On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default PVS 2007 Weekend by AJA

Three words – OH MY GOD! That pretty much sums it up for me.

Top End Farm Campsite was a good find by Nutty; it is a truly fantastic location and very peaceful. My only regret is that I didn’t wait until everyone had setup their tents first before choosing my spot. The night was so still that every noise was magnified 10 fold, and then at 3am someone decided to turn up and shine their headlights directly onto my tent and then proceeded to setup his/her tent. I would go back their next year but I’ll be the one with the tent the other side of the field.

Arriving at Santa Pod and seeing the size of the area we had been allocated did not help my grumpiness from the nights lack of sleep. On the plans we were sent via e-mail it said we had a 25m x 50m stand. In fact we had been allocated a stand size of 15m x 50m. I really didn’t know how we were going to get all the cars in. After a very quick conflab we quickly adapted the layout that JCB had kindly made for us and got to work squeezing in all the cars. Harry worked especially hard at doing this and I thank him whole heartedly for his diligence and patience in what must have been quite a stressful time. The cars just kept on coming and Harry just kept on finding spaces for them. Nice one buddy! I called the event organiser over to our stand to show him what they had done to us and we did manage to find some extra space that we could use, but he has apologised and has promised to make it up to us at TRAX and next year at PVS.

The quality of the cars this year easily surpassed any other year, and I’d like to thank each and every member in attendance for putting in so much effort with their cars. I did not envy Ian_C, Andyvec and Mark the Cabby’s task of deciding our ‘Club Car’. They decided that Big Phil’s motor should represent the club in the ‘Best of Show’ showdown. The ‘members choice’ also went to Big Phil’s motor, but most cars got a vote which showed the standard of the cars present.

I’d like to take this chance to thank the BBQ team for making it such a success. I think everybody that wanted to eat had their bellies filled in double quick time. It must have been torture to stand next to a roaring BBQ in 25 degrees, but you all stuck to your tasks. Well done to one and all.

I could babble on forever thanking people for the help in making it such a success, so I’ll thank everyone as a collective. This way I won’t leave anyone out or forget anyone. ‘Thank you everyone, you really don’t know how much just that little comment or action helps us. It truly felt like a massive team effort ’.

The next major event for the club is Billing VBOA weekend. This is a more relaxed and quieter event and is what I describe as the ‘chill weekend’. Duncan, Graeme and I are attending a VBOA meeting so we can have an official stand. We're hoping we'll be successful and we'd then be able to have approximately 10-15 cars this year. Look out for a ticket applications thread very soon.

Thanks again
    Alex

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well summed up AJA, and I would just to say sorry that I had to leave as early as I did.

Was good to meet those that I did and sorry for those I didn't.

Roll on Billing then

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yes, great write up AJA. Was my first proper meet and had a fab time. Was good to see such great turn out of supurb Vecs/Sigs. Big thanks to all involved in organising the event.
    Last edited by VectraV6CDTi; 4th June 2007 at 12:19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

great write up Alex! good to see you and the family again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Astra j sports tourer

Trim : elite

Engine : 1.6 cdti

Year : 2015

very good write up alex well done m8

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

great write up dude :-) my trophys have took pride of place on the mantlepiece and they look the biz :-) thanks to everyone for voting for my car including the irmscher 3 :-) for a chance to represent the club for the top honor , its was really really appreciated :-) im still smiling now , but i think there were so many cars that could have won either trophy but im glad you chose mine :-) looking forward to billing now and i hope duncan and graeme can pull off this stand at billing , would be a great day for the club :-)

Watch the truck pull on youtube --http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjGfVxXov1E

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Great write up chap. That was the best weekend I've had i year's and it was good to meet every one a last had lot's of fun
    Thank's guy's

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Great write up Alex. Great to meet so many people.
    Have a great time at Billing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Good summary.

I milled around the stand and admired the Vectra C's and the Signums but didn't get to chat to anybody as my mates were dissapearing, they're all into their Astras and Vectra B's. Next year i'm getting a ticket off here and will be on the stand.

I noticed that space was tight and wondered how come you guys were crammed in there.

A good display of a great Vectras, i think that it was the GSI in black (Phil?) that did it for me, also took a good look at the VXRD on the Total Vauxhall stand.

Good to see Drinky out on the strip and also Tony? in an Estate. I think the Nova's had a great day, the electric blue and black ones in particular.

We left after the second jet car run, got home at 6:50pm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Good write up Alex & well done to everyone for such a good display

Thread Information