13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTi

Year : 2013

I'm sure they've mentioned that changing a clutch while the gearbox is out is standard practice for them and false economy not to change it.

Thing is, if you're getting shot of a car, how many people would in reality be conscientious and bother with the added expense of replacing a clutch?

Mind you, if you think WD is getting bad, has anyone watched "Lazy Boys Garage" on DAVE? Bodge it and leg it doesn't even come close. Some bloke called Tim Glover is the mechanic. Never heard of him before. And there's 2 blokes that used to be on 5th Gear (Tom Ford (Wookie) and Jonny Smith), who do some of the sourcing of parts, and buying/selling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Best

Engine : 2.0T

Year : 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I'm sure they've mentioned that changing a clutch while the gearbox is out is standard practice for them and false economy not to change it.
    The thing is they choose to feature the clutch change as one of the jobs to show in the programme. Week after week. When they did the Volvo 850, they changed the timing belt but never showed it or mentioned it, (unless I fell asleep and missed it). The only way we know the belt was done is because the price of the parts was added in at the end. If they think a timing belt change is too repetitive to show so often, why do they think aligning a friction plate makes for great viewing so often?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Mind you, if you think WD is getting bad, has anyone watched "Lazy Boys Garage" on DAVE? Bodge it and leg it doesn't even come close. Some bloke called Tim Glover is the mechanic. Never heard of him before. And there's 2 blokes that used to be on 5th Gear (Tom Ford (Wookie) and Jonny Smith), who do some of the sourcing of parts, and buying/selling.
    Out of the episodes of Lazy Boy Garage that have been shown, I've seen six of them and in none of those have they made any profit. Last night's episode might as well have been called "How to sell a car for one quarter of the money you've sunk into it". To think that Jonny Smith left Fifth Gear to do this crud. Or maybe he was pushed rather than jumped from FG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

1 of my dads neighbours bought the silver Merc slk on the program, the price paid on screen isn’t what’s paid in reality, and in the end he paid £1500 under the program price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes Dog_Book liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : VX -LINE

Engine : 2.0 Diesel

Year : 2018

Drove the white triumph stag they did on WD.... friend was redoing the bodywork and asked if I’d drive it back for him ... lovely sound from the V8 but that’s about it lol.

7. Likes Dog_Book liked this post
    Midlands - Vxr Owning Dick Dog_Book's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

I dont like the new one, seems all to good to be true and fake. The monkey doing the mechanical work cant even hit a ball joint with a lump hammer without sweating and moaning more than me trying to run 10 meters, at least i can hit the crap out of stuff and apply power its like he's not used to doing fitting work. And also he always uses bare hands on really dirty jobs that i know would transfer oil and grease and muck all over the place yet always seems clean.

Wheeler Dealers! Come and ill change a bearing on a Vectra ill show you how its done and thats without ramps and all the kit.
    Vectra VXR estate 2007 Sapphire Black
    Teapot Tuned 255/300
    Eibachs B8's, fully loaded factory options

Tech2 & MDI diagnostics + SPS

9. Likes JOHNBOY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTi

Year : 2013

Quote Originally Posted by LastOne View Post
    Out of the episodes of Lazy Boy Garage that have been shown, I've seen six of them and in none of those have they made any profit. Last night's episode might as well have been called "How to sell a car for one quarter of the money you've sunk into it". To think that Jonny Smith left Fifth Gear to do this crud. Or maybe he was pushed rather than jumped from FG.
    There is mention somewhere they've been trading for 10 years!

I can't stand the voice over girl with the West Country accent either. Even her puns and jokes are crap.

EDIT - the garage itself (RoadHouse Motor Co.) has been around since 2004.

http://www.roadhousemotor.co.uk/about.html
    Last edited by Big Dave; 19th March 2019 at 11:43.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra

Trim : 280 bhp-550Nm

Engine : 19dth Teapot tuned

Mileage : too many

Quote Originally Posted by Dog_Book View Post
    I dont like the new one, seems all to good to be true and fake. The monkey doing the mechanical work cant even hit a ball joint with a lump hammer without sweating and moaning more than me trying to run 10 meters, at least i can hit the crap out of stuff and apply power its like he's not used to doing fitting work. And also he always uses bare hands on really dirty jobs that i know would transfer oil and grease and muck all over the place yet always seems clean.

Wheeler Dealers! Come and ill change a bearing on a Vectra ill show you how its done and thats without ramps and all the kit.
    Ahhh my Hero

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

The person they should've axed from the show actually is Mike Brewer.... they should've kept Ed China... i don't care for the reason why he gets the cars, I'm more intrigued with how the lot is repaired... I used to switch of as soon as Ed was done and the car is being showed polished etc... and with some cars i wouldn't even watch it because... to similar to other cars especially when they did a stag and not long after a that a sunbeam... both 70-ties cars so very similar in fixing... and i do the same with loads of the old eppisodes.. the new one does my head in... it is like watching Gianny Supercar Designer... all he does is run a company that does car wraps... nothing designer about it... everyone can slap a wrap on a car if they would actually take the time to do it.. anyway i'm digressing back on topic i watched 2 episodes and that was it for me... I rather shoot myself in the foot and throw acid in the wound... it'll way be more entertaining.

Bring back Ed China and axe Mike Brewer from the show.... hell i think Ed should start his own show doing cars up without anyone else co-starring.. at the moment i enjoy watching Bernie Fineman's shows way more and the best are with him and Lepu

but that is my opinion.

13. Likes Dog_Book liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Edd was indeed better...but he did have that annoying habit of painting everything orange or yellow whenever he was given free reign.

15. Likes northpole liked this post
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information