I joined up here few months ago because I was having problems with the Vectra, and everytime I searched this forum came up. So I've hunted through a fair few threads of similar ilk, but going to ask directly about what's going on with my own car.

Had it for year and a bit. After about 5-6 months of having her, we got starting problems. Poor starting, not quite sure if it would start. Then nothing, dead. Got it jumped, took to garage. He saw it was a crap battery, changed it for much better one. Said to give it a go.

It didn't last long until it happened again. So bloke at garage said he would change battery again, and send that one back on faulty. He said it happens, may have been a duff battery.

So that lasted about same time before tell tail signs started up again. And we had to get it jumped again to get it back to the garage.

Tell tale signs were first off the radio would stop working, just not have any power at all. Then it would have a few hiccups when starting. We'd get random warning messages on the dash, like brake light bulb, and washer fluid. Then the start ups would get worse, to the point I didn't know if it would start next time I tried, until it would end up not starting at all.

So last time, only a month ago now, garage bloke kept it in and ran tests etc. They decided it was needing an alternator. So I agreed to go ahead with replacement. It wasn't cheap. He said take it away, test it, see how it goes.

Radio was back on. Starting was good. Car running fine.
Then in the last five days, it's been iffy. Radio stopped working. Washer fluid message has come up. And the last three days has been rough starting. This morning it wouldn't start.

(my forehead imprint on the dash now from head butting it in frustration)

Garage bloke has said bring it in on Monday. So we'll have to get it jumped again to get it over there. And he's going to investigate some more.

So, any clues? Any ideas? Any past experience that would help me with what could be up and what we're looking at next? Please. And thank you.