User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replacement roof ribbon and lining now rear light wont fit back into roof

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : veccy 150

Trim : sri

Engine : z19dth

Year : 2008

Default Replacement roof ribbon and lining now rear light wont fit back into roof

Have removed this roof lining as no interior lights working due to led blue bulbs in rear light unit fryed the ribbon cable. Local scrappy had xp2 model in with front damage so grabbed few things i wanted including the new roof liner and ribbon loom with rear light unit. all removed from both cars in wind and rain great fun if youre on youre own. fitted new liner and loom all fitted back together as all parts needed to at this moment are working and after last pillar cover fitted realised the rear light had dropped out and now cant get it to stay put in liner. Its as if the light unit has shrank. Any ideas help greatly appreiciated. Anyone had this in pics happen to roof ribbons? Thanks and i know no led in rear interior light.20200116_131413 (Small).jpg20200116_131400 (Small).jpg20200116_131354 (Small).jpg20200116_130601 (Small).jpg20200116_130553 (Small).jpg20200116_130548 (Small).jpg20200116_130522 (Small).jpg20200116_130506 (Small).jpg20200116_130451 (Small).jpg i have facelift 1.9 cdti 150. i have put in an headlight switch with auto setting from an elite i purchased looms and interior from if left on auto it uses sidelights in daytime and when darker it switches on dipped beams. No tech 2 or settings changed and dont have any sensors etc on interior mirror so how does this work headlights? is it same sensors for auto windowwipers? Sorry for long speel on but weve all gotta learn more somehow and this forum has helped me and many i know already cheers.

Midlands - Vxr Owning Dick Dog_Book's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

Ive had LED's in my rear interior lights in both Vectras over time from since i joined the forum with no issues.
    Vectra VXR estate 2007 Sapphire Black
    Teapot Tuned 255/300
    Eibachs B8's, fully loaded factory options

Tech2 & MDI diagnostics + SPS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

dog book my head is floating with all the info ive read on here sure there is a way to use them and certain kinds but ill just use the normal bulbs as im not in the rear anyway. unless you really want to tell me of which ones and how so i dont spend another 2-3 days searching it again i just want crisp bright white? without modifying looms etc ive still to fit rear elec window body looms and the motors etc along with heated seat bodylooms and really putting it off as its bit chilly outside working now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Opel Vectra

Trim : Caravan Elegance II

Engine : Z18XER

Year : 2006

Mileage : 185990

Quote Originally Posted by yamman View Post
    ive still to fit rear elec window body looms and the motors etc
    You got the retro fit kit with instructions from plasma?

Midlands - Vxr Owning Dick Dog_Book's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

dog book my head is floating with all the info ive read on here sure there is a way to use them and certain kinds but ill just use the normal bulbs as im not in the rear anyway. unless you really want to tell me of which ones and how so i dont spend another 2-3 days searching it again i just want crisp bright white? without modifying looms etc ive still to fit rear elec window body looms and the motors etc along with heated seat bodylooms and really putting it off as its bit chilly outside working now.
    There might be others who have noted how they did in their diary's as well as me https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showt...R-estate/page4
    Vectra VXR estate 2007 Sapphire Black
    Teapot Tuned 255/300
    Eibachs B8's, fully loaded factory options

Tech2 & MDI diagnostics + SPS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Nielsj no I ended up with full donor body loom but had to depin each wire etc hoping it was all right when I fit it. May end up passing this depicted loom to my brother in law after requesting one from plasma again as I understand his are pretty much plug n play with detailed instructions?
    Dog book thanks will have look as soon as finish here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Nielsj no I ended up with full donor body loom but had to depin each wire etc hoping it was all right when I fit it. May end up passing this depicted loom to my brother in law after requesting one from plasma again as I understand his are pretty much plug n play with detailed instructions?
    Dog book thanks will have look as soon as finish here.
    Oh yes, I remember now. Back from Holland early? I also got a full body loom from eBay, but I'm still not sure which pins to move over to my existing loom. Apparently pin positions are not the same across various spec models, so it's not easy to source a diagram.
    If we could just get the instructions from plasma, we might be able to use the loom we already got. Plasma or some of all the people who already bought the loom, should be able to provide the loom with relative ease. Also, I can't believe nobody scrapped a car fitted with the kit yet. Maybe people love them too much when they finally have rear leccy windows

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi yes came back as job wasn't worth it so now got many mods to finish. Would love for that help from plasma as I'm not 100% sure I've got it right. I depicted the loom for heated seats and rear electric windows as 1 lot and have made use of the remaining loom to add interior handle lights and want to fit the lights in bottom of doors white not red already fitted but not wired in. We will get there eventually.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

have made use of the remaining loom to add interior handle lights and want to fit the lights in bottom of doors white not red already fitted but not wired in.
    Something like this? I've considered them as poodle lights, but I'm not sure if I should connect them to roof loom, or where to control them from.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i have fitted those leds from the link i used larger led than others on here i mainly followed woodys progress doing his in the past in oem colours. i like the way mine turned out just a few problems as i want them to come on with any door opened when no headlights on but only light up with drivers door opened at moment but on all time the headlights are on ie at night. rears are in the leather door cards but am waiting to fit them after elec windows in rear so no holes need cutting for the winder handles used in rear at minute. i really need a switched earth point on each door but thats not worrying me yet. i used the same plugs on rear of leds in door cards for easy removal in future as woody describes plasma recomended. 20200112_164308 (Small).jpg20200112_164243 (Small).jpg20200112_164234 (Small).jpg20200112_164212 (Small).jpg20200112_164146 (Small).jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information