY good reviews. I can see where you get the Omega/Superb comparison.

Worrying bout nothing..... Cause worryings a waste of my f***ing time!
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well done mate sounds good as said before a mate of mine has one for a cab ideal for your job BUT don't be leaving here O.K & don't forget the pic's

spoons

Hey VV, are you now gonna be called SV

Good luck with the new car... and no wise cracks about how good it is compared to our veccies !! !!!!!!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hope you'll be sticking around here still mate, I'd miss your posts if you bu99ered off!

Just remember you have a lot of friends here dude.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hope the new motor looks after you VV,

There are a lot of Scodas (Octavia’s) in this area being used as taxis – the original unlimited mileage warranty (even for a taxi driver) they came with was a major plus.

The only bad thing I have heard is that some parts can take a long time to be delivered (a headlight was one of the examples) – this is not an ideal situation for a taxi driver when your livelihood is off the road.

You may want to check what the options are if a part you needed did have a long lead time.

All the best with the new car

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

@ Karl, it's actually bigger in the back than the O was, think the boot maybe a bit smaller though.

@ Steve, is that Skoda Virgin ?

@ Spikey & MG, I could try to leave, but I don't think it'll happen, for one I'm way too nosey as to whats going on and I'd miss you lot anyway.

@ Swatty, I think they should be ok, did read about one guy who waited 8 weeks for a DSG replacement in a Passat, hopefully it's only new model stuff they have times on, only time will tell with that one.

Another thing I went with was residuals, the one I've bought is just coming up for 3 yrs old, I trawled and trawled for the last ten days, the cheapest one that hadn't been around the world was the bucket from Blackpool at £8500, this ones effectively £9200 and it's VGC and Skoda warranted for a year, most of the 03's are still making 9-11k, when you look at residuals most cars are 30-35% of RRP, I've had to pay 50% after much wiggling, and if I'm right I will be able to sell it on in two yrs time for anything from 5-7k if there is still the demand for them privately.
    Last edited by VauxVeteran; 8th June 2007 at 00:39.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information