Heres the situation.

I've had the vectra one year now. Its just had its second service, a years tax and a set of Eagle F1's

I am in the position whereby in around a weeks time, i could afford to buy the car off the finance company.

Originally the car was £9495, i paid £200 deposit, financed £9295 which left about £3,000 in interest (overall figure just over 12k)

This was a five year finance deal at £204 per month.

As i am in the motor trade i regularly check the value of my car in glasses guide and reckon its worth 7k as it stands.

I have recieved a settlement figure of £8495 from the finance company. I will take the £204 pm payment and standing order it into a savings account.

I am all up for buying the beast as shes been good to me so far, but i have seen alot of newer Vectra for £8495.

I realise buying the newer Vectra is not achievable as i have the outstanding finance on my car and its not got to the three year stage where i could hand it back without penalty. it just makes me feel a little sick that i could have one newer and half the mileage for the same money as i am going to be paying to settle this one..

Would you do it??