Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Signum 2.2 petrol - fuel pump problems

Hello,
    After some information about possible known problems with the signum 2.2 fuel pumps. My dad has a 2.2 signum and just been upto scotland, whilst there he had a problem of the car almost dying when under acceleration. After taking it to the vauxhall dealer up there they said it needs a new fuel pump and lines (due to metal from the pump cloggin lines ) (expensive) also that they have had the same problem a few times. He was comin back the next day and advised to limp home to vauxhall dealer here.
    Sounds like one of the vauxhall faults that never got re-called, its just out of its warrenty and so wondering if anyone knows if this is a common prob i.e manufacture problem and therefore should be replaced for free/reduced price.
    Any info appreciated thanks

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hi there m8 i have had the same problem and pentagon vauxhall have told me it will cost £550 to sort the high pressure pump.. this sounds dodge to me with these pumps

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have a Sept 2003 2.2 Direct Signum, I have had 2 replacement fuel pumps, one in November 2005 and another in May/June 2006. Both under warranty. About an hour ago I got home after being towed by the AA to my local Vauxhall dealer as my car has again died on me repeatedly and from the symptoms I'm guessing that it is the fuel pump again. So, it seems to be more common for some of us than others, but I have to say that as I am now out of warranty on the car I have steam coming out of my ears and am wondering how I can push Vauxhall into accepting that the car has a repetitive and expensive fault and hence paying for a least some of the work needed to fix it.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

try contacting VX customer services and asking if they will contribute towards the repair..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had the fuel pump go on my old 2.2 Direct, 04 plate. Was fixed under warranty.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Gsi3.2 View Post
    try contacting VX customer services and asking if they will contribute towards the repair..
    The dealer says that the car needs both fuel pump and fuel rail replaced, total cost just over £1000 including labour. Vx Customer Care have offered to pay 50% of this. After 3 fuel pump failures in 21 months I don't feel it is acceptable that I pay for any of this work even if I am now 9 months out of warranty. There is clearly a fundamental problem with the design of the fuel system in my opinion. Any suggestions as to how to twist their arms further?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have just had a response from Vauxhall, I managed to get the situation reviewed at Executive Assistance level and they have agreed to cover the whole £1000+ cost and in addition to the fuel rail and pump they will also change the fuel tank and clean through the pipes. Pleased to have this resolved, but it has taken a day and a half on the phone to achieve it. Brian

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yep, you do have to push hard unfortunatly.... but top marks for being persistant and getting the result you wanted..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You're not going to believe this, on Tuesday morning I ended up stuck by the roadside for an hour or so after the car shuddered to halt with spanner light on and clearly no fuel pressure. A trip back to the dealer with AA bod following once it restarted showed a fuel rail low pressure fault code stored (and a lambda sensor out of range error, might be due to misfuelling I suppose).

This evening it died on me again just after a 30 mile run, park up for 20 minutes, several engine stalls and spanner light before I managed to limp it home with light on but engine managed to run for the 5 miles needed.

So, now booked into local stealer with Vx Cust Care case number allocated, lady on the phone appreciated that 3 months after a fuel pump/fuel rail/fuel tank replacement is not a reasonable amount of time for a 1000 quid repair (even if Vx covered it) to last.

Anyone have any suggestions on this? I'm wondering if the fuel pump drive shaft is somehow defective and is damaging pumps due to misalignment or excess sideways pressure on the bearings.

Would really appreciate some assistance so that the real cause of these repetitive failures (3 fuel pumps new fuel pumps in 21 months and now maybe a 4th) can be found.

Thanks!

Thread Information