User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Estimate for the veccy

  1. #1
    Regular Member neilshaw1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    coventry
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Estimate for the veccy

    Had a quote off these guys for the repair work to my car www.perfect-finish.net.

    They quoted me for a new bonnet, new bumber, lower grille, upper grille, n/s and o/s headlights and air con radiator. All together including paint and labour they quoted £1269. Oh and by the way, the crash cans hadnt been damaged.
    Called the lady who hit me, she didnt realise it was gonna be that much, so going through the insurures now.
    The only thing is that the nearest approved repairers my insurance company uses to me is in Leicester. Anyone heard of Drive Vauxhall in Leicester? Are they any good?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Up Norf
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    thats cheap!! my wife cracked my back bumper it cost £550 and nothing else was damaged!

  3. #3
    Admin plasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    On the Forum
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra

    Trim : SRi

    Engine : 150

    Year : 05

    Mileage : 74000

    Default

    If you have a repair place you'd rather have it done at stick yer foot down and tell them thats where you want it done. Dont let them dictate to you, its your car at the end of the day and you should decide who you want to repair it.

  4. #4
    Regular Member neilshaw1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    coventry
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I've tried m8, apparently its in the Terms and Conditions. They wont budge. Wonder what courtesy car they will give me, hope its the 1.9 150, would love to give it a go. Or maybe a VXR!!! lol

  5. #5
    Ex Vec-C Admin Stevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Chester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plasma View Post
    If you have a repair place you'd rather have it done at stick yer foot down and tell them thats where you want it done. Dont let them dictate to you, its your car at the end of the day and you should decide who you want to repair it.
    Yep I had a similar incident earlier this year. They (as in the third party's insurer) insisted it had to go to an approved repairer. (Some place I'd never heard of)

    Bo!!ox to that. It went to a VX dealer around the corner. The only thing I lost out on was that the repair was guaranteed by VX not by the insurer

    Another thing mate, why aren't her insurers sorting this for you?

    I'll try and find the thread.

    edit: just seen your post above. They're taking the p!ss.

    Here it is.

    http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18140
    Last edited by Stevel; 29th May 2007 at 18:11.

  6. #6
    Regular Member sonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Away with the fairies.
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I had this argument when I had my car repaired. Eventually i was able to use my own repairer but it was a battle.
    I would have been happy to use my insurance Co. repairer if it had been a Vx dealer. The repairer my insurance Co wanted me to use are awful, with a poor reputation!

  7. #7
    Regular Member neilshaw1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    coventry
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevel View Post
    Yep I had a similar incident earlier this year. They (as in the third party's insurer) insisted it had to go to an approved repairer. (Some place I'd never heard of)

    Bo!!ox to that. It went to a VX dealer around the corner. The only thing I lost out on was that the repair was guaranteed by VX not by the insurer

    Another thing mate, why aren't her insurers sorting this for you?

    I'll try and find the thread.

    edit: just seen your post above. They're taking the p!ss.
    I know, but they're adament they will only use their approved bodyshops.
    And as for why the other party's insurance isnt sortin it is because its gonna be alot quicker going through my insurance then they will claim the costs back off hers. This way im not waiting around for her insurers to get the ball rolling. Want my car back to normal asap. The car is booked in a week today.

  8. #8
    Regular Member neilshaw1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    coventry
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
    I had this argument when I had my car repaired. Eventually i was able to use my own repairer but it was a battle.
    I would have been happy to use my insurance Co. repairer if it had been a Vx dealer. The repairer my insurance Co wanted me to use are awful, with a poor reputation!
    Thats why im not too bothered because its a vx dealer.

  9. #9
    Ex Vec-C Admin Stevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Chester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neilshaw1980 View Post
    I know, but they're adament they will only use their approved bodyshops.
    And as for why the other party's insurance isnt sortin it is because its gonna be alot quicker going through my insurance then they will claim the costs back off hers. This way im not waiting around for her insurers to get the ball rolling. Want my car back to normal asap. The car is booked in a week today.

    Gotcha... I guess mine was different because it was a local body shop they wanted to send it to and I only wanted it to go to a VX dealer that I knew would do an A plus job

    Good luck with the repair.

  10. #10
    Admin plasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    On the Forum
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra

    Trim : SRi

    Engine : 150

    Year : 05

    Mileage : 74000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by neilshaw1980 View Post
    I've tried m8, apparently its in the Terms and Conditions. They wont budge. Wonder what courtesy car they will give me, hope its the 1.9 150, would love to give it a go. Or maybe a VXR!!! lol

    Well tell them its a Vauxhall car, and I want a Vauxhall repairer to do it or whereever.. Tell them thats your terms and conditions, or give you the money instead and you'll take it there yourself!!

    As for using your insurers I stayed away from that... I phoned the other partys insurers, they sorted me out a courtesy car within 20mins of the phone call.. And an engineer down to approve the work within a few days. Couldnt really fault them...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Drosser Veccy B old hand Veccy C virgin
    By drosser in forum Introduce yourself.
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 27th November 2012, 06:42
  2. Paintshop guru's, estimate please.
    By Ginge7289 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 27th May 2011, 19:09
  3. Thermostat from a 1999-02 veccy onto a 2003-05 veccy?
    By Drazek in forum Engine & Drivetrain
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 9th January 2011, 22:21
  4. ??cost estimate for suspension works??
    By shatz in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 4th February 2009, 12:48
  5. Final Estimate
    By neilshaw1980 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2nd June 2007, 13:09

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •