Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C With some questionable mods

Trim : Exclusiv

Engine : 1.9 CDTI 120PS

Year : 2006

Default Cheap eBay stereo?

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong place. (new here and new to forums)

I've bought a cheap vectra for a daily. has the cd70 navi in, which I suspect is not the original stereo. Well nothing works apart from cd's as theres no radio signal.

I also learnt you can't fit a usb port (or aux without lots of fiddling about) so i want to get a cheap radio in which i can use usb to listen to music.

My question is has anyone fitted the cheap and cheerful £30-£40 double din stereos? Also I need to know which wire harnesses to get, I want it to work with the steering controls if possible. and I'm guessing the fakra Ariel as well.

Again, sorry if this is in the wrong place, or this has already been discussed. (I could not find it anywhere)

Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

I think you might find that no-one here has used one of those units, a mate of mine got one tried it in his golf mk4 and chucked it away since it kept overheating... thus turning itself off... he got it of Aliexpress but once it when it was working it was working well, but... no steeringwheel controls on his car, nor did he go the extra mile to put in the GPS antenna... the unit didn'thave dab and just like you he only wanted to listen to his music on a usb-key... he didn't care for the handsfree or bt streaming option nor did he ever use the mp5 player to watch a video... ps he paid under 25 pounds for it.. if you want a multimedia device you'll find the pumkin range might be a better option...they make vauxhall specific units.. so you'll have to look through their offerings... and even those aren't cheap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.2 Direct

Year : 2005

I was thinking about a lot of options and as I Am not affraid to fiddle with the car, I still chose other option.

Anything replacing OEM Entertaiment system is either no steering wheel compatibile or some chinese android sytems that remove the screen and all the info carwise.

So I opted out for dreded FM Transmitter.

I know its not regarded as good thing but I after few crap ones I found one that has decent features, its fairly well made and works supprisingly well.

there is basicaly no interference on modern transmitters. You just have to find best frequency between car radio and transmitter.

The one I have has a lot of options others don't random play for example. You can even choose random queue between different sources, it even has an equaliser.

It has SD card, USB and bluetooth and all of them work very good. I keep wife's music on the Micro USB stick and mine on SD card, switching between them when wife prefferes Sammy Fox to Slayer.

You can also use it mobile calls.
    The only time it has had interference was when I was at hospital on the parking and I guess there was a strong FM HAM working Emergencies.

Quality of music is good and you can still use wheel controls for volume as you would do with car radio.
    You still need to use transmitter for audio control.

Mine has a flexible stem an it turns around to whatever position you like.

You can plug it to the cigarette lighter but I have purchased a lighter socket, led wires from rear cigarette lighter under the plasticks (which are easy to remove) and installed it in the those useles cupholders.

Pictures Here:
    IMG_20200603_122013.jpgIMG_20200603_122035.jpgIMG_20200603_122044.jpg

Here is 2 minute video I just uploaded to Youtube if you like to here quality (obviously it is what mobile phone recorded) and some basic functionality like, skipping on random, changing source, muting) I Believe Youtube still processing it so quality of sound and picture will improve later:

https://youtu.be/-7-XxAIlmiQ

Link to Transmitter:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-T...1184621&sr=8-1
    Last edited by Baja; 3rd June 2020 at 13:04.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

yeah I would just take a punt on something like this if i was to chance the radio in my car now... yes it is a cheap chinese clone but it has, dvd, satnav, mp, handsfree, BT, BT streaming audio, mirror link, DAB+, sd card, usb and steeringwheel controls, plus OBD2 stays active and from what i read it doesn't interfere with the on-board screen as the wiring just taps into the oem plug... well DAB+, TV and WIFI will need some extra bits to be bought but for the price it ain't half bad and it actually ships from a UK based warehouse so the price is all you pay... that is if you are in the mainland of the UK..

actually don't go for the first link no EU warehouse this one is a bit more expensive same options and runs andriod 10 instead of WinCe as the first unit (the WinCe units are know to be problematic by the way)
    Last edited by northpole; 3rd June 2020 at 13:56.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.2 Direct

Year : 2005

Yeah those ar ok. Had one in E39 but functionality depends on car model. In Vectra/Signum you going to lose all controls on centre console and be left with some but not all controls on steering wheel

If thats ok, those arent that bad.

The one I had on BMW removed some onboard computer controls which was a pain.
    Oh and they are definitelly not cheap. 150-300£

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for your help guys. I got impatient and bought the cheap Chinese radio, i'll have to see how it goes, I mean its worth the shot haha. The FM transmitter may have to be an option if this radio is a dud. And the android radios are quite expensive but do alot more than the chinese ones, but i suppose you get what you pay for.

Looked into buying one o them connects2 iso cables that can link your steering wheel controls to your aftermarket radio. I'll keep you's updated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

UPDATE:
    Radio arrived today. spent a good while trying to wire it in, only to realised that you have to wire it into a ignition live, so tested it through the 12v socket.

The cheap radio switch on and worked, checked FM and Bluetooth which worked fine. but the downside was the background interference noise that you could not get rid of and the sound quality from the cheap chinese amp was horrendous!

to conclude; you get what you pay for, it works, but no where near as good as if you spent £200-£300 on a radio
    I dont think i'll be installing it to my vectra.
    my **** radio.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Astra Twin Top

Engine : 1.9cdti

Year : 07

going back to your cd70 .Have you taken it out to check the connects ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
    going back to your cd70 .Have you taken it out to check the connects ?
    Yes, turns out the previous owner didnt plug the aerial connector in properly. just need to buy a gps antenna cable for it to be fully working.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Astra Twin Top

Engine : 1.9cdti

Year : 07

You can get a fakra one of the internet ,the best place to locate it is under the central speaker on the dashboard .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information