Thread: Returning member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Returning member

Hi All, was a member years ago when I had a pre facelift Vectra C 2.0 dti and the forum was a great source of information. I've just bought an 07 1.9 cdti 120 estate, as I needed a bit of a "work horse". Its generally tidy, and has patently been well loved in the past ( all matching tyres, mats on mats, loads high quality cleaning products in back, spare oil and coolant, screen wash etc ). Its got 184k on the clock but has lots of history, full book pack, two keys, security card. It was a Lex car and I have their printout, and a GM replacement engine warranty book stamped at 53k by a now defunct Main Dealer. Noticeable things changed were turbo, dpf, egrs and a new clutch and dmf 20k ago - when a 2nd hand gearbox was fitted. At some stage i will visit our nearest Main Dealer and see if they'll give me a service history printout - the Lex one doesn't go into too much detail. Bought the first week in December the car came with some spares - fuel filter, oil filter, rear arb bushes and dog legs. The guy I got it off had it for 6 months before he shattered his kneecap, hence the sale. Apparently a garage had told him that it was smoking " because it needed a new fuel filter ". Not heard of that before but as it came with filters I changed both the fuel and oil filter, checked the air which was clean. I removed and cleaned the egr (right b'stard to seal again got new gaskets in end). I've changed the bushes and dog legs and have ordered a cambelt kit Inc pump tensioner idler etc. The car drives well, engine is super smooth but not the quietest. Starts fine and no smoke ( didn't smoke before mini service ), however it stinks in the cabin of exhaust fumes (front flexi small hole). There's a local to me, Chesterfield, ebayer selling new front pipe with the flexi section so am looking at getting one once they confirm fitment. I started by saying work horse but that doesn't mean I won't look after the car, and apart from the drivers seat squab which has flattened (debating whether to strip repair or change for a passenger one I know of and have done before on an Astra cab) not holed the interior is in fantastic condition. It needs shocks as its very baggy, and I need to check the steering column pinch bolt as its loose feeling on the straight ahead position. vectra1.jpgvectra.jpg

2. Thanks soulman thanked for this post
    Likes northpole, Johnsdutton, watchman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

Welcome and it looks like you found a good one. Thanks for.putting the pics up

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by northpole View Post
    Welcome and it looks like you found a good one. Thanks for.putting the pics up
    Thanks, appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Toyota

Trim : Yaris Hybrid

Engine : 1.5 Hybrid

Year : 2021

Mileage : 5525

Welcome back .well done for passing the number 1 test and posting up pictures of your car . Enjoy your time here . You will find it a lot quieter than it was when you first joined .

Thread Information