User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Right reflector weird behaviour (non AFL, single xenon)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : GTS

Engine : 1.9 CDTI (19DTH)

Year : 2007

Default Right reflector weird behaviour (non AFL, single xenon)

Hello!
    First of all, I would like to say 'Hello!' because this is my first post on the forum.
    Second thing, please forgive me misspelling and language mistakes. English is not my native language.
    I have two little problems with my car, but I would like to start topic of the first problem. Second will wait for another ocassion.

Car: Vectra C GTS, year 2007, 1.9 diesel with 150 HP.
    I have a problem with right reflector (passenger side). This is car from outside UK, so I have steering wheel on the left side. Lamp is AHL - single xenon without adapatative system and without cornering lights.

Problem: Right lamp is falling down and up in various situations. Especially when I'm operating a sterring wheel during parking and when idling while moving the steering wheel. It seems problem is apparent when my RPMs are low.
    When I start the engine and turn on the lights, setting of the lights looks correct in both of reflectors. Both of them are falling down, both of the are rising up and setting in straight line. But after some time, this right reflector is starting do falling down and rising up while driving, just like it was trying to set the hight.
    I've checked the error codes with Op-Com and this is what it shows under AFL/AHL category:

U1113-00 No Communication with Right Power Light Module

I've chcecked:
    -fuses 9 & 19 - both are OK
    -I tried to delete the error. It returns.
    -plug/connector in right lamp. Looks OK. Wires also looks OK.
    -I replaced xenon bulbs between both sides. Still this right lamp is freaking out.
    -I've checked the voltage of my battery. When idling with CD player ON, front xenon lights and blower on stage 3 (A/C is turned off) it shows 13.7 to 13.8 Volts. When I rapidly moving a steering wheel volatege is falling down even to 12.8 Volts. But I think its ok, because I have hydraulic-electrical power steering and it consumes some power.

Help me please, gentlemen. What should I check next?
    Last edited by alex_cs; 23rd October 2020 at 20:08.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : GTS

Engine : 1.9 CDTI (19DTH)

Year : 2007

Hello.
    After some time I solved the problem.
    If somone of you encounter problem like mine, please check electronic module inside the lamp. It is hidden under lowest rubber cap. Behind it you will find motor for hight setting and this module in plastic casing. Modules are not switchable between sides, because the modules are signed left/right (also the car computer see it, so right will be always right even if you place it in the left reflector).
    Part numbers are: 89390919 - for left, and 89390920 - for right. It's hard to buy that module seperatly but I've found it on eBay from Italy. Brand new for 15 Euro.
    So my problem was solved by replacing that module inside right lamp. To replace it in Vectra C (after-lift version) you don't need to pull out a lamp, only the air filter casing.

3. Likes bigmac, soulman, NielsJ liked this post

Thread Information