Leaving work yesterday, as I walked to my car I saw this poor fella resting on the ground, he had a piece of metal sticking out of him, and it was obvious that what was inside him was soon going to be spilling out, if you know what I mean. I knew straight away that I had to take decisive action. Determining that he was ok to travel, I headed straight to the nearest treatment centre, being careful not to go so fast as to make him worse.You hear horror stories about having to wait ages before someone says it's your turn to be treated, but thankfully yesterday as soon as I pulled up outside, one of the technicians came up to me and asked what the problem was. Words weren't really necessary to explain, just pointing at the sharp bit of metal sticking out was enough. "We'll do the best we can" he said, taking the poor fella inside.It wasn't that long before he was back, which I wasn't sure was a good sign or a bad one. You know when doctors in TV programmes always approach the family whilst taking off their latex gloves? It was just like that, except this time he was sufficiently slow to remove the gloves that I saw how much of a mess they were in...the treatment obviously wasn't for the squeamish."It's ok" he declared, to my obvious relief, "but it was a close one. If the cut had been 4mm lower, then I wouldn't have been able to apply the patch without overlapping the existing repair patch you've got on the tyre, which isn't allowed by law".

ttre.jpg

Thank God - a Bridgestone tyre's life saved