2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : GTS

Engine : 1.8

Year : 2004

I resolved mine, but without a resolution, kinda.

The spare key works perfectly each and every time. However when I go back to my "everyday" key I get the padlock symbol two or three out of every five starts. The only cause for the key not to be recognised is the transponder in the fob and i know its the fob because the spare key works perfectly each and every time in the last 4 weeks of driving so not the CIM.

My solution, without getting to someone with the proper gear to reprogram the fob, is to use the spare key as my main key and carry the "everyday" key in my pocket because the unlock button on the spare has one of the rubber tits broken off so won't unlock the car but the other buttons work fine. I was going to order a new set of buttons, but i'm nervous that if i go messing around with the fob buttons of the spare key and make a balls of it that I'll end up with two broken keys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    I resolved mine, but without a resolution, kinda.

The spare key works perfectly each and every time. However when I go back to my "everyday" key I get the padlock symbol two or three out of every five starts. The only cause for the key not to be recognised is the transponder in the fob and i know its the fob because the spare key works perfectly each and every time in the last 4 weeks of driving so not the CIM.

My solution, without getting to someone with the proper gear to reprogram the fob, is to use the spare key as my main key and carry the "everyday" key in my pocket because the unlock button on the spare has one of the rubber tits broken off so won't unlock the car but the other buttons work fine. I was going to order a new set of buttons, but i'm nervous that if i go messing around with the fob buttons of the spare key and make a balls of it that I'll end up with two broken keys.
    Well, congrats anyways

I thought your spare key would only unlock the car and release the boot but not start the car.

Will advise the Signum owner to check his key fobs and probably get new one if need be. But do you have to program the new fob for it to work? Meaning getting codes and all that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

Quote Originally Posted by Inas View Post
    Well, congrats anyways

I thought your spare key would only unlock the car and release the boot but not start the car.

Will advise the Signum owner to check his key fobs and probably get new one if need be. But do you have to program the new fob for it to work? Meaning getting codes and all that?
    get a mobile car key guy down and let him make you a new spare key and daily key, goes for the both of you... my neighbour had the same problem with his astra, i told him to get a new key as the immo couldn't read the pill any more.... the guy managed to clone the pill to a new key than made another spare key ( both flip keys by the way) and charged him less than 80 pounds, this was all done in under 20 minutes by the way and he provided the new flip keys also.. if you ask me that is a good price, and both keys worked immediately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by northpole View Post
    get a mobile car key guy down and let him make you a new spare key and daily key, goes for the both of you... my neighbour had the same problem with his astra, i told him to get a new key as the immo couldn't read the pill any more.... the guy managed to clone the pill to a new key than made another spare key ( both flip keys by the way) and charged him less than 80 pounds, this was all done in under 20 minutes by the way and he provided the new flip keys also.. if you ask me that is a good price, and both keys worked immediately.
    Okay, thank you. Will pass the message across.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Inas View Post
    No. The spare key locks, opens the boot and works in the doors and starts the car, it just won't open the car/locks. I initially did not use the spare key as the lock button is broken (again only the rubber piece so an easy enough fix) but with the continued issues with the everyday key i have started using it now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

get a mobile car key guy down and let him make you a new spare key and daily key, goes for the both of you...
    Not sure how common or easy it is to find someone like that in the UK but in Ireland its not so easy. Actually its damn near impossible.

Between guys that tell you they can then when you arrive say "oh, if i'd have known it was X, sorry" to guys with the gear but don't supply the keys, internals, etc. which means buying from the dealerships and that is the biggest expense my options are limited.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elegance

Engine : 1.9 CDTI (120)

Year : 2006

Not sure how common or easy it is to find someone like that in the UK but in Ireland its not so easy. Actually its damn near impossible.

Between guys that tell you they can then when you arrive say "oh, if i'd have known it was X, sorry" to guys with the gear but don't supply the keys, internals, etc. which means buying from the dealerships and that is the biggest expense my options are limited.
    Maybe do what I did.

Opened a trade account with a supplier that sold blanks etc as well as having the ability to cut blades. Cost me £55 and I programmed it myself.

I used my work email and told them I was the handyman which wasn't strictly true.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

@Castiel If you think your soldering skills are bad just ask one of those pc and mobile phone repair shops to solder the button on... they do that stuff on a daily basis... will cost you max a tenner for their time and you bothering them... but that means you'll have at least 1 good working key no need to walk around with 2...

9. Likes Castiel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Not sure how common or easy it is to find someone like that in the UK but in Ireland its not so easy.Actually its damn near impossible.

Between guys that tell you they can then when you arrive say "oh, if i'd have known it was X, sorry" to guys with the gear but
    Then imagine what it's like here in Nigeria

Can't count the number of times people laugh at me for buying an Opel whenever I run into trouble. Reason being you rarely see them on the road as people prefer the Japanese cars here. It's really a struggle getting Opel/Vauxhall parts here.

11. Likes northpole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

@Castiel If you think your soldering skills are bad ...........
    There is no thinking about it.
    just ask one of those pc and mobile phone repair shops to solder the button on... they do that stuff on a daily basis... will cost you max a tenner for their time and you bothering them... but that means you'll have at least 1 good working key no need to walk around with 2...
    Good thinking batman, i'll order the buttons and do just that. Cheers.

13. Likes northpole liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information