340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

Me to, i lost my temper with mine which is really odd since im used to dealing with maintenance disasters and keeping a level head but i was willing to take it down a lane and burn it even before removing all the expensive mods
    Vectra VXR estate 2007 Sapphire Black
    Teapot Tuned 255/300
    Eibachs B8's, fully loaded factory options

Tech2 & MDI diagnostics + SPS

2. Likes northpole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : signum

Trim : design

Engine : 1910

Year : 06

Quote Originally Posted by Dog_Book View Post
    Me to, i lost my temper with mine which is really odd since im used to dealing with maintenance disasters and keeping a level head but i was willing to take it down a lane and burn it even before removing all the expensive mods
    car wouldn't start today, possibly due to draining the battery so many times.
    i decided to check the glow plugs and took near 40 mins to get 1 and 2 out, there was so much carbon on them.
    checked the ohms and all were at about 0.8 to 0.9 ohms,
    connected them to a battery and all lit up within 5 seconds so they were good.
    battery back from charging and killed it again trying to start it again.
    swapped it for my landrover battery and disconnected the throttle body and she fired up briefly for a few seconds but it still sounded the same as before. then wouldnt start again. killed my own battery trying again.
    my new egr should be here tomorrow so will give that a go, i cant see that doing anything tho. then i will admit defeat and put her to a garage.
    i have seen posts saying the glow plug relay could be at fault. i cant see any way to test it, took it off and it looks fine, not sure if that could cause the issues.
    im wondering about a blocked inlet manifold, the egr was sooted up quite bad, worse than i've ever seen it. the manifold is only a yr old at best and i would have thought i would have had issues leading up to the problems i got.
    couldnt listen to injectors to see if they were firing as car wouldn't run long enough
    i've run out of ideas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by sigman0674 View Post
    car wouldn't start today, possibly due to draining the battery so many times.
    i decided to check the glow plugs and took near 40 mins to get 1 and 2 out, there was so much carbon on them.
    checked the ohms and all were at about 0.8 to 0.9 ohms,
    connected them to a battery and all lit up within 5 seconds so they were good.
    battery back from charging and killed it again trying to start it again.
    swapped it for my landrover battery and disconnected the throttle body and she fired up briefly for a few seconds but it still sounded the same as before. then wouldnt start again. killed my own battery trying again.
    my new egr should be here tomorrow so will give that a go, i cant see that doing anything tho. then i will admit defeat and put her to a garage.
    i have seen posts saying the glow plug relay could be at fault. i cant see any way to test it, took it off and it looks fine, not sure if that could cause the issues.
    im wondering about a blocked inlet manifold, the egr was sooted up quite bad, worse than i've ever seen it. the manifold is only a yr old at best and i would have thought i would have had issues leading up to the problems i got.
    couldnt listen to injectors to see if they were firing as car wouldn't run long enough
    i've run out of ideas.
    SUCCESS!!!!
    New EGR arrived today. Changed over and made no difference.
    Checked old one and was working fine.
    Checked power to glow plugs and nothing. Traced back to glowplug relay and all ok. Checked relay and found a small bit if corrosion on one of the terminals on the back of the plug. Cleaned and refitted. Tried to start again, still nothing.
    My last test before putting downpipe back on and taking her to a garage was a known fault with no3 injector.
    Although when I previously took off the injector plugs one by one and the car dying as it sounded like it was running on 2 cylinders, it seemed to be they were all fine.
    I wiggled all plugs on injectors with no effect.
    Made a crude loom and connected way back the wiring loom.
    Fresh battery and after 2 or 3 mins cranking she boosted back into life. Smokey as hell due to numerous non starts.
    Going to order new plugs and wiring from (E) of bay and solder the new ones on.
    Will finish putting her back together tomorrow , change oil and filter, service her and get new battery. Then book her in for a terra clean.
    Just like to thank all who gave suggestions and their time to help try solve this problem which had aged me 10 yrs lol.
    Cheers guys.. I hope I can return the favour sometime

5. Likes Dog_Book, northpole liked this post
    Midlands - Vxr Owning Dick Dog_Book's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

Better get a 2.8t then
    Glad it’s sorted, the deviation values are quite high but balance out, usually you would see no3 way out. I had a bad missfire on no3 and it was the connector issue. It’s not the wiring it’s the female connector inside the plug opens up so you can close it up with a very small tool.
    I went mad and changed the lot
    Vectra VXR estate 2007 Sapphire Black
    Teapot Tuned 255/300
    Eibachs B8's, fully loaded factory options

Tech2 & MDI diagnostics + SPS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Dog_Book View Post
    Better get a 2.8t then
    Glad it’s sorted, the deviation values are quite high but balance out, usually you would see no3 way out. I had a bad missfire on no3 and it was the connector issue. It’s not the wiring it’s the female connector inside the plug opens up so you can close it up with a very small tool.
    I went mad and changed the lot
    lol its the wife's car (mine when broken ) so think she would kill herself with a 2.8t ( food for thought lol)
    im guessing it was no 1 and 2 plug that were at fault on the harness, but i just checked them all. its the old yellow plug so going to update them with the newer type .
    not sure if the glow plug relay would have helped the situation either.
    i will do a injector deviation test tomorrow when i get the exhaust put back on and see what they say then. my guess is they will be back to a more normal range.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information