Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Sri cdti

Trim : Sri

Engine : 1910 16v

Year : 2007

Default Insignia dpf problems

Hi I have just bought a 2011 insignia elite nav and have got dpf fullcarry on driving mandatory and I'm worried about it , been told to take it for a drive and keep revs over 2500 revs for 20 mins , I it possible to have it mapped out but leave dpf on do anyone know who could do it as close to diss in Norfolk thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.9 DTH

Year : 57

You should Clear the DPF by going for a drive in 3rd gear For about an hour And keep it at 60 - 70 I wouldn't dare suggest you should break speed limits so you should NOT GO 1 MPH OVER 70!!! i know that i never do ......

3. Likes northpole, Vectra990 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.9 DTH

Year : 57

Also to add this on-top From Northpole And i Quote " long drives is the only reason to own a diesel if you don't do that regularly it is best to sell the car and get a petrol version..."

5. Likes northpole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

also before you go on that motorway drive, add a dpf and catalytic converter cleaner to the tank, than run it in 3rd gear on the motorway trying to hit 70 mph, for an hour or so to help the dpf regeneration.

to come back to the quote above: the reason why i said it is because the egr system will soot up the complete engine, intake and exhaust system if you only use the car for short trips... at least once a week take the car for a good motorway drive if you don't do regular long trips (if you don't want to replace the car for a petrol car) and either run vpower diesel, or add the cleaners to your tank(especially if you tank cheap supermarket fuel) a day before the trip so it mixes properly with the fuel...

there are several cleaners but my go to brand when a cat or DPF is clogged up is a brand called CATACLEAN as i have had good results with it, there are also other cleaners that claim to be 5 in 1, or complete system cleaners but in most cases they're not specific DPF or CAT cleaners.

another solution would be to go for a terraclean and have them clean the DPF, but from what i have read on their website they actually remove it from the car and take it to a certain facility that cleans it up, than it gets put back on and they'll reset the ecu to tell it the dpf is cleaned and at 0% saturation (at least it is cheaper than replacing the DPF) but you'll have some down time.

7. Likes CaptainCockup liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by northpole View Post
    also before you go on that motorway drive, add a dpf and catalytic converter cleaner to the tank, than run it in 3rd gear on the motorway trying to hit 70 mph, for an hour or so to help the dpf regeneration.

to come back to the quote above: the reason why i said it is because the egr system will soot up the complete engine, intake and exhaust system if you only use the car for short trips... at least once a week take the car for a good motorway drive if you don't do regular long trips (if you don't want to replace the car for a petrol car) and either run vpower diesel, or add the cleaners to your tank(especially if you tank cheap supermarket fuel) a day before the trip so it mixes properly with the fuel...

there are several cleaners but my go to brand when a cat or DPF is clogged up is a brand called CATACLEAN as i have had good results with it, there are also other cleaners that claim to be 5 in 1, or complete system cleaners but in most cases they're not specific DPF or CAT cleaners.

another solution would be to go for a terraclean and have them clean the DPF, but from what i have read on their website they actually remove it from the car and take it to a certain facility that cleans it up, than it gets put back on and they'll reset the ecu to tell it the dpf is cleaned and at 0% saturation (at least it is cheaper than replacing the DPF) but you'll have some down time.
    Hi does the insignia have any cleaning fluid similar thing like other car do

9. Likes CaptainCockup liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You mean Addblue? If it does than it would be stated in your user manual, you'd also have an extra fluid reservoir which states addblue.

Usually under the bonnet but some are located in the rear boot area( depending on the manufacturer)

Longstory short even of you have that, and the dpf is 100% saturated you are better off using one off the cleaners to help the regeneration as basically it burns it clean with the additives, the addblue is a very high acid steamcleaner (it is distilled pigs urine) and once the thing is blocked it won't be able to do it's job properly.

Whatever you do do not buy addblue if your car hasn't got it installed, it has it's own reservoir, and unlike the cleaners that you add to the fuel and work their way through the injectors engine and exhaust, addblue gets directly injected into the exhaust, right infront of the dpf.... and it doesn't burn it gets steamed off.
    Last edited by northpole; 30th July 2021 at 16:53.

11. Likes CaptainCockup liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well actually I didn't explain adblue properly, it gets injected before a special cat, so after the dpf ... and the stuff is highly distilled urea (so not pigs urine, apparently it is derived from silicone) anyway it gets sprayed in before the special cat that uses it to lower the exhaust emissions... aka the euro6 standard

So back to your insignia if it's euro6 classified than you'll have adblue but since it gets injected after the dpf it won't help regeneration, dpf cleaners you add to the tank will.

13. Likes nikroc, CaptainCockup liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi car has been at garage for code check and regen and they have told me it's scrap ? They checked codes and there was codes for dpf and injector so he put some Dr dpf in and took it for a run and then put machine on for regen he said 2 minutes in to regen car revved it's b*****cks of and he switched ignition off but it just carried on running he had to put in gear to stall it , he took turbo pipe off and said there was oil in pipe and he started it again and it was misfiring said he disconnected each wiring connector and number 3 didn't make any difference so phoned me to see what I wanted to do as said injector has had it and turbo might be on way out , so had to drive it home as he didn't want to do anymore if I didn't pay upfront , he said try putting injector in and see ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Right the car was running of oil dumped in by the turbo that has blown it's seal... so you'll need a replacement turbo (2nd hand will do just fine) and a replacement injector... also 2nd hand would be the way of dealing with it...

Total cost would be between 250 and 400 pounds. So if you are a bit handy with the spanners diy it... but you'll need to clean the intercooler, boostpipes, intake and perform an engine flush,than replace the oil and oil filter...

That should take care of the injector and all the oil that the engine was running on.

Now for your exhaust.. take of the dpf and cat and just wash it out with hot soapy water when you are done and the lot is still wet it doesn't matter just put it back on. Now start the car it should fire up... the water will come out of the exhaust at the rear that is left and since you need togo on a long run for the dpf regen...

Well by the time.you are back the exhaust is dry and clean. The dpf regeneration should run without a problem now.

Ps if you would have a garage deal with all of this... you'll be looking at a bill of at least 1500 pounds and that is if they go for used parts. But if they have to give you some sort of guarantee.... well 2500 or more will be more the norm as they'll buy a new turbo and a new 3rd injector and because of all the cleaning and manual labour even that price is on the low side.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi thanks North pole I know ihave to get injector coded but my op-com only goes to 2010 and a China clone one so how much would coding be thanks

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information