Thread: The standard of the cars at PVS 2007

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by parapaul;
    Yeah.....those 2 15" subs would have shaken anything off the boot! Never seen bodywork rattle like that b4, very impressive. Put my single 12" to shame....
    my car was parked just infront, and i felt embarrased goin into my boot and everyone seeing my single 10" sub, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by carl bear View Post
    my car was parked just infront, and i felt embarrased goin into my boot and everyone seeing my single 10" sub, lol.

Nothing Wrong with a Single 10, lol - means you have a boot thats where I started - went from 1x10 to 1x12, 2x12 (all of which met a very sorry and smoky end) 3x10s (borrowed for a week) to the 2x15s (which are the second set - first set went bang lol)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i used to have 2 15's in the back of my corsa b, where the back seats used to be. loved it.
    ive bin thinkin about gettin a single 15 for the vec for a few weeks now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : VX -LINE

Engine : 2.0 Diesel

Year : 2018

back in another grotty internet cafe. it was nice to see you all and see what others have done... not sure ive got the right colour vec bein as i was the only one on the stand with that colour... loved carls and big phils cars, infact i liked them all. hope to have mine lowered and new rear lights done plus a few other bits done before billing. i put mine on the rolling road at the show. only made 124.4bhp i think there may be a problem gonna put the old air box back wiht a k and n panel filter. think the cone one is sucking in hot air from the engine bay??????? see you all at billing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by carl bear View Post
    i used to have 2 15's in the back of my corsa b, where the back seats used to be. loved it.
    ive bin thinkin about gettin a single 15 for the vec for a few weeks now.

DO IT!!! You know you want to, I can recommend the Orion H2 in 15" (What happens to be in My boot ) Dependin on how much you wanna spend I Know a few Good ones - of course how much power you want as well.

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Graeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey© View Post
    Next meet/show, i'll remember to inspect everybody's wheel arches and woe betide any that are not up to scratch!
    **** dont inspect mine its the bit i always forget

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Graeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

the standard of cars was excellent as always. Mine wasnt the best, i didnt get it detailed before driving down due to the weather when i wanst working so it was a quick wipe and polish on the day but hope to have more done soon including some mods

current wish /to do list
    • get anti roll bar links replaced
    • get bilstein dampers and eibach springs
    • service
    • paint calipers and get noisy brakes sorted
    • try my little front end modding
    • tint bottom part of rear lenses
    • colour code rear chrome strip
    • change some bulbs
    • fully detail car
    • get steinmetz roof spoiler
    • fit mudflaps
    • fit rear interior light
    • fit sunglasses holder....
    mmm probably better aiming for irmscher trip next year than billing for that lot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well wot can i say but the standard of the cars this year was fantastic.All the owners deserve a clap for the hard work they have put into there cars this year.
    The stand as i said to Phil was a little cramped but that i think was down to the size of the area we had.
    I second the comment about Alex's car yes this car has to be one of the best looking cars on the forum,and when he told me no one had even voted for him i was shocked,better luck next time m8.
    And i will also say thanks to the guys for the kind comments cheers and all the best for future meets nick(payney)

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by AJA View Post
    The next car didn't grab my attention until the votes started to come in for it for members choice and this car was Duncan's. I've obviously seen this car quite a lot at meets and shows and I knew it was a quality motor, but this year it's something special. I can't quite put my finger on what it is, maybe it's the VXR side skirts and the new 18's, or maybe because the paintwork is in great condition (it should be most of the panels are new, due to a few recent fender benders . Good work matey!
    Cheers m8 - apart from the last bit! It was nice to hear that I'd got a few votes in for the members' choice. For me I think the wheels really finished it off, and they worked better with the VXR side-skirts, and then with all the other bits and pieces it all came together as a better package from before. The fresher paint certainly helped due to the series of unfortunate incidents last year. It's actually only had two new panels - front N/S wing and tailgate - plus both bumpers. I just took the opportunity to get other panels resprayed at the same time to get rid of stone chips etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJA View Post
    Anyone else spot any other outstanding cars?
    On top of the cars you mentioned, yours was looking good as ever. You may not have done much to it lately, but as you say you did a lot when you first got it and it's still looking good.

All the cars looked good in their own way, and it was great to see the attention everyone had paid to make sure they were clean for the stand. I remember when I was making my choice for the members' choice, I wandered around all the cars and was finding it very difficult to choose. It wasn't about who's was most modified etc., it was what just worked as an overall package - even if it was standard.

One car for me that stood out was Tony T's estate. I don't know what it was. There aren't many estates and this was a really nice example of one - and I hadn't seen it before - so it caught my eye.

I think everyone whose car was on the stand should be really proud as they all looked great.

D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information