Hi,
Looking for some advice regarding a fault with the pre-heat system on my Vectra. It’s the 150bhp version. For some time now I have had the spanner light come on intermittently, more so during engine warm up. The fault code stored was P0380 – Powertrain Glow Plug/Heater Circuit “A”. I have a decent DC clip on amp meter so have been able to check all of the plugs, all of which appeared OK at around 10 amps and 3ohms resistance. Never had an issue starting the car either.

I replaced the glow plugs a few years back after two failed so I would say they are maybe 6 years old.

So for about 2 years I have ignored the issue but now its time to let my Vectra go on to a new home ☹ I really need to fix this. I bought a second hand relay from eBay to try as I thought this was the next logical thing, after testing this the light is now permanently illuminated with the same fault code.

Am I barking up the wrong tree with the relay? Is there another common cause? I’m reluctant to buy a new one to test as that’s around £50 but I cant see many other options at the moment.

Any ideas would be gratefully received!

Oh and if anyone is interested in the car let me know! I’ve owned it 9 years, 3 owners total, 99560 miles, 12 months MOT. It’s a 56reg, 150BHP CDTI Design in Silver. In the time I have had it I have replaced the flywheel, inlet manifold, boost sensor, EGR valve and timing belt/water pump. All the usual stuff. And everything still works (except for this warning light). Hoping to get around £850 for it.