Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : VXR

Engine : 2.8i V6 Turbo Z28NET

Year : 2007

Mileage : 42200

Default The New Toy

Morning all,

After just shy of 13 years with the more than reliable SRi, an offer came up that I simply could not refuse.

I've attached a few shots of this stunning VXR that I bought on Sunday (24th) and my God, what an engine!!

Immaculate bodywork (minus 2 stone chips on bonnet), full Vauxhall service history, low mileage and very clean & tidy interior. She has been well looked after and it's time now for me to have some fun Only snag is the CDC40 Opera roof aerial seal/gasket has perished & split in 2. I've rang my local Vauxhall and they no longer stock these aerials so for now I'm guna have to chuck some sealant under the base to stem the leakage until I can source a new gasket or entire aerial...

I was in the process of transforming my SRi into a VXR rep and I'm happy to know that the buyer, a guy I know well at work, will be continuing with the VXR upgrade...

Couple of quick queries I hope someone can answer, I've been trying to find out if the VXR has a Cam Belt or Chain? Internet search engines comes up with both (not helpful!), this beast has the 2.8i V6 Turbo Z28NET engine and also, should that header tank be black so unable to see coolant level?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Casper85; 29th November 2019 at 05:46.

2. Thanks mythnmagic thanked for this post
    Likes Vwdub2000, JOHNBOY, RBH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Astra Sports Tourer

Trim : active

Engine : 1.7cdti

Year : 2013

The engine is chain driven which are prone to stretching (not dependant on mileage or year a search on 2.8 chain stretch on google will reveal more) and i think you have the black exp tank as it looks like its been replaced as they can develop a crack at the back. Nice car BTW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : SRI

Engine : 2.2 Direct

Year : 2006

Mileage : 84,000

Very tidy looking!
    Best colour in my opinion too, well done

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

5. Thanks Casper85 thanked for this post
    Midlands - Head case Organiser Dog_Book's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

Quote Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post
    The engine is chain driven which are prone to stretching (not dependant on mileage or year a search on 2.8 chain stretch on google will reveal more) and i think you have the black exp tank as it looks like its been replaced as they can develop a crack at the back. Nice car BTW.
    I thought no one was allowed to advise anyone to search themselves?

See recent post on someone leaving the forum for info
    Vectra VXR estate 2007 Sapphire Black
    Teapot Tuned 255/300
    Eibachs B8's, fully loaded factory options

Tech2 & MDI diagnostics

7. Likes CLUB04, RBH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Astra Sports Tourer

Trim : active

Engine : 1.7cdti

Year : 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Dog_Book View Post

I saw that but they had a bee in their bonnet on not getting a reply straight away (some people forget others are working) and also he had an old engine 2,2DTi so the members that had that engine (me included) have either left or have moved on to different engines and half the time people are asking about things that have already been answered just need to search more instead of cant be arsed and look for it themselves. Rant over lol

9. Likes soulman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : SRI XP1

Engine : 1.9 CDTI 150

I don’t recall anyone suggesting that ? I recall that some have received sarcastic replies with regards to not using the search facility HMMMMM i wonder who they could be on about ?? Lol

11. Likes RBH liked this post
    Midlands - Head case Organiser Dog_Book's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
    I donít recall anyone suggesting that ? I recall that some have received sarcastic replies with regards to not using the search facility HMMMMM i wonder who they could be on about ?? Lol
    Dunno, whoís that then? Iíve seen a lot of people saying to use the search over many years and also if itís me when would this have been 2015 or sooner? The OP in that thread certainly wasnít complaining about that so not sure how itís deviated.
    Or is it a bad idea to search and find things out yourself rather than have to wait a long time for someone to answer incorrectly?
    I know your a clever guy, would you go into a library and ask them to give you the answer to a question? No, they would direct you to the area of the library with the relevant information you want and you would then search. Why do you search? Because someone would have already wrote a book with the information in it maybe with detailed information and pictures to help anyone else.
    With that in mind you wouldnít go out complaining you werenít given the answer would you? So searching doesnít have to be sarcastic it might be a way of actually helping others get the info they need rather than wait for someone to repeat themselves for the 45th time if you get me?

Many years ago I realised the forum search wasnít actually that hot, for ages it seems now I give any search advice to use google and vectra c ****** as it comes up with more info. This is how I learnt about things rather than just ask as I assumed it would be detailed somewhere already which mostly it has been which is why Iíve always said itís a good forum as it holds a lot of information. Iíve given up a few times one was after about 4 hours of searching even though I knew I had read it a long time ago was about memory mirrors and Woody ended up replying. But yeah I try and educate myself by reading all the new posts I can. Eh boi!
    Vectra VXR estate 2007 Sapphire Black
    Teapot Tuned 255/300
    Eibachs B8's, fully loaded factory options

Tech2 & MDI diagnostics

13. Likes CLUB04, JOHNBOY, RBH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Engine : 2.8t 255

Year : 2006

@Casper85
    These are chain's for the timing. they can stretch but not everyones does. somes lucky, somes not. mines is now on 123,000 miles. there has been some gone at 50,000 miles and there is one on original chains at 210,000 miles.

The header tank is black due to the heat. the Turbo dumps super heated water straight into it and its meant to be more resistant than clear ones.
    There is a level sensor that will light up on the dash if its low.

Tip is to use a mcdonalds paper straw to check the level.

15. Likes Casper85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

Mighty fine looking vxr congrats..

Chain advise is about right.. they either stretch or don't.. and I think it is more related to the car being serviced in time rather than bad quality of the chains.

17. Likes Casper85 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : SRI XP1

Engine : 1.9 CDTI 150

Dunno, whoís that then? Iíve seen a lot of people saying to use the search over many years and also if itís me when would this have been 2015 or sooner? The OP in that thread certainly wasnít complaining about that so not sure how itís deviated.
    Or is it a bad idea to search and find things out yourself rather than have to wait a long time for someone to answer incorrectly?
    I know your a clever guy, would you go into a library and ask them to give you the answer to a question? No, they would direct you to the area of the library with the relevant information you want and you would then search. Why do you search? Because someone would have already wrote a book with the information in it maybe with detailed information and pictures to help anyone else.
    With that in mind you wouldnít go out complaining you werenít given the answer would you? So searching doesnít have to be sarcastic it might be a way of actually helping others get the info they need rather than wait for someone to repeat themselves for the 45th time if you get me?

Many years ago I realised the forum search wasnít actually that hot, for ages it seems now I give any search advice to use google and vectra c ****** as it comes up with more info. This is how I learnt about things rather than just ask as I assumed it would be detailed somewhere already which mostly it has been which is why Iíve always said itís a good forum as it holds a lot of information. Iíve given up a few times one was after about 4 hours of searching even though I knew I had read it a long time ago was about memory mirrors and Woody ended up replying. But yeah I try and educate myself by reading all the new posts I can. Eh boi!
    Blimey your passionate lmao .... how did it deviate? A fellow county man of yours mentioned your name so thatís how lol but even before he did when it comes to that subject you are defo (in my opinion) a big advocate of it and thereís no harm in it as Iíve said it doesn't bother either way , I always search things but there are times where you canít find a definitive answer so then Iíll ask on here ..... that all said there is the odd occasion where I donít have the time to go through numerous threads looking for an answer so I will just post ... lazy yes ... bothered NOPE lol .... you carry on as I find it entertaining at times .

19. Likes RBH, Dog_Book liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information