0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    Came across this thread at just the right time. Having the same problem for a few years and repairs are not working anymore with the driver side arm striking the pillar (which it didn't do when the repair was first done).

Just one quick and possibly silly question. I watched the video linked to above (and quoted below)

Why do the linkage arms get replaced "upside down". The original ones taken off have the "open" side facing down while the new ones are open side up. I thought it was a mistake on the video but on X8R's website they have the same "mistake" in their pictures. Is this intentional or does it not matter? The placement of the arms?
    they aren't upside down they are the right way up, the old ones look like they are the other way around, but remember the new linkages have been redesigned to address the problem of the original... so they are not upside down they are mounted the right way up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra c SRI CDTI 150

Trim : SRI

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : 2008

Mileage : 117,000

Right after years and years and years this problem is now fixed. I bought a second hand complete unit (linkage and wiper motor). The problem immediately repaired itself fortunately the second hand unit was stamped with 2018 so presume it didn’t have much mileage on it.

I did try adjusting the stubby arm/ experiments with it but it just wouldn’t work I was just really leather to spend over £100 on a motor to find that I still had the fault. My advice would be pick up a second hand motor to anyone on this predicament. I’d also be inclined to just buy a new linkage assembly of its proven that the motor is at fault.

3. Likes northpole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra-C

Trim : SRi XP2 Nav

Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

Year : 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggle View Post
    Right after years and years and years this problem is now fixed. I bought a second hand complete unit (linkage and wiper motor). The problem immediately repaired itself fortunately the second hand unit was stamped with 2018 so presume it didnít have much mileage on it.

I did try adjusting the stubby arm/ experiments with it but it just wouldnít work I was just really leather to spend over £100 on a motor to find that I still had the fault. My advice would be pick up a second hand motor to anyone on this predicament. Iíd also be inclined to just buy a new linkage assembly of its proven that the motor is at fault.
    You say you fixed it finally with a new motor? Surely the small link rod attaching the motor has a set position, I think horizontal? I've just fitted new oe linkage and same problem. I also didn't pay attention when fitting this tbh.....again it can't be my motor surely, I assume its the position of the small arm that is meant to be at the point where its at its furthest, so it then pulls wipers up?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

You nailed it... but what you might think is the right position might be a little lower or higher... just move it until it's right...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information