Thread: Looking at an Insignia 2.0T auto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Looking at an Insignia 2.0T auto

Hi all, I've not posted on this forum for a number of years (since I sold my Vectra 3.2 V6) but I'm back and looking for info/advice.

I currently have a 2011 BMW 520D (F11) but as its getting high on miles, I feel its time for a change. I need a car that's cheaper to maintain as I run my own business now and do big miles. The BMW is expensive for parts.

I'm bored of diesels now so looking at petrol.

I've seen an Insignia 2.0T auto estate (2014) and would like to know any common problems. Is the auto box better and more reliable than the Vectra's unit? (I had issues with mine). Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Toyota

Trim : Yaris Hybrid

Engine : 1.5 Hybrid

Year : 2021

Mileage : 5525

welcome back ,you might find it a bit quieter in here but I am sure some one will come along and give you their opinion

Events Manager & Moderator jon1.9cdti's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Grand sport

Trim : Elite

Engine : B16DTH

Year : 2017

Mileage : 86000

In your old 3.2 v6 you would of had the af33 autobox if my memory serves me correctly .
    The later vectras and then the insignias had the af40 6 speed aisin warner gearbox which is actually quite reliable .
    You do not say whether you are looking at a hatch or tourer .
    The hatchback suffer with water getting into the boot and turning the spare wheel well into a swimming pool .
    The tourer suffers with a similar leak except it can and does shortout the power tailgate module if fitted .
    Generally not a lot goes wrong on the inside but they do like an abs sensor but they are only around £20 a corner when needed and take 5 minutes to fit .
    Another thing to check is the rear lower arms as there have been cases where they have rusted and snapped , to be honest mostly older models , this has only started showing in the past year or two , when you consider some of the oldest insignias are 13 years old now it is not terrible
    Hope this helps a little
    Custom griill, Vx-line bodykit ,gsi boot spoiler, Irmscher evo star 20" alloys , Stainless twin exit exhaust

4. Likes john_k_sri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for your replies. It is a Tourer with all the bells and whistles. The only thing it doesn't have is heated steering wheel which I'm not too fussed about. Water leaks seem to be a common thing on modern cars. BMW is no stranger to them.

I assume the 2.0T SIDI is a reliable lump as I cant find much about them on the internet. Anything else I should look out for when I go see it, Flex-ride issues? etc?

I put a deposit down today as a facelifted 2.0T Elite Tourer seems to be a bit rare, with a view to seeing it next week/weekend. I hope I'm not disappointed.

Thread Information