Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : OPEL

Trim : VECTRA C GTS

Engine : Z19DT

Year : 2006

Default Hello from Romania`s...fields this time

Hi, my name is Adrian, I`m also from Romania, city of Braila and I`m glad to be part of this forum.
    I own a Vectra C non facelift from 2006 (many people asks me and myself too, how could it be non facelift in 2006). It is a Vectra C GTS, 1.9 CDTI Z19DT 120HP engine, 6 manual gears. It was bought in leasing from RO in 2006 and I am the 3rd owner of this car since 2019.
    Myself I work as IT network administrator and I do mechanics as hobby in my small yard. For me, no matter how old a car is, it can always be as new if you know how to care about it, which parts to periodically change. And for me a good car is a car which respects its originality. As original from factory it is, as best it is for me, therefore i don`t appreciate too much the visual or tehnical modifications so called "tunnings".
    This Vectra C is my first Vectra and my first...Opel. I`ve used to have mostly BMWs and VAGs but now I own this Opel. And yet I still don`t know exactly what verdict to give to this brand. To understand it, I`ve started to "refresh" my car (it was in good condition in the moment I bought it regarding body-no rust at all, good paint-but no consumables changed more than 1-2 times during its 173k kilometers of its life).
    So, starting to work on it, i already have some pros/cons personal opinions:
    PROS: an american concept (built on Epsilon platform) with so many names according to the places was sold (Chevrolet, Vauxhall, Holden), with so many engines borrowed from other brands, in my case an italian engine, a car made by a german or british factory, this "mongrel" car can offer more than enough for a low cost car. Lot of options, extremely confortable, a very practical car despite its size, huge inside space and extremely fuel saver, again, despite its size. And the 6 gearbox is amazing.
    CONS: rear suspension...my GOD! That designer was he drunk? Drugged? What is the purpose of so many arms and bushings? Also very expensive and hard to replace?
    Then...the clutch with its famous too fast faulty dual-mass flywheel. And the italian 8 valves low torque engine...so lucky it has that 6 gearbox attached, otherwise...no comment
    Overall it is a modest car with ambitions of a midlevel limousine. But for me its ok, I`ve started to invest a lot of money in it as I intend to keep it...and to like it. I`ve stared with the front as per pictures (suspensions, brakes, bushings, arms, timing kit, accesories belt and rollers, then cleaning manifold, EGR, throttle body, sensors, gaskets, oil, filters). After i will continue with the rear suspension and brakes by changing arms, bushings, brake disks, calipers. Finally a good paint for the front/rear bumpers (I hate the black stripe the ex owner applied on them), a set of 4 original Opel 16" rims and new tires. And all these...cause...I like Vectra.
    P.S. all these opinions regards only the model of Vectra C that I own. The petrol engines, the 5 gearboxes or automatic ones are not the subject of the above opinions.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes Dog_Book, CLUB04, bigmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

Welcome! nice car mate love the fact that is seems that everyone from Romania actually put up pictures of their cars in the first post, it's like you guys know exactly we'll be moaning about pictures lol! ps what is that black stripe on the front bumper?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It`s a black s***y sticker applied by the ex owner. It`s the reason I`ll have to repaint the front and rear bumper. But only after I finish the mecanical refresh

5. Likes northpole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Toyota

Trim : Yaris Hybrid

Engine : 1.5 Hybrid

Year : 2021

Mileage : 5525

welcome to the club ,seems like you know your way around a car . Enjoy you stay here .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thank you. Yes, I know, today just finished the "front" part and now my Vectra is "on ground" with front wheels (new 16" AL wheels and tires). Please ask me if you need answers about DIY replacement of timing or V-ribbed. There are few tricks which in the movies on youtube are not shown and you may end by... For example you don`t need to remove the scuttle panel and there is another way to suspend engine before removing the support.
    And now I`ll post a "beware" of which diesel filter to use or NOT to use.
    Again, regarding the 1.9 CDTI, JTD engine 120 HP

Thread Information