So, It's been a long time since I've posted on here but I first joined in 2007 (I think) with a Vectra C, then got a V6 Signum, went back to a Vectra and then bought a brand new 2012 Insignia from the factory. There's various threads covering this from the start, and at 50K miles:

Delivery Thread
50K miles

Well, toward the end of last year I finally reached 100K and my warranty ran out! Total usage of it? Next to nothing, which is both impressive and disappointing at the same time...

Apart from one new glowplug, some electrical gremlins with the driver's heated seat and a new clutch and flywheel at 95K when something was making a knocking noise, it's been faultless and just sits on the motorway for however long you want. Mechanically I can't fault it really, and I'm now up at 108K and still going strong.

Cosmetically, it has taken a bit of a bashing. Alloys, paint and general bodywork could use some attention, but it's hard to part with the cash to do anything apart from keep it on the road when it's now 9 years old and worth peanuts - I can't put a price on the trouble-free motoring though.

Service wise, it had front brakes at 75K, rears at 95K, and front tyres last about 25K with the rears double that.

The car does not look this good now, so lets stick with an old photo...

Insignia GIF.jpg
Disclaimer - I wasn't driving when this was taken...

Now, anyone who remembers me may know I've always been a massive geek, and as such I've kept a history ofmy fuel usage for every mile of owning the car. I drive it till almost empty, and always refill to full. Note the mileage, cost etc, put it into my app and it spits out some lovely graphs. So, here's 100,000 miles of raw, hard data...

Average economy - slowly goes up as the engine beds in, but does vary according to the sort of driving I'm doing:

Cost per mile - combination of the economy and the cost of the fuel:

The mileage and cost for each type of fuel I've used, allowing you to see the most economical and the cheapeast to operate with overall:

The miloeage increasing against the date - you can see the months I spent out of the country at Her Majesty's pleasure as flatlines...

So there you go - lots of nerdy data and a car which is still going strong after 9 years. I'd love to replace with with a Mercedes E Class but things like a house etc take priority...