Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra c

Trim : SRI Estate

Engine : 1.8 VVTI

Year : 06

Default Golf anyone ?

No, not the car. Just come back from St. Andrews, great weekend, 3 days of bliss. Played the New and Jubillee courses which sandwich the Old course. One side of the path you're on one course, the other the most famous course in the world ( and you weren't even out of bounds). Well impressed with how laid back and efficient it was, totally surpassed my expectations ( which were very high ) . If you haven't been then go ( fish supper wasn't bad either )

9 of us in a VW caravelle plus clubs AND luggage, and boy did it shift.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have thought about going over for a while now but havent got round to it yet(no pun intended) even though im friendly with one of the head caddies on the old course..

I am however off to play the new Loch Lomond(the carrick) course on friday and am really looking forward to this as its getting rave reviews

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I dont play golf, apart from a "once a year" shift outing that we do at work.

A crowd of us get together and go to a course where one of our lads plays regularly.

We did it a few days ago and I amazed myself by going around in 87.

Not bad for someone who doesnt pick a golf bat up from one year to the next.

Of course, the "19th hole" was the best bit of the afternoon ( was why we were all there to be honest ).

But I can see how it could well become an addictive hobby. I'm half inclined to buy a set of clubs and go for a membership but I really dont know if I would find the time to play enough to justify it.

Great day out though, highly enjoyable.

I got some short vids of us on the course on my phone, will try and post them up to view later. One was of my mate who is on my shift driving onto a par 5 whilst blindfolded!!!!. What a drive he hit, right down the middle of the fairway......LOL!!!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by RSV_Ecosse View Post
    I dont play golf, apart from a "once a year" shift outing that we do at work.

A crowd of us get together and go to a course where one of our lads plays regularly.

We did it a few days ago and I amazed myself by going around in 87.

Not bad for someone who doesnt pick a golf bat up from one year to the next.

Of course, the "19th hole" was the best bit of the afternoon ( was why we were all there to be honest ).

But I can see how it could well become an addictive hobby. I'm half inclined to buy a set of clubs and go for a membership but I really dont know if I would find the time to play enough to justify it.

Great day out though, highly enjoyable.

I got some short vids of us on the course on my phone, will try and post them up to view later. One was of my mate who is on my shift driving onto a par 5 whilst blindfolded!!!!. What a drive he hit, right down the middle of the fairway......LOL!!!!.
    This wasn't the carron day out was it? cos if it is, i won the boobie prize!!! ****tist golfer out.

I was on Braehead in alloa on friday last week, beautiful course, great company, superb drink, long long day!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Nah m8, we were playing at Braehead as well, on Monday. Teed off at 8:30am, went in straight off the nightshift.

Its a cracking course and the clubhouse has excellent facilities. Had many a good night out there when there are events on which are regular.

Did you venture down the wee "snug" bar at the back, where the pool table is?. Thats where we usually hang out, great wee bit!!!. That Ice Cold Tennants on draft is the business!!.

The course is in superb condition just now, as the club championship is in progress just now, so the greens and fairways are at their highest standard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by RSV_Ecosse View Post
    Nah m8, we were playing at Braehead as well, on Monday. Teed off at 8:30am, went in straight off the nightshift.

Its a cracking course and the clubhouse has excellent facilities. Had many a good night out there when there are events on which are regular.

Did you venture down the wee "snug" bar at the back, where the pool table is?. Thats where we usually hang out, great wee bit!!!. That Ice Cold Tennants on draft is the business!!.

The course is in superb condition just now, as the club championship is in progress just now, so the greens and fairways are at their highest standard.
    Haven't been in the snug (cos you have to walk past a bar with Ice cold tennants on draft and thats a no no).

Absolutley beautiful course. I live in ayrshire, many a nice course down here, however the fairways at braehead are better than most greens over here!

Played 12 holes (texas scramble) in the morning and 18 in the afternoon, soup for lunch, 4 course meal at night, presentations then karaoke at night with a major p1ss up to the wee small hours. Bl00dy great day out, got sunburnt beyond belief, really is god's country over there, I've never seen it rain in Alloa?

It's a good clubhouse as well, not stuffy if you know what i mean, and the club pro is a decent bloke too. Best thing is the buggies, every year the club put their little jeep thingy at the bottom of the 5th, full to the t!ts with beer, makes racing the buggies fun!!!!

Looking forward to playing there next year.

Thread Information