Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTi

Year : 2013

Quote Originally Posted by northpole View Post
    Can't you undo the setting change you made and see if the unknown dtc goes away? I noticed that when I switch to a higher version on my not discussed software it finds stuff that isn't there at all, 2 unknowns to be exact. Went through all the settings and the lot isn't activated or programmed.... go figure!

Anyway might be the same with yours.
    The setting I changed was what version of "not discussed" I was using on the PC. As soon as I did that all manner of things started happening to the car. ABS and TC lights came on, rev counter started oscillating between zero and 1000 rpm. The engine also started idling very erratically. I very quickly changed the setting back the version it was set to before. I had stop and restart the car before the engine would run properly again. Then I had to clear something like 10 fault codes, all induced by me messing with the setting on the PC.

The trouble is, my Astra is borderline as to whether "not discussed" will work properly or not. If I leave it to self identify the car, it thinks it's a VX220 speedster with a 2.0 diesel engine! I have to manually tell it that it's a 2010 Astra-J, although mine is a 2013 model. It's been previously ok, and correct in identifying and clearing fault codes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by northpole View Post
    so i looked up the code and found some info...

Common issues with fuse box under hood on insignia, check loose wiring.... Same issues can be found by googling "..insignia 2.0cdti bcm can no crank"
    (BCM is under steering wheel underhood)
    it is only fuse panel
    its contact issue from fusebox, did you searched from google, i found 100% same issue and it was caused by loose contact(red cable to double threaded polt)

All U codes: wiring(contact) or module itself

ps:

U0073 00 Code

The code, U0073, can register in one or more modules: powertrain control module (PCM), transmission control module (TCM), anti-lock brake (ABS) module, or body control module (BCM) in various locations. Typically, the code sets in the module that experienced a loss of communication.

Yeah, I found similar about loose wiring, etc. But the U0073-00 code only appeared after I made a change to the setting in the software on my PC, and what version of xxxx was connected to it. I can't see how it can be loose wiring because it seems that I have manually generated the fault. I just hope I haven't damaged a module somewhere.

I did speak to the garage yesterday about the error code and they said it's not a recognised GM code and it sounds like a code that's linked to my OBD reader. As per my previous mention of the "Service vehicle soon" message not displaying, nor other fault lights being displayed, they did say that it's unlikely their ODB reader would find anything other than possibly an old historic fault code either.

Give them their due, they didn't insist that I should have a diagnostic scan carried out at £97 inc. VAT. They're still going to go ahead with the original plan of just changing the oil and go from there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Update.

Oil changed. Invoice says they used 5 litres. All the You Tube clips I found suggest only 3 litres, so maybe they used a bit extra and flushed it?

Very cleverly worded on the invoice "gearbox oil changed at customer's request" which is basically a get out clause removing any responsibility for them. However I do have a separate email from the service manager which does mention they suggest changing the oil first and go from there

The snatching into gear problem when putting it into "D" occurred once on Saturday evening after a 15 miles drive, but is was nowhere as severe as when it previously did it. More of a gentle nudge than anything else. I will monitor it though. Touch wood hasn't done it since.

While the car was there, they carried out their standard procedure of doing a Vauxhall health check and found a broken rear nearside spring. Quoted me £117 to replace it (no Masterfit discount with non genuine GM parts). It would have been £162 with discount if they fitted a genuine GM spring.
    I told them to fit 2 new non genuine GM springs, as I'm a firm believer in replacing springs in pairs, not on their own. Yes, I know I could have done the job myself, but what with a dodgy leg that I'm waiting for an operation on, and a courtesy car to use, I just let them get on with it. MOT is due in September so would have needed changing soon anyway.

Total bill came to £349 (gearbox oil change, 2 new springs fitted, and the £10 accident collision waiver for the courtesy car). Bang goes the £200 on call money I've just received from work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

it is the way it is at least you know that the problem should be gone... And from what i read about the autoboxes used by GM they tend to need an oil change and after a few years a filter change because some valves inside can get stuck or operate to slow resulting in jerky gear selection.

So keep an eye on it but i think you sorted it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information