User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anyone had terracleaning done recently?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : Life

Engine : Z19DT

Year : 07

Default Anyone had terracleaning done recently?

I've been considering terracleaning for some time now, something just makes me think the car could do with it but I'm wondering if there's any recent reviews for how it affects the Cdti.
    I've read a thread on here from 2015 but wondering if the technology has developed in the last 6/7 years and is now more worthwhile than it used to be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

It has developed, they can now also clean your dpf even if it's fully blocked. But they do that only at one facility meaning it gets removed from the car, and you'll be without it for a few days.

Other than that not much has changed except for the price... now you ask if it's worthwhile?
    Yes it is, especially if you have a high mileage car with the egr still in action and if you use the car mainly for long trips... if you use it only for short trips... well we all know how bad the build ups inside the intake and head get I suggest cleaning it manually.

But if you've disabled or deleted the egr than it might not be needed at all a simple diesel additive and a long drive will have the same effect (only if the egr is disabled/deleted)
    Last edited by northpole; 14th January 2022 at 08:21.

3. Thanks Drogen24 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

oww and if you are thinking what additive to use... look no further than Liqui Moly Diesel Purge ( that is the cheapest i have ever found it) there are a few ways you can use it... but if you have already disabled the EGR ust chuck it in the tank... it is far easier and cheaper to do this and it actually cleans the fuel system, injectors, top of the pistons and the combustion chambers(which also cleans the top of the valves)if you want the intake cleaned than you'll have to do it manually.

Also there are a few ways of using the Liqui Moly diesel purge... if you run the car directly on it (there is a video on youtube showing how to rig it up on a vectra cdti) it'll clean way more aggressively, and clearout the injectors, top of the pistons and valves plius the combustion chamber in a matter of minutes... the remainder you just chuck in the tank and drive the car as you'd normally would to clear out the rest of the fuel system( recommended is to replace the fuel-filter and top the fuel-filter housing up with the diesel purge)

But if you know it's just for a simple cleanup as you know that the egr is disabled/deleted than just add it to the tank.

Or get either a terraclean or a carbon clean service done... but the latter is less effective than a terraclean, i used both on several cars, i bought to sell at a profit, the terraclean was way better but can't deal with really bad buildups in the intake( that calls for removal of parts and a manual clean), although it does remove more than the carbon clean, and i think that is because the carbon clean only runs for 30 min vs terraclean that runs at least for 45 min.

Again if you haven't deleted or disabled the EGR i suggest you remove the intake, and scrape the bad buildups out than pressure wash it clean.. and scrape as much crud of the intake ports. valve stems etc as you can... as no gradual cleaner will be able to dissolve all of that and not cause problems inside the engine.

Thread Information