Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries
    Vehicle InfoStats

confused insignia ignition barrel replacement

insignia ignition barrel replacement

ignition barrel having trouble locating the hole to release barrel i have removed metal plate that is held on by three security screws only to find no hole
    i have original key to turn to correct position to facilitate removal
    the vehicle is a Vauxhall insignia 2012 with a auto box so it has a electro magnetic interlock underneath ignition switch

any ideas thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : cdti

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2013

I replaced mine with total ease. My car is the 2013 auto estate and there used to be a few YouTube videos. I remember removing the plastic surrounds, finding a small Allen key and finding the tiny hole underneath the ignition. Slide the Allen key in and then push it as you fiddle the key in the barrel and it popped out very easily. I know the hole is a pain to spot but maybe lay down and look up under the ignition housing. You don't have to remove anything else as far as I remember, think it took about 20 seconds to change.
    The hole is a bit of a pig to spot but you will find it. I've attached a picture that might help. I think this is the hole you are looking for.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default i know now

yeah i found that it was that hole after i removed the security plate by the side of it as i expected to find another hole hidden beneath

Quote Originally Posted by _BOSS_ View Post
    I replaced mine with total ease. My car is the 2013 auto estate and there used to be a few YouTube videos. I remember removing the plastic surrounds, finding a small Allen key and finding the tiny hole underneath the ignition. Slide the Allen key in and then push it as you fiddle the key in the barrel and it popped out very easily. I know the hole is a pain to spot but maybe lay down and look up under the ignition housing. You don't have to remove anything else as far as I remember, think it took about 20 seconds to change.
    The hole is a bit of a pig to spot but you will find it. I've attached a picture that might help. I think this is the hole you are looking for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default i know now

yeah i found that it was that hole after i removed the security plate by the side of it as i expected to find another hole hidden beneath plate

Quote Originally Posted by _BOSS_ View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Estate

Trim : Cloth

Engine : 2.0L Diesel

Year : 2012

Can you tell me the best way to take off the top and bottom steering shrouds so I can get access to the key lock hole?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Estate

Trim : Cloth

Engine : 2.0L Diesel

Year : 2012

An update on my fitment of a 2nd hand Ignition barrel, everything went as planned, I ordered a part on E-Bay for £40 and used the barrel and the key blades. Fitment was as mentioned in the thread by Plasma, thank you very much, and I am as happy as Larry, thx for all the help, Radio now works as it should, so does the central locking

7. Thanks plasma thanked for this post
    Likes northpole, justin32 liked this post

Thread Information