User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: would this fit a dimmer rear view mirror

  1. #1
    Regular Member justin32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra c SRI Facelift

    Trim : SRI

    Engine : 1.9 CDTI 150

    Year : 2006

    Default would this fit a dimmer rear view mirror

    As above. I just purchased one but it doesnt have the surround. Ive heard that an Astra H will be a better look as its smaller in its profile but this looks even better

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-Vaux...53.m1438.l2649

  2. #2
    Regular Member northpole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Ipswich
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C

    Trim : SXI limited edition

    Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

    Year : 2003

    Mileage : 140000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justin32 View Post
    As above. I just purchased one but it doesnt have the surround. Ive heard that an Astra H will be a better look as its smaller in its profile but this looks even better

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-Vaux...53.m1438.l2649
    Are you going for all black inside? If so have a look in my diary.... all I used is some shoe-polish and a satin black rattle can for all the hard plastic surfaces... my vectra is a daily and even though everyrhing gets touched (not just by me by the way) the painted stuff is still damage free... just need to do those switches from the map light but other than that the lot is all black, including the roofliner... costed under 25 quid and looks a lot more upper-class.

  3. #3
    Regular Member justin32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra c SRI Facelift

    Trim : SRI

    Engine : 1.9 CDTI 150

    Year : 2006

    Default

    The colour isnt to much of an issue it's the size of the vectra c one, I dont have the rain sensor or relevant windscreen so I'm just left with a horrible looking plastic case which looks awful from the outside. I know that the Astra H ones are smaller but still fit and the one in the link is even smaller.

    I'll have a look in your diary mate

  4. Likes northpole liked this post
  5. #4
    Regular Member northpole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Ipswich
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C

    Trim : SXI limited edition

    Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

    Year : 2003

    Mileage : 140000

    Default

    what you got an SRI without a rain sensor? it makes no sense to me every model i have seen has them except for the later life versions that have almost nothing as an extra... and i mean mine (although a pre-facelift) is an SXI and even that has the rain sensor, auto dimming rear view mirror, OEM lower sport suspension etc the difference with the SRI is was on 16 inch alloys instead of 17 inch ones... oh and the front passenger seat misses the lumbar support, height adjustment and rear build-in seat pocket... for the rest the lot is exactly the same as the normal SRI versions.. you sure yours is an SRI? It should be stated in the owners-manual or use a VIN decoder it'll actually tell you what the car came with from the factory.... i suggest you try to run the latter...

  6. #5
    Regular Member justin32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Basingstoke
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra c SRI Facelift

    Trim : SRI

    Engine : 1.9 CDTI 150

    Year : 2006

    Default

    Yep it's definitely an SRI, I brought it from a member on here about 10 years ago now, it says it on my insurance docs and manual and the zapp vin decoder site. It seems to be a basic spec SRI, it had a crappy CD30 and no extra wiring for anything. The only thing I have is a spare wire next to the ashtray light lol. I do have the lumbar support and pockets at the back of the seats.

    The 08 plate I'm currently taking bits from is an SRI and that had CD70 with aux and bluetooth and rear interior light and front map light and for some strange reason it has VXR spoiler and XP front and rear bumpers

  7. #6
    Midlands - Vxr Owning Dick Dog_Book's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Derby
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra Estate

    Trim : VXR

    Engine : Z28NEH

    Year : 07

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northpole View Post
    what you got an SRI without a rain sensor? it makes no sense to me every model i have seen has them except for the later life versions that have almost nothing as an extra... and i mean mine (although a pre-facelift) is an SXI and even that has the rain sensor, auto dimming rear view mirror, OEM lower sport suspension etc the difference with the SRI is was on 16 inch alloys instead of 17 inch ones... oh and the front passenger seat misses the lumbar support, height adjustment and rear build-in seat pocket... for the rest the lot is exactly the same as the normal SRI versions.. you sure yours is an SRI? It should be stated in the owners-manual or use a VIN decoder it'll actually tell you what the car came with from the factory.... i suggest you try to run the latter...
    Only Design and Elite had them as standard, all else optional.
    Vectra VXR estate 2007 Sapphire Black
    Teapot Tuned 255/300
    Eibachs B8's, fully loaded factory options

    Tech2 & MDI diagnostics + SPS

  8. #7
    Regular Member northpole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Ipswich
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C

    Trim : SXI limited edition

    Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

    Year : 2003

    Mileage : 140000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dog_Book View Post
    Only Design and Elite had them as standard, all else optional.
    Well blow me down! vauxhall was greedy!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Vanity Mirror / rear view mirror loom location.
    By R13hard in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28th April 2014, 23:19
  2. For Sale: Dimming Rear View Mirror Kit, Rear Electric Window Kit, CDC Module & Switch
    By countduckula55 in forum Parts for sale
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 6th August 2013, 16:54
  3. Rear View Mirror Blocks all View to Left
    By bren in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 26th November 2008, 21:36
  4. rear view mirror
    By kpf1grandprix in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 6th April 2008, 17:19
  5. Rear View Mirror - what is this bit....??
    By bennyk in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 26th September 2007, 14:53

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •