Thread: Vectra C Elite climate control not working any speed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Vectra C Elite climate control not working any speed

Hi, have read some old feeds on here about heater fans not working and most seem to lead to the 4 speed control and not the climate 7 speed control.
    cannot seem to find a wiring diagram anywhere which shows the 7 speed system
    Any way here goes - fan stopped working in any speed. Small amount of water through pollen filter to fan unit. Removed fan and checked and cleaned and runs perfect from a battery. Variable speed control unit board looked bad with dirty moisture in it and small rust circles on board, so replaced with a new eBay unit.Still not working, fuses OK and relay seems ok and dashboard controller seems to be ok as it switches to all speeds on screen and selects auto, and goes to speed 7 when screen clear selected.
    Any ideas from anyone's experience or anyone got a copy of a drawing for 7 speed system
    Many thanks for any assistance !!!!
    Mawbs....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi, just me again myself - the four pin plug to the variable speed unit connected to the heater motor, I am told has a full voltage cable (red) a ground (brown) a feedback cable and a speed control cable. I put a dc volt meter on the speed control termination, and turned the fan speed control on the dash up and down expecting the voltage to vary up and down. Am I correct that this is the variable to the speed control unit connected to the fan motor !!!
    Mawbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra VXR x2

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

Mileage : 75,000

Have you checked the fan resistor?

https://rover.ebay.co.uk/rover/0/0/9...3D201949833963

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes this is the variable speed unit for the 7 speeds on the fan, this is what I have just renewed from a eBay purchase but still not any fan speed at all.
    Mawbs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra VXR x2

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

Mileage : 75,000

Any fault codes?
    You could try another control panel cheap enough on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi, latest. New heater motor and fan, new speed control unit on motor Housing. Fan will run for a few seconds and then slow and stop as if something is overheating. Tried a second hand control unit on dashboard which still showed as if working as my original did. Have not found a fan relay.
    So to sum up will run for a few seconds when cold each day, and will stop and not start again.
    Mawbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

This is now getting like a best seller! Haven't used the car for over a week and went to it this morning and the passenger side floor has 1/2 inch of water everywhere flooded. Looked at engine water level which is still on level as it heater matrix is ok. Would I get this much water in from a blocked drain at the pollen filter, as I will have to look at this later and try and find this water ingress, now getting a nightmare !!!
    Mawbs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : signum elite vectra sri cdti

Trim : elite sri

Engine : 3.0cdti sri200+astra

Year : 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Mawbs View Post
    This is now getting like a best seller! Haven't used the car for over a week and went to it this morning and the passenger side floor has 1/2 inch of water everywhere flooded. Looked at engine water level which is still on level as it heater matrix is ok. Would I get this much water in from a blocked drain at the pollen filter, as I will have to look at this later and try and find this water ingress, now getting a nightmare !!!
    Mawbs.
    Check your drain hole below pollen filter. Had to clear mine saturday as both friday and Saturday there was a good couple of inches of water in the car. I mush have been lucky though cos my fan never got wet

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

Quote Originally Posted by Mawbs View Post
    Hi, latest. New heater motor and fan, new speed control unit on motor Housing. Fan will run for a few seconds and then slow and stop as if something is overheating. Tried a second hand control unit on dashboard which still showed as if working as my original did. Have not found a fan relay.
    So to sum up will run for a few seconds when cold each day, and will stop and not start again.
    Mawbs
    Yes you will get so much water down there from a blocked drainhole.. do as previously suggested... as for your problem:

i had a re-occuring prolblem with my drivers side headlight and foglight... basically it would burn the foglight and the headlight (because hid) wouldn't turn on unless i pulled the fuse... this fuse passed every single continuity test... until i check it for resistance.. it failed immediately, it was an original one... I even cleaned the UEC 3 times before deciding on just putting a new fuse in... this solved my problem ,both with the headlight and the foglight.... you are now wondering why I told you this... well you might want to replace the fuse that is for the blower, it might be the thing causing the problem. As you replaced everything that could cause it, it might just be that.

just a little note here:
    The fuse works fine, the spades are clean, even the bridged part that should melt is completely intact and straight, it just gives to much resistance...and i found a few fuses acting up like that in my veccy... granted it is old, so it is to be expected to have electrical problems, especially since the previous owner used to smoke in the car, but it is weird... The same fuse actually works in an amplifier without a problem... but i removed it and kept it separate because it is such a weird thing, they either blow/melt or work... but if the system it should protect isn't fussy (like the amplifier) it works just fine...

to sum it up: you might have a dodgy fuse... so just replace it with a new one, it might just be the solution.
    Last edited by northpole; 18th March 2019 at 11:50.

Thread Information