0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C 2.0 DTi

Trim : caravan

Engine : 2.0 DTi

Year : 2004

Default 2.0dti with 2.2dtr turbo map

Hi,
    Has anyone done the 2.2dtr turbo swap and 2.2 factory map mod on a 2.0dti ? I already have the variable vane turbo on and I've found a place where they have access to all the factory maps but they want me to tell them exactly which map version to upload of which I have no idea. Or can it be any 2.2dtr version from a Vectra C ?
    Thanks for your reply in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

it should be the Y22DTR version from a Vectra... the youngest file they can get their hands on, as there was a recall for the maps somewhere to stop the VP44 fuel-pump from killing itself prematurely. Funnily enough I just did all the research for it as I am looking for the turbo and the right map file myself.

But it should run without the mapping of the Y22DTR if you got a tuning box that provides more fuel but doesn't look at boost levels. ( all of these tuning boxes for the DTI's are setup to maximize fuel but don't look at boost at all)
    Last edited by northpole; 13th September 2022 at 08:41.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C 2.0 DTi

Trim : caravan

Engine : 2.0 DTi

Year : 2004

Thanks for your reply. I had the 2.2dtr map uploaded this morning. It didn't take more than half an hour. I hope you are wrong about the existence of suicidal VP44 maps, because I had no choice. Official Opel map downloads are tied to chassis number. Since the tuner could not come up with one he used a 2.2dtr one from his own database of cars he had worked on.

The only problem I have now is that since I am on the 2.2 map the bluetooth OBD adapter does not connect to my car anymore which I would need to be able to monitor boost pressures and pressure spikes in Torque Pro to justify whether I need a manual boost control valve.

All in all, I can't really tell you yet how it performs at higher revs since not being able to monitor boost pressures I didn't want to risk. I drove home light footed but it pulls harder and definately has more torque but the turbo kicks in at 2000rpm which I think is a bit high for a variable vane turbo but it might be fine tuned with the push rod later I assume.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

Well I am quite certain about the map killing the pumps... actually it's not the map but the hardware that is inferior...I would take it apart if I knew it could take the bigger plunger but because the vp44 has extra electronics inside I left it alone... as there is no one who could tell me of it was possible to do it...

But yeah afaik you should be able to dail the boost back a bit to start earlier, just don't go crazy and do it in steps.

Ps you should put your foot down otherwise you'll never know.

Thread Information