Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Saab 9-3 (Vectra C in disguise)

Trim : Linear Sport

Engine : 1.9 TiD 150

Year : 2005

I found this article really interesting: https://www.1843magazine.com/feature...of-the-calorie - basically calorie counting doesn't work as the science its based on is....junk and ignores the fact that the way we absorb energy from foods isn't the same way as the energy is released when you burn it and the high carb and starch "healthy eating" is quite probably why we're in the midst of a serious obesity epidemic.

I've lost about a stone since xmas, cut out ice cream (which I really like), pepperoni / salami, refined sugar, upped my protein and cut my carbs right back. I have a buddy in the USA whose big on nutrition, she did similar to me and shed 70lbs without upping her exercise I think the "technical" term is "macro-nutrients")
    Basically protein takes a lot longer to absorb the calories from than refined carbs or sugars, so quite often its been passed before your able to absorb the energy from it.

In the past I lost weight by cutting out margarine / butter entirely (still don't use either), went to diet drinks / water and started running (hell at first but I really got into it at one point I was running 7 miles 3 times a week) went from 13+ stones down ~11.5 in about 10 weeks. Sadly I've got issues with my right foot from the running (sports physio told me I have terrible "bio mechanics" basically my feet ain't built for running)

2. Likes RBH liked this post
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

I don't do diets... what i do is i don't eat junk food, i make everything myself(or the wife does) and every now and than I have a junk meal... kept me in the same size for over 10 years same weight and i used to go to the gym everyday, until i had an emergency operation and i got told i can't do anymore heavy weight lifting unless i want to be back in the hospital...

long story short, make your own stuff from fresh produce and you'll notice in the beginning you'll loose weight, than it'll stabilise and that is the weight you should be at.. I weigh about 15 stone and i'm 6 foot 1... i'm just on limit of not being obese if you look at the charts but every doctor and fitness instructor told me the same thing, I'm healthy and if I was to be about 13 stone i would look unhealthy... so i'm maintaining it by not stuffing my face with junk food... it works for me, maybe it'll work for you to...

And with making your own food i mean making stuff from scratch, limit your salt and refined sugar intake and you'll soon notice a difference both in weight, size and you'll find yourself having more energy and stamina. Also try and drink more water, either filtered tap water or bottled water i now drink about 2 litres of water a day... this detoxes your body and also helps you to shed weight. I also have diner earlier than most people I have mine at 15:00 everyday... meaning my body has the time to actually break it all down... And i eat fruits instead of snacks... I also don't drink, unless i go out for a Pi$$-up and that doesn't happen often.

4. Likes RBH liked this post
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Best

Engine : 2.0T

Year : 2008

I've lost 16 lbs in 3 months with just moderate effort and moderation of food intake. Oh, and eating less chocolate.

6. Likes northpole, puppet liked this post
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Honda Civic

Trim : ES with Honda Image and City Packs

Engine : 1.8 iVtec

Year : 2009

Mileage : 74000

2 Simple rules to weight loss, Eat less, Move more. And Carbs are as bad as Saturated Fats when your trying to loose weight, so bin the bread, potato's and pasta. Lost nearly a stone in 4 weeks.

Im back on what I call my Chicken Salad Diet. So basically its chicken chicken chicken(did I mention Chicken) and salad for your lunch or meal outwith your main meal, which I don't change other than dropping the Spuds. For a treat(?) its Snack a jacks, sugar free polo's and and all all the fruit you want to consume. When it comes to a Saturday back shift at work takeaway its a chicken Kebab, so yes you can still do takeaways on a diet. Also drinking around 4lt of water a day increases your metabolism and helps reduce your appetite. Yea its boring as ******y but it works for me. Ive done the whole gym thing when dieting but I find that just increases your hunger and calorie intake imo..

8. Likes northpole liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information