Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: fuses

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

or use torque and get the readings from the sensors? but it is safe to say that if you remove the MAF and the car runs better (because it will use pre-set values) there is something wrong with the MAF... if there is no difference than the MAF is fine... the same goes for the O2 sensor, if a disconnection doesn't make a difference than it is working a it should.. that all said, if connected and you can't get a readout of said sensors but from all the others than there is a problem with the wiring... and a multimeter set on continuity should help you pinpoint which one it is... since you've tested both the MAF and the O2 sensor it leaves you to test the looms going to the sensors.

PS you've got a 1.8 and i figured you've made sure the intake, egr and throttle body are clean...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Exclusiv

Engine : 1.8 vvt

Year : 2009

Mileage : 90000

the throttle body is clean as its been replaced. thinking now there was no need to replace it. so when starting the car and it revs on its own 4 times before settling is that it setting too default values. so when i unplug the maf its already using default so it will just run the same? i have unplugged both sensors before and the car ran. today i will unplug 1 sensor and see if it runs ok. i am still of the thinking its a wiring problem. i will also check the fuse. my car is petrol so no egr. i will have a google see if i can find out how to test the plugs for power etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i dont have that available to me. and not sure anyone i know does. opcom or tech 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

so you replaced the throttle body? Some cars need it adapted... maybe yours needs it done, adaption is done through either opcom or tech2...PS the fault readings you still get back do point towards faulty wiring... so i would be using a multimeter to check them for continuity... it's a hateful job because it's a pain to do it... your easiest way of determing it would be having either of the 2 previously named software and their cables to check their values whilst the car is running....

So just maybe it would be wise to invest in the cheaper of the 2 just so you can rule it out, or find a member that is nearby and is seasoned in using either of the 2 software packages to help you out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

the opcom seems a good bet. wish id have looked before i bought the reader i did. i will go check the plugs n fuses and try trace wires back. i will note the readings. ive also got the compression tester kit. may try it. if i were to put my original throttle body back on would it still need adaption. 1 last thing do all three components, ie maf sensor and the 2 02 sensors return to the same point in the engine. the reason being im thinking dodgy wiring is say 1 of the sensors was bad, or faulty would it still throw up the 3 codes. im guessing with the maf sensor if faiulty it will throw up more than one code as the mixture etc be wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I don't know if they are connected in the way you think(all on the same loom) but they all connect to the ECU and ofcourse if one of the O2 sensors is not working right the car might over-or underfuel...

Once you've removed the throttle and restarted it a few times it should auto adapt... tou can take of the battery for half an hour and than bridge the 2 battery clamps with piece of metal this should discharge any voltage left in the car... (note do not mistake this by bridging the battery poles)

Than once you've done it the car should be at default settings and has to re-learn the optimal settings for your engine.. so a restart afterwards should get the car to run fine if the lot is working right.

You can always try that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra VXR x2

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

Mileage : 75,000

Default fuses

Quote Originally Posted by pauluk49 View Post
    the opcom seems a good bet. wish id have looked before i bought the reader i did. i will go check the plugs n fuses and try trace wires back. i will note the readings. ive also got the compression tester kit. may try it. if i were to put my original throttle body back on would it still need adaption. 1 last thing do all three components, ie maf sensor and the 2 02 sensors return to the same point in the engine. the reason being im thinking dodgy wiring is say 1 of the sensors was bad, or faulty would it still throw up the 3 codes. im guessing with the maf sensor if faiulty it will throw up more than one code as the mixture etc be wrong.
    Best thing find an o.c. of ebay and check readings so long as you’ve a laptop to run it on cheep.
    You can also do a live data run with it which will show maf and other readings on one page.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

my hunch was right sort of. fuse 14 10amp in engine box was dead as a dodo. i plugged in another 10a fuse, plugged in the reader before and with engine running. no codes. in the morning i will start the car and see if running the same start up procedure. i havent as yet changed throttle body as no new gasket. i will post again in the morning. thank you all for your help in this

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

my hunch was right sort of. fuse 14 10amp in engine box was dead as a dodo. i plugged in another 10a fuse, plugged in the reader before and with engine running. no codes. in the morning i will start the car and see if running the same start up procedure. i havent as yet changed throttle body as no new gasket. i will post again in the morning. thank you all for your help in this

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

So we all assumed you already sorted out the fuses... why didn't you just check the whole lot, granted it is annoying that the car has 3 different fuse boxes but still it would be the first thing to check and if you don't have the right fuse layout... you just start at the front and work your way to the back and replace any burned/melted/ gone fuses.... It would be the first step you should have done and we all thought you already looked at them all... but we are glad you sorted it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information