0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra c

Trim : sport

Engine : 1.9dth

Year : 2006

Default Clutch replacemant

Hi guys,

My timing belt have been broken😌, I've got another engine but I've too changed my clutch from the one to the another engine. Need i special tools for it and how does the special tools work? It's a z19dth with a f40 gearbox.

Thanks a lot

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

if you aren't replacing the timing belt on the replacement engine (and that is very stupid not too) than no it's normal tools most socket sets that have more than 50 parts in them have all the sizes you'll need but you'll also want some ring spanners, in particular the size 9 and 8 mm the flat ones not the ones that have that 85 degree angle to them...

and for the timing-belt you'll want to get a timing-belt locking-kit so you can't mess it up.

PS i would actually remove the gearbox of the old engine after it has been hoisted out... than put it onto the replacement engine... than after all that replace the timing-belt, timingbelt tensioner, all rollers, the waterpump. than as soon as that is done replace the aux belt and it's tensioner for good measures... fresh filters and fluids and you'll have a nice running engine... but with it being a cdti, i would take off the intake and clean it out (egr makes the lot very filthy) and i would seriously consider an intake flap delete before putting it all back in the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The broken engine I've already out of the car. I'm asking about the clutch I'm Dutch so i don't now how you call it exactly but i want to now what tool i need for the clutch replacement. It's a clutch that adjust by himself en when you remove it you need tools.

And the rest, flaps are out of the old engine so i take my own manifold and the "new" engine becomes new fluid and filters. And a new timing belt. I've all the tools for time timing belt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Clutch isn't self adjusting... the slave cylinder is...
    Only need to replace it if that is leaking... the flywheel on your car is a DMF... you might want to check the state of it... if it seems fine than just put it on the new engine..

A clutch alignment tool is overrated.. I've got a piece of wood to get it in the centre, but most of the times I just push in the big socket extender from my socket set and wiggle it about.. it is enough to centre the clutch...

If you find that it isn't in the centre... turn the engine over 720 degrees on the crankshaft pulleys nut (clockwise) and try to put the gearbox back on it should slip straight in.

Ps I'm also Dutch... but as English is the main forum language I won't be using Dutch on here, I live in the UK though.
    Last edited by northpole; 30th June 2020 at 11:59.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've got an old spline from an old gearbox to line it out and that's works fine for me. They told me it's self adjusting��*♂️ we will see��

6. Likes northpole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well let me clarify.... the pressure plate is self adjusting not the clutch it needs no tools as it only mounts into one position, so there is no extra work there other than putting it on in the right place ( the mounting holes will only line up in one way) ... the slave-cylinder is self adjusting as it has the bearing built in, the DMF is already centred by default and will need no adjusting ( it only fits on in one position only, you'll notice it soon enough)... the clutch plate will need to be put in between the dmf and the pressure plate... this needs to be centred with a clutch alignment tool ( an old spline from a matching pattern gearbox will do or any other thing that fits into and through the hole on the clutch) is there any other thing needed? no, other than bleeding the slave cylinder once you have the lot back in the car ...

so i don't know what they are on about other than trying to get you to pay more, or they don't want to take on the job or telling you stuff to put you off from DIY and let them do it?
    don't know why they actually pointed it out it is standard every car that has a manual gearbox that is made after the 70-ties has a self-adjusting pressure plate. it is how it is designed to lengthen the live of the friction material aka the clutch.

Now you are going to use the same clutch right? in that case you do not need to mess with the pressure plate.. and if you are going to replace the clutch... well most clutch kits come with a new self adjusting pressure plate.. i suggest you use it.

because i think this is what they are on about...
    https://www.google.com/search?q=self...c1fAPmMCGqAg29
    and honestly I wouldn't reset it as i know when i buy a new clutch kit it comes with a fresh replacement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've mounted a lot of gearboxes and clutches but never a self adjusting one. They told me that by the Opel and i can borrow there tools for free and it goes also with the workshoppres they told me����*♂️. But when i put it to the another engine it's not necessary?

Thank you for the answer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Not if you do not put on a fresh clutch plate... it self adjusts to compensate the ware on the clutch...

But again if you buy a new clutch kit you will get a new pressure plate... yes a self adjusting one... (like most manufacturers make these days) and it is already set on the lowest setting since the new clutch plate is at it's thickest.

Again: it only needs to be adjusted if you actually replace the old clutch plate and re-use the old pressure plate... is it clear now?

Thread Information