Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default British Gas

Billing....

I've woken up to a nice little £300+ bill for electric from them this morning, what's puzzling me right now is the last bill was £234 with the Eco7 running through the winter, somehow even though the heaters have been off for almost 6 weeks of this bill, it's 30% higher than the expected higher one, and the meter is reading higher use than the bill, so all in all it looks closer to £400 right now.

I'm wondering if the meter is shot or they are just taking the P, tried customer services and guess what? all our advisers are busy, if you want to give us some more money we will answer your call just like that.

Has anyone else had hassle with them before? and another thing I notice on the bill, it's broken down to be as confusing as possible in about 6 sections all listing different times of different months, surely this is a con to confuse, all a bill needs to state is how many units and how much to pay doesn't it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I totally agree on how confusing they are. I do realise that you get different prices for different times of the day, but they could do sometheing nice an easy like a phonebill - day and night rate simple as that.

Are you sure the bill you have actually applies to recent weeks. they are usually a month behind the quarter month, so it may only run up to the start of March.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

We had a similar thing last year with our electric, we were paying a certain amout a month - I can't remember what, then in January they said, right, you owe us £400, basically because they said we weren't paying enough monthly.

We put it to them that if it had been noticed our consumption compared to what we were paying wasn't right, then they surely could or should have said something. In the end, we checked the meter ourselves, found we were using LESS than they said and it brought the bill down to about £100 extra.

This was N-Power by the way.

Check your meter yourself for a couple of months to compare their idea of your usage against actual. a bit 'horse bolted, door then locked' but it'll give you a better idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I totally agree on how confusing they are. I do realise that you get different prices for different times of the day, but they could do sometheing nice an easy like a phonebill - day and night rate simple as that.

Are you sure the bill you have actually applies to recent weeks. they are usually a month behind the quarter month, so it may only run up to the start of March.
    Seems to have been billed for energy used up to 12th March,26th april and 2nd of May
    See what I mean about jubble it up and hope ppl dont bother checking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew's SRi View Post
    We had a similar thing last year with our electric, we were paying a certain amout a month - I can't remember what, then in January they said, right, you owe us £400, basically because they said we weren't paying enough monthly.

We put it to them that if it had been noticed our consumption compared to what we were paying wasn't right, then they surely could or should have said something. In the end, we checked the meter ourselves, found we were using LESS than they said and it brought the bill down to about £100 extra.

This was N-Power by the way.

Check your meter yourself for a couple of months to compare their idea of your usage against actual. a bit 'horse bolted, door then locked' but it'll give you a better idea.
    I've just Moneysuper'd it, Powergen can save me £240 PA based on my figures and by reg monthly DD, so it looks like bye bye BG, why is it every shareholder company in this country acts like a dodgy salesman with it's methods, BG is braging it's butt off about 16% reductions in price, but given that they hiked it up 45% over the last 18 mths I dont see what they've got to be proud of, roll on the day when I get a cab up to heathrow, get on a plane and fly somewhere in this world where there's no terror threat, no opportunist minister's, where it doesn't rain 85% of the yr and ppl are friendly and welcoming towards you, it shows how bad things are, last night I had a lady of Afro carrib descent in the car, and if I'd said what she said about migrating foreigners I'd be in trouble now, and btw she hit the nail on the head, I also had some idiot from Slovakia wanting a free cab and cheap hotel as well, his idea was that I'd take him there because he didn't have any money and arrange with the hotelier a free bed for the night as well....GET THE **** OUTTA HERE!!!!....Hello my names Ian and I'm from the UK and don't have much money, can I have everything for free Mr & Mrs Johnny Foreign, response would be to get spat at and end up bleeding in a gutter.

Rant Over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

And breathe......

By the way, i put £10 in my gas meter three weeks ago, hasn't run out yet!

Thread Information