User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I think it's time to part company..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default I think it's time to part company..

I'm in a right quandry now. I can't decide what to do for the best and it's doing my head in.

My old Tractor, although behaving at the moment, is getting to the stage where I'm going to have to throw a wad of cash at it sooner rather than later. It's probably going to need a wheel bearing on the front - I say probably 'cos I can't decide if it's droning, or if it's the tyres are noisy. The rear suspension, I reckon is shot. Needs new shocks, probably linky things, bushses etc. The clutch is OK, although the travel on the pedal feels a bit too long - might need adjusting. Plus there's the uncertainty of the turbo.

I've been out looking at other cars - I don't necesarilly want to just gift Vauxhall my business - so looked at a few alternatives, of which, a Passat kind of did it for me, followed by the 159.

Or, do I fix mine back up, wait a year or so, pray the turbo hangs on, save a few pennies, as long as nothing lets go, then look at the Insignia?

Only good thing to come out of today, is the Bank Manager (shaz) gave me a bigger budget - now up to £15k. Bad thing is she won't be drawn into a decision, she says it's up to me.

It puts me into the 3.0 Signum I want - If I can find one that is. Or do I wait?

Oh my head!!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia tourer

Trim : elite

Engine : 2.0 cdti 160

Year : 2011

think i will aswell

sorry to hear your having probs m8,hope you make a gud descission
    on a nice replacement.

hmmm you cud always invest ya cash for an irmscher signum IS3

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

im tempted by the £12 k 3.0 ltr ctdi sri's at motorpoint. A nearly new 3 ltr looks a good deal to me - what kind of bhp / torque would i be looking at with a panel filter & remap on a 3.0 against a 1.9 ?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audi

Trim : A5

Engine : 2.0 turbo petrol

Year : 2009

im the same at the moment andrew although my motor has given me no problems whatsoever im just getting itchy feet to change but not wanting to spend a huge amount of money on its replacement as i dont use the car often enough to justify huge monthly payments! thing is there is a huge choice of superb cars out there to choose from so i see your dilemma mate

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If someone had said the same to me about a year ago, I'd have said 'ah, bless what a decision to have to try and make' in the most sarcastic tone possible, but this is really doing my head in! Pogo's got it on the head, there are so many other good cars out there.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i'm completely Bias, so i say go for the Signum now...yes, we can fix up your sri relativly cheaply for you, but while it's running well ( as it can be) i'd get a good PX price on it as when the insignia comes out the prefacelifts will suffer another residual drop and will be harder to get good money back on.....fact of life.

yes the others are nice, but i bet VAG didn't tell you about their EGR valve/turbo problems on their engines did they....or you could go for patchy reliability if you get a duff 1.9 lump in the alfa ( with all the other alfa woes that go with it)..

apart from the very rare problem, the 3ltrs have all come back as bullet proof, you liked harrys car, so i'd just stick with one of them..£15K should see you into a nice facelift elite on a late plate...what more could an andrew's sri ask for..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audi

Trim : A5

Engine : 2.0 turbo petrol

Year : 2009

i dont want to stray from the griffin as ive got vauxhall blood in my veins lol and every time ive bought a different make ive had problems and so ive always come back to the vauxhall fold good luck whatever you do andrew

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Gsi3.2 View Post
    i'm completely Bias, so i say go for the Signum now...yes, we can fix up your sri relativly cheaply for you, but while it's running well ( as it can be) i'd get a good PX price on it as when the insignia comes out the prefacelifts will suffer another residual drop and will be harder to get good money back on.....fact of life.

yes the others are nice, but i bet VAG didn't tell you about their EGR valve/turbo problems on their engines did they....or you could go for patchy reliability if you get a duff 1.9 lump in the alfa ( with all the other alfa woes that go with it)..

apart from the very rare problem, the 3ltrs have all come back as bullet proof, you liked harrys car, so i'd just stick with one of them..£15K should see you into a nice facelift elite on a late plate...what more could an andrew's sri ask for..

Listen to Mark mate, what he says makes total sense to me, go on, you know you want a V6

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Gsi3.2 View Post

Mark talks sense into me again, while Neil holds his coat!!

Get a few bits and pieces sorted out and the hunt can begin! Won't be in time for PVS unfortunately!

Must admit, the Alfa looked nice, but it's the same engine I'm sort of keeping away from with the Vectra isn't it!

I'll have to get a new username though, won't I!

Btw, can you get a Travel assistant these days, or am I stuck with Journey helper?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i think it's journey helper for you, unless you retrofit a TA....

'Wise words softly spoken'...in association with some of that very nice Stuttgart lager i found over her in the UK....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information