0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : 2.2 Direct Exclusiv

Engine : Not sure

Year : 2008

Thanks, I did see that post, however, mine never started out like that....it didn't just jump to that fault code. I went through a whole load of them as my first post shows, then I had the CIM faults coming up, once the CIM was cloned and refitted I took it for a spin and she didn't like it about 1.5 miles down the road, all flat road, not one hill in sight. So, this is why my head is now well and truly messed up....if it is the pump then the cheapest thing I can do is buy the set of diaphragms and recon it, that'll save money but will cost me time, IF that is what the problem is....what if its just the fuel pressure jobby, which would cost me about 100 give or take, depending on where I got it, or the fuel system connector or whatever the hell it is. Yes, hair pull time plus I need my car on the road, my g'/f and our little un who is on the autism scale need me to take them shopping etc and I can't. Little uns birthday is next month and I am desperate to get one of my cars on the road.....the other is a veccy B sri, which needs mechanical stuff doing to it but I'm struggling with doing it myself. So, you can see my position and I don't have the money to be able to just get a garage to do the repairs for me. Its not often I ask for help, normally, I'm the silent one lurking in the background, hoping I can help or advise someone with their car issues

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

your story reminds me of that of a member from South Afrika, he had problems with his 2.2 zafira ... he tried the lot in the end he got a replacement pump ordered here in the UK and send to him... long story short he did change the diaphragm, didn't work, injectors were replaced for refurbished ones, new fuel rail, in the end he got a pump that was reset and low and behold the problem disappeared... he hasn't been back on the forum ever since but that is how he solved it in the end... and his reason for owning the zafira was because it's a rare car (but that put him in the position of not being able to find parts in SA)

in your case it's not a rare car, and for the price of a replacement pump you can own a 1.8petrol or a 1.9 cdti...I would look into that and no it's not giving up, it's the quickest solution, to get you and the your family back on the road. ( you can always take the good parts from yours and put them over in the replacement, than bring it to the scrappy and recover some of your money)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by northpole View Post
    in your case it's not a rare car, and for the price of a replacement pump you can own a 1.8petrol or a 1.9 cdti...I would look into that and no it's not giving up, it's the quickest solution, to get you and the your family back on the road. ( you can always take the good parts from yours and put them over in the replacement, than bring it to the scrappy and recover some of your money)

I would get another car but I can't afford to buy one, I am on the medically retired list and the money I get, well, let's just say I can just about get by with my car. My SRI 1.8 veccy b is also off the road because I can't get physically sort it out myself.....The insurance on my 2.2 is only £27 a month, tax is a bit of a killer. Anyway, I guess I need this pressure test done and a proper diagnosis and then save to get the part, and whilst doing that put my sri back on the road if I can find someone cheap enough to help me. I get what your saying, when I first bought the car I didn't know about the problems and besides my veccy b was going to my parents because they didn't have a car that was working. I guess what I need is help from someone who is in the Oxfordshire area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i get it... if i was you i would leave the car be ( put it back together if parts are off) and check if you got RAC full cover on your insurance... if you do let them diagnose what is actually wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra VXR x2

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

Mileage : 75,000

Quote Originally Posted by AndySignum2.2 View Post
    I would get another car but I can't afford to buy one, I am on the medically retired list and the money I get, well, let's just say I can just about get by with my car. My SRI 1.8 veccy b is also off the road because I can't get physically sort it out myself.....The insurance on my 2.2 is only £27 a month, tax is a bit of a killer. Anyway, I guess I need this pressure test done and a proper diagnosis and then save to get the part, and whilst doing that put my sri back on the road if I can find someone cheap enough to help me. I get what your saying, when I first bought the car I didn't know about the problems and besides my veccy b was going to my parents because they didn't have a car that was working. I guess what I need is help from someone who is in the Oxfordshire area.

im not taking any **** here my partner has ms and epilepsy and I’ve been off work for the last year with low b12 and I get £67 a week to to look after her. Depending on how many you points you get awarded you can claim full or half road tax if you haven’t already looked init.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra VXR x2

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

Mileage : 75,000

You say you have op c do a live data run in engine from when you start till just after fault as it’s a lot off data to go through, think someone already said this but does show a lot of info what is going on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yes do a live data logging show us the results... also scan for any fault codes afterwards... this will give us all a better view of what is going on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1796 View Post
    im not taking any **** here my partner has ms and epilepsy and I’ve been off work for the last year with low b12 and I get £67 a week to to look after her. Depending on how many you points you get awarded you can claim full or half road tax if you haven’t already looked init.
    I have B12 injections too....mine is more a mental health issue that isn't going to get better, but I do have physical issues too, unfortunately, they don't think I should get mobility allowance, despite knackered back, neck, arthritis in my knees, anyway I digress....I have a handheld but that's not worth ****e tbh and for some reason my wifi one worked on one car now it won't work at all. So, I really do feel for other people that struggle too and there isn't the help that there should be. If you take the mental health, that has been rundown for years, both political parties have ignored the plight. I've had no support since the tighten yer belts its going to be rough out there, despite them pulling in extra vat thanks to cameron putting it up, only because the eu allowed the cap to be lifted. Anyway, I digress, talking politics and how let down most of us feel or angry, isn't going to get me back on the road.

Live data is going to be difficult because the battery in my laptop doesn't last long, my wifi one has decided it doesn't want to connect anymore and the handheld is very basic. The best I can do is park my car closer, put the laptop on it attached to an extension lead but that's the best I can do. If I had the money to buy a battery, trust me I would do.

I think the D900 OBD scanner does live data but there is no way to download it to a pc......I've just spent 10 minutes looking, I don't think they can be, so my only other way, is either get this battery or borrow someone elses laptop. I'm going to give it ago now and see what happens.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information