Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Interesting afternoon !

On Sunday I fitted a K & N high performance panel filter and did the airbox mod at the same time. The car feels a lot more responsive for it !I then fitted the installation kit for the Travel Assistant (This is to my 2.2 Direct petrol Signum) and then installed the Travel Assistant. Great, everything works and I'm very pleased with it BUT ........ the base unit slots into the slots in the centre arm rest but it doesn't seem to lock into place. There is vertical movement at the rear and it will pull forward. Trying to take the TA off of the base unit is a regular wrestling match, trying to stop the base unit moving forward as you slide the TA off. Am I missing something here? There were a number of bits in the installation kit that I couldn't find a use for, some of them were bobbin type things. I wonder if these need to be installed somehow in the centre armrest so the base unit locks onto them ????????????? If anyone has experience of this I would greatly appreciate hearing from you.To cap it all, I decided to take the car into a local hand carwash in London Road, Peterborough. Got there around 4-30pm. As I pulled into the place, a blue Signum was just pulling out. I pulled in behind a silver Signum and found myself parked next to another blue Signum !!!!! What's that all about. Driving around the place I only ever see another one every two or three weeks and then there are four of us all in the same place at the same time !! I wondered if I was at the tail end of a local meeting of some sort.Very strange.Graham.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I would imagine that those bobbin type things fit under the armrest that help locate the base unit. Mine was factory fitted so I don't know. How do they fit into the base unit when its out of the car? Do they appear to be the right size?
    Now I need a turbo to keep up!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Dunno !!!!! I'll check tonight.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

How is the MPG with the air box mod's?

I'm thinking of getting a K&N myself.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by laidback50 View Post
    I then fitted the installation kit for the Travel Assistant (This is to my 2.2 Direct petrol Signum) and then installed the Travel Assistant. Great, everything works and I'm very pleased with it BUT ........ the base unit slots into the slots in the centre arm rest but it doesn't seem to lock into place. There is vertical movement at the rear and it will pull forward. Trying to take the TA off of the base unit is a regular wrestling match, trying to stop the base unit moving forward as you slide the TA off. Am I missing something here? There were a number of bits in the installation kit that I couldn't find a use for, some of them were bobbin type things. I wonder if these need to be installed somehow in the centre armrest so the base unit locks onto them ?????????????
    Given your 'bobbin' description, it sounds like these are the bits that are needed for the lugs of the base to lock under. Couple of pics of what mine looks like.....

I thought those bars were just fitted to all Signums, and it was only the floor socket/electrics that needed to be retro-fitted. I guess not?

If yours hasn't got the little bars as in the photos then you'll need to fit them.

HTH

D

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Interesting afternoon !

Fixed it !!!!!!!!!!Thanks for all the suggestions and Duncan, your pictures demonstrate dedication above and beyond the call of duty.Four bobins and screws came with the installation kit with no instruction whatsoever as to where they should be fitted. After playing musical chairs with the rear seats , it was a case of seat forward and backrest down to get the torx screws out of the trim that locates the centre seat belt buckles and then seats back and backrests up to get the seatbelt buckle trim out of the way and fit the four bobbins using the four tapped holes at the base of the centre arm rest. Refit the seatbelt trim , seats forward etc to refit the screws and the job was done. The TA base unit now fits snug and secure, everything works and I'm happy again.I wonder why the fitting instructions provided by VAuxhall with the kit don't tell you how to fit half of it !!!???Anyway, job done and I'm well pleased with the result.Graham.

Thread Information