Thread: what was your worst car

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default what was your worst car

in my opinion, the worst car i have ever owned was a mazda 6. talk about being made on the cheep, the dash always creaked and rateld, only bits could be bought from dealer(expensive).
    when i got it it had warped discs, very bad vibration when breaking, so went to dealer to get them chainged, they said nothing wrong with them, they told me thats how they are, not being convinced i bought some and chainged them, cost me nearly £300 to get some new ones on. and surprise discs were f***ed, and pads aswell.
    handling was bad aswell, talk about ship on the ocean, and you could only get new standerd shocks from dealer, no one makes any decent ones.
    the only thing i can say is dont buy a mazda 6, you may regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Fiat uno 60s

What a load of **** my mate had a fiat panda 750cc and would constantly beat me in acceleration!

It rusted like nothing else! had 2 clutches and 1 gear box in 1 year!

Had a fuel economy meter which either idled at green or even with the lightest touch of throttle would go Max red ????

The clock never kept good time. grrrr!!!! etc etc.

have to say my fav car (rose tinted specs) was inheriting my Dads C reg Cavalier Estate 1.6 LS it had 170,000 miles on the clock when i got it, it had the original clutch and gear box, the only major replaced part was the camshaft. I had it for another 13,000 miles going from Reading to Manchester
    then one sad day on my way back to uni (after starting to use 1 litre of oil for every 100miles) I looked in my rear view mirror and couldnt see anything because of the smoke.. . so she had to go to the great vauxhall dealer in the sky sad day (loved the motorway that car and you could get a washingmachine and a tumble drier in the back at the same time!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ford cortina 1.3

no wait, allegro 1.5 van den plas

no no, it was the cortina, at least the allegro would start!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I bought an old mini about 20 years ago. Filled it up on the way home only to find all the petrol on my drive when I parked at home. Then found the petrol tank had a split half way up! Took it back and dumped it at the house I got it from and cancelled the cheque!!

Or was it the Mark 1 capri I had. On the 5th day I washed the air filter in petrol and when it back fired it all caught fire..............

Or was it my Marina..............

Never mind I love my 3.2 Siggy now!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Citreon Saxo VTR

Cheap and tacky interior, steering too light and a gutless engine. Pain in the bum central locking system, seats did not hold you in the twisties and a lousy stereo.

Would not buy a Citreon ever again as I think they are cheap and tacky unlike my quality 2.2 SRI.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

'94 Rover 820 Fastback. Gorgeous to drive, like sitting in your favourite armchair, electric everything, freeeeeezing cold air con. Just so incredibly ureliable.

First, the engine went pop. Put a new one in at £2500. Then, the gearbox went. £1500. A month later, the steering rack broke. £1000. Next, the air bag went off when a bumble bee nose dived into the front end.....£750.
    Finally, after one months trouble free motoring, I hit a pebble on the M3 near Southampton and the front suspension collapsed. Got quoted £2000 to repair it from the Rover dealer. Insurance decided it was a write off and gave me £300 for it, without the option to buy it back

Needless to say, I changed insurers and purchased my forever reliable Vectra B 2.2 CDX. Great car and I miss it, but I much prefer my '04 SRI

-----D_O_N_T.......E_V_E_R.....B_U_Y.....A.....R_O_V_E_ R-----

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Vectrafan View Post
    Next, the air bag went off when a bumble bee nose dived into the front end.....£750.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Lada Riva 1200 - always being laughed at was the worst bit but, it was very reliable.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

That would probably be my 'F' reg Peugot 405 1.6 estate. It was a company car, so I had no choice.
    It was noisy, uncomfortable and unreliable, and had a comedy engine oil filler (which got used a lot, as it drunk oil) that enabled you to break the starter motor cables when you topped the oil up.
    I came to it after driving Cavaliers for years, and the Cavs really showed it up. I was regularly driving over 300 miles a day in that job, and I never got home without a backache and a headache.

Pile of Poo.

Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Fiat Uno on an 'A' reg.

New recon engine fitted but still broke down regular.The brakes had no servo assist so stopping was fun.

Cut out one day on way home from B@Q and had to catch a taxi home.When i got back to it a couple of hours later it started first time.It turned out to be the fuel pump that when it got warm(after 2-3 miles) it ceased to work and wouldn't start again until it cooled down.

I traded it in at a dealers that was 4 miles from my home.It was summer so i had to have the blower on full heat to stop the fuel pump from cutting out.I just made it before it cut out at the dealers gates.Got into my new car as if nothing was up and then drove as fast as i could to get away.

Bag of sh*t.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information