Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Exclusive

Engine : 1.9 cdti Z19DTH

Year : 2007

Mileage : 127K

Reason the flap bar has fallen off is the same for most engines regardless. Its goosed buy a new one of ebay and fit it. Problem solved.

But guys was that so hard to do???? This is what forums are for is it not?? not to bully and bash folk for not looking or posting in the right sections. That's exactly how people don't come back. Also the Reson I left a few other forums in the past full of picks.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.6D

Year : 2018

Mileage : 1 hundred

Quote Originally Posted by Hoody86 View Post
    Reason the flap bar has fallen off is the same for most engines regardless. Its goosed buy a new one of ebay and fit it. Problem solved.

But guys was that so hard to do???? This is what forums are for is it not?? not to bully and bash folk for not looking or posting in the right sections. That's exactly how people don't come back. Also the Reson I left a few other forums in the past full of picks.

Maybe you did but......

Look at it from the other angle, lots of blokes putting masses of great information together over many years, nicely catalogued into logical chunks, easily accessed by using a search tool, many hours spent making this the best place for information for the Vectra C or Signum. Along comes Joe Bloggs who cannot be bothered to do a little reading, thinking that the world offers them an answer because they asked a question.

I'm not saying that this applies in this case but even I class myself as a new comer, after 6+ years. Why shouldn't we be able to say, ' no, we won't answer until you can show that you have at least tried to find the information you require' ?

Rant over but just remember those same people who are not happy you don't use the search button are the same people who welcomed you with open arms when you posted your 'hello I'm new here' post.

3. Thanks Hoody86 thanked for this post
    Likes RBH liked this post
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by fatfred View Post
    Maybe you did but......

Look at it from the other angle, lots of blokes putting masses of great information together over many years, nicely catalogued into logical chunks, easily accessed by using a search tool, many hours spent making this the best place for information for the Vectra C or Signum. Along comes Joe Bloggs who cannot be bothered to do a little reading, thinking that the world offers them an answer because they asked a question.

I'm not saying that this applies in this case but even I class myself as a new comer, after 6+ years. Why shouldn't we be able to say, ' no, we won't answer until you can show that you have at least tried to find the information you require' ?

Rant over but just remember those same people who are not happy you don't use the search button are the same people who welcomed you with open arms when you posted your 'hello I'm new here' post.
    Not a truer word spoken chap but there are also the ones who just like to have a dig. And to be perfectly honest I like this forum and have already found out alot from it but the search function is not the greatest. I found more on google which refer me back to this very forum every time.

5. Likes Dog_Book, fatfred liked this post
    Midlands - Head case Organiser Dog_Book's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

Quote Originally Posted by Hoody86 View Post
    Not a truer word spoken chap but there are also the ones who just like to have a dig. And to be perfectly honest I like this forum and have already found out alot from it but the search function is not the greatest. I found more on google which refer me back to this very forum every time.
    Yup the search function is crap, I’ve told people about threads I know exist then gone to find it and it’s gone. I’ve tried to alter my advice to search under google vectra c ****** as that’s how I find old posts the best.
    I learnt nearly everything I know from this forum and that bred a tuned and amazing cdti and I bought a Vxr needing work because I learnt so much here I knew I could get to the bottom of things easilyish so wasn’t worried at all.

I just don’t understand why people don’t read the forum like I do, I mean when the oil pressure warning light came on I didn’t worry as I had read as much as I could find and knew it would be the oil pressure switch.

Remember the thread about hids a few weeks ago? I had posted some detailed info that took some work to produce and get hold off but I hadn’t realised the person I was replying to was in the wrong section. So when you asked I thought oh easy there’s info in this same section I just posted and you said you couldn’t see it. Confused and annoyed that the useful info i passed on for the help of others wasn’t local. So I had a look at home and found it in the wrong place and posted a pic for you with an arrow. That’s a perfect example of things being posted in the wrong place it causes confusion for those who want to look themselves rather than ask.

Its not about searching so much, if you don’t know how to or understand why not say that? The odd person who does admit makes it easier to help and you understand what’s going on I think then you can post a link. But someone being on a forum many years longer than yourself and don’t even know the common faults or the sticky that’s in troubleshooting about swirl flaps come on.

Only thing i disagree with is the comment yes you can buy a bar and it will fix it, without any detail no one knows. The pivot on a flap might have broken off for all we know and the other engines with flaps might not be fixable but the older engines I know little about but like I said as there’s no detail it creates more questions than answers.
    Vectra VXR estate 2007 Sapphire Black
    Teapot Tuned 245/300
    Eibachs B8's, fully loaded factory options

7. Likes fatfred liked this post
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Dog_Book View Post
    Yup the search function is crap, I’ve told people about threads I know exist then gone to find it and it’s gone. I’ve tried to alter my advice to search under google vectra c ****** as that’s how I find old posts the best.
    I learnt nearly everything I know from this forum and that bred a tuned and amazing cdti and I bought a Vxr needing work because I learnt so much here I knew I could get to the bottom of things easilyish so wasn’t worried at all.

I just don’t understand why people don’t read the forum like I do, I mean when the oil pressure warning light came on I didn’t worry as I had read as much as I could find and knew it would be the oil pressure switch.

Remember the thread about hids a few weeks ago? I had posted some detailed info that took some work to produce and get hold off but I hadn’t realised the person I was replying to was in the wrong section. So when you asked I thought oh easy there’s info in this same section I just posted and you said you couldn’t see it. Confused and annoyed that the useful info i passed on for the help of others wasn’t local. So I had a look at home and found it in the wrong place and posted a pic for you with an arrow. That’s a perfect example of things being posted in the wrong place it causes confusion for those who want to look themselves rather than ask.

Its not about searching so much, if you don’t know how to or understand why not say that? The odd person who does admit makes it easier to help and you understand what’s going on I think then you can post a link. But someone being on a forum many years longer than yourself and don’t even know the common faults or the sticky that’s in troubleshooting about swirl flaps come on.

Only thing i disagree with is the comment yes you can buy a bar and it will fix it, without any detail no one knows. The pivot on a flap might have broken off for all we know and the other engines with flaps might not be fixable but the older engines I know little about but like I said as there’s no detail it creates more questions than answers.
    I just went with he info provided buddy
    1 the post was made ona Vauxhall vectra/signum forum - I assume its a diesel vaxahall.
    2 OP states bar has fell of twice - common issue on Vauxhall diesel engines but still another asumtion I supose.
    3 I Vauxhall diesel had the very same issue and was sorted with the ebay repair item. So yet another assumption hat this would fix the Ops issue.

Just dealing in facts buddy gotta work with what you have and at least Try to help rather than knocking them down a peg from the get go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information