0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Corsa

Trim : who knows

Engine : not yet decided

Year : 2005

Default Best one to buy......

Hi Folks,
    Newbie here, looking to buy my first Vectra (or Insginia) and after some pointers on which ones are better than others.
    My budget is about £400 - 1400, it needs to be Diesel due to the mileage I cover, not overly fussed on the colour or spec. Looking on various sales sites there are different models/variants, so my question is which ones are best and which ones are to be avoided. i.e. The earlier ones seem to have a 2.0 and a 2.2 engine and the later ones have the 1.9 engine. A look on here shows people with the M32 gearbox......
    So your help would be appreciated on which combination/models are better than the others.
    I don't mind mechanical work, not keen on bodywork.
    TIA

Admin & Membership Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

My personal opinion would be to stay clear of the M32 gearbox!

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

3. Likes northpole, Dvaltd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    My personal opinion would be to stay clear of the M32 gearbox!
    and economy wise a vectra 1.9cdti 150bhp with a better gearbox... and if you can get an elite... if you need it as a workhorse to carry loads... well an estate would be the weapon of your choice... but the best ones to get are the sri or elite... models.. and if it's an XP2 you'll have the best looking exterior also for the standard models they are only out classed by the vectra VXR looks wise.

Insignia's well i got no idea as i haven't looked into them but i know that the first models came with the M32 gearbox and 4 wheel drive.. and those seem to be riddled with problems... The facelift models seem to be better but i wouldn't know that is what i read about them... and to be honest i also read loads of bad press about the vectra's but they are way better than the press gave them credit for. and are bargains at the moment so you'd be stupid if you go for something similar that costs more... as the vectra is a comfortable motorway cruiser, that is equally good in town, and if you don't mess with the oem suspension ( read lower it to silly lows) they can tackle any road surface with comfort...

that is if they have been taken care off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Astra Twin Top

Engine : 1.9cdti

Year : 07

If you can get hold of a Signum you have the best of both looks and load carrier . The 1.9cdti is the diesel of choice ,easy to get a remap on it to give you big smiles ,also MPG is excellent .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Corsa

Trim : who knows

Engine : not yet decided

Year : 2005

Thanks for the replies so far. how can I tell if its a 150hp version, is this the one with the oil filler cap on the top right, rather than bottom left? Are the engine codes different and will they be visible on the engine or elsewhere on the car anywhere? I am ok with the hatchback, the bootspace looks very good to be honest anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C estate+hatchback

Trim : Enjoy/OPC line

Engine : Z20NET

Year : 06&08

I think you're right regarding the filler caps, the 150hp engine code is Z19DTH and the 120hp probably Z19DT, don't know if the 120hp always use the M32 5-speed gearbox or if the F40 6-speed were used too. I'm sure you'll get better answers (don't know much about CDTi's) soon.

What I do know since i own both the estate and hatchback is that the legroom in the back seat is much smaller in the hatchback, if that's important you should look for an estate. The boot space in the hatchback is quite good but of course much better in the estate.

As others have said a Vectra (or Signum) 1.9 CDTi 150bhp with the F40 gearbox should be your best choice.

8. Likes v6nce liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : SRi

Engine : 1.9 CDTI

Year : 07

Default Best one to buy......

For my money it's got to be the Vectra Sri 150 XP2 6 speed
    Looks sharp ride is firm but comfortable handling is good engine is amazing and the gearbox is the only one to have.
    Look out for swirl flap problems!
    Knocking at the back and broken front springs are common but not overly expensive repairs if you spot them use them to haggle If you get one make sure your secondary bonnet catch works and isn't sized up. It wouldn't be the first Vectra bonnet to fold up over the windscreen at speed. All for the sake of a regular squirt of oil.

Thread Information