Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

Quote Originally Posted by CLUB04 View Post
    The SRI bumpers for V6's have cut outs for brake ducts but they are between the outer slots of the fog light grilles and quite hard to spot if you don't know to look. Same on Signum or Vectra. Was something I learned last year.
    Made a similar idea in my passenger side one last year to put a duct in to try and cool the oil in my chocolate box
    Would be interested in trying to get a part number for the wheel liners with the cut outs for the ducts. Have found some ducts on fleabay, but cannot find a part number for the wheel liners

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk
    The liners come up in the VXR/OPC side afaik, i wonder why other 2.8's have the ducts then as they are only fitted with the 314 brakes. Like i said ive seen them on a police bumper but the one in the picture isn't a Signum bumper as they all have the slatted top grille and chrome rings around the fogs. I wonder if someone has fitted a police bumper? But to change the liners for the correct ones is quote anal lol. Unless this used to be a police or MOD vehicle?
    Remember the Signum fog surround is or was a common mod if you had a SRi bumper to make them look better, the Signum grille's are very similar to the XP2 kit.

Be interesting to see where this car has been in years past.
    Vectra VXR estate 2007 Sapphire Black
    Teapot Tuned 255/300
    Eibachs B8's, fully loaded factory options

Tech2 & MDI diagnostics + SPS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 2.8 elite auto estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.8t 230bhp

Year : 2006

Mileage : 148000

deleted - not worth it
    Last edited by stripey; 22nd May 2020 at 20:02.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Design

Engine : Z28NET

Year : 2007

Mileage : 110000

Quote Originally Posted by Dog_Book View Post
    The liners come up in the VXR/OPC side afaik, i wonder why other 2.8's have the ducts then as they are only fitted with the 314 brakes. Like i said ive seen them on a police bumper but the one in the picture isn't a Signum bumper as they all have the slatted top grille and chrome rings around the fogs. I wonder if someone has fitted a police bumper? But to change the liners for the correct ones is quote anal lol. Unless this used to be a police or MOD vehicle?
    Remember the Signum fog surround is or was a common mod if you had a SRi bumper to make them look better, the Signum grille's are very similar to the XP2 kit.

I have brake ducts.
    2007 Signum Design 2.8T
    Teapot TUNED, Powerfold mirrors, Eibachs & Bilstein B4s, Roof rails

2006 Signum Design 2.8T with IDS+

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ta, I'll check in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by CLUB04 View Post
    If you get a close up of the fog light and grill with good light on ut, you'll see little slots cut to let air vent in
    Actually found an SRI bumper for sale that came complete with the ducts from a V6, will see if I can find it again and put a picture up

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Was registered to vauxhall fleet management March o6, I bought it jan07 via motorpoint

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sorry northpole,
    With hindsight ( and now realising my profile wasn't complete) I get the response.

I'm not trying to pick a fight - I appreciate the help from all on here.

Quote Originally Posted by northpole View Post
    Well you asked for a reply like that, no info whatsoever so if that ****ed you off , well maybe next time you might want to use your brain... I really don't give a flying **** you got ****ed off or if you had a good day, week, year or decade for that matter.... about your ability to do stuff yourself yes or no isn't relevant either ask stuff a dumb way be prepared to get a rude answer...

And yes jack the ****** car up and put the goddamn brakeduct back where it should be. Don't have the fixing screw? Use a cable tie... buy screw once you got it, put screw on remove cable tie. Sorted...

Cabbage!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

No worries like I said before I couldn't care less about your feelings... but I'll except the apology....

Midlands - Vxr Owning Dick Dog_Book's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I think someone's got it on them
    Teapot Tuned 255/300

Midlands - Vxr Owning Dick Dog_Book's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by watchman View Post
    I have brake ducts.
    I can't see any duct opening in the fog covers you've fitted now, did the ones before have them? The bumper the OP has is definitely a SRi one as we know the Signums had ones like you have on the blue one. This is all quite interesting as it makes the VXR even less exclusive But this is all odd since they are detuned and have the 314 brakes I cant even find a part number for the vented fog covers
    Teapot Tuned 255/300

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI

Engine : 2.2 Direct

Mileage : 84,000

I can't see any duct opening in the fog covers you've fitted now, did the ones before have them? The bumper the OP has is definitely a SRi one as we know the Signums had ones like you have on the blue one. This is all quite interesting as it makes the VXR even less exclusive But this is all odd since they are detuned and have the 314 brakes I cant even find a part number for the vented fog covers
    I can't either an have tried for a while now
    Can't find that bumper I mentioned earlier, which is annoying as it was an SRI bumper but had ducts fitted to the rear with SRI fog light grilles but with the inner parts of the slats 'holed' in a rectangular fashion where the ducts go behind. Having looked at my own bumper (stripped the front of the car two weeks ago ready for some refreshing) there aren't any special 'lugs' to attach the ducting at the bumper end, so I can only assume that they must have a specific part number (attached my makeshift ducting via cable ties to the fog light fittings)
    It is something I have looked into as I constantly cooked the brakes on my old 2.0 DTI as well as my 2.2 Direct.
    Granted they are standard size (milk bottle tops) but there is a definite benefit to any extra air you can get to the wheel wells to aid brake cooling. BMW have been fitting brake ducts to standard models for over 30 years along with VW having large cut outs in the lower front bumper/arch liners on standard Golf's and Passat's for a long time now.
    Mid 90's Polo's had a fin on the caliper and the lower arm to direct air inside to the disc as standard fit on 1.0 models too.
    I made some front tubing into the front outer grilles on my old Saloon and ran them through to the wheel wells (through the arch liners with a hole saw) but they were to small a diameter to make any difference)
    The Vectra V6 facelift, as far as I know, all have ducting, be it SRI bumper or not.
    Admittedly, I could be wrong with all, but all that I have looked at have anyhow

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information