1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCockup View Post
    Thanks north to the rescue again
    But you want good comfort, you need to be clear what you want as your now saying sports shocks and springs would be ok as well
    An Elite Vectra doesn’t use SRi springs does it. Sports suspension is harder isn’t it?
    Vectra VXR estate 2007 Sapphire Black
    Teapot Tuned 255/300
    Eibachs B8's, fully loaded factory options

Tech2 & MDI diagnostics + SPS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

Exactly that but with the additional sport shocks in the list you could guess they are after a bit less dipping and diving while maintaining comfort... so oem or equivalent aftermarket sport shocks with oem sri springs should be an improvement with out comfort sacrifice... that said if they want the car lower and neutral steering (no dipping and diving) they'll need to look at sport suspension that lowers the car far more than the minus 15mm the sri springs at maximum allow.... this is when they'll be in the 800 pound territory for a good combo that still gives you comfort (and that price = just sport shocks with matching lowering springs, no supporting hardware)

And something tells me they want it at a budget that is as low as possible... TA Technix actually caters for that... albeit that the shock only option will be less than 120 pounds they'll still need to add springs into the mix, and logic dictates that oem sport springs (SRI ones at least, or lower after market ones) will add another 80 to 200 pounds to that. All depending on if you want oem ride height(hello arch gap) or no arch gap which means aftermarket lowering springs (a full set is closer to 160 to 200 pounds springs only)

So if I was in their shoes I would either go for the budget friendly option with oem sri springs, or a full set like the Koni.STR set at just under 450 pounds that comes with matching springs, bump stops and dust cover..... but you'll still have an arch gap of about 20mm.

It is why I replied in the first sentence with: Not really.
    I just gave them more options and guided them to what I have done to mine. It still is comfortable as if it just came out the factory, dips a bit when cornering hard but with hard I mean above 40mph.. but I have literally replaced everything... although it was al done on a shoestring budget. If I look at the total costs, I could've bought another vectra with a better engine and in a better mechanical stated than mine was in. Now though I will be hard pushed to find anything that comes remotely close to it.

3. Likes CaptainCockup liked this post
    Midlands - Vxr Owning Dick Dog_Book's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

That’s the thing isn’t it pole, we know how we know want the suspension to be like but not others. My best shocks might be completely different to your best shocks and overall handling or comfort. As you know you can’t have the smoothest ride in the world and be able to not brake on islands.
    With my recent massive suspension overhaul i went for a spec not price and like I’ve said the ride is smooth as silk but others might disagree yet I’ve got impeccable high speed handling. But I doubt this thread is for such extreme mods.
    Although the OP has not yet replied I’m starting to think captain cabbage would be just as good keeping the slightly softer Elite springs and fitting a good mild sport shock as that would make a massive difference and also improve handling but still make it ride smooth. Then there’s the cost and life question, something like Bilstein B4’s would or should be a good compromise on quality and performance or aftermarket Sachs sports shocks as I doubt the genuine Sri ones for ours are available now that I had on mine. Loads should sell the variants of Sachs I had aftermarket Sachs sports shocks on my old V40 and that handled amazingly.
    Neither poster above mention wanting new springs. Well not yet anyway, and like I’ve said it’s down to preference. Like I told you my old Sri with all oem suspension and new genuine shocks handled really well, then just got better adding Eibach springs. It was still such a lovely drive and that was with 19” rims.
    Vectra VXR estate 2007 Sapphire Black
    Teapot Tuned 255/300
    Eibachs B8's, fully loaded factory options

Tech2 & MDI diagnostics + SPS

5. Likes northpole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

It is also a budget thing unlike your vxr you are adding value, all thenother cars well no your not adding value so the best thing is budget but good stuff... it is why I researched the hell out of it before opted for rhe TA-TECHNIX low budget shocks... if I had a vxr I would be going for performance and comfort. And it would be some choice fully adjustable coilovers with a separate oil reservoir, or I would go airbags...

But it isn't it is just a 2.0 dti... not a 2.8t.

Plus although I love the 19 inch wheels as they fill those massive arches better i opted for 17 inch sri facelift wheels... as the tires are loads cheaper.

As I said I run the car on a shoestring budget, I have to as I bought it at a less than scrappy price, it was to good to go to the scrappy and with it being a saloon (not much of them around) it just needed saving...
    Last edited by northpole; 2nd August 2021 at 13:34.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information