User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water in foot well. Not grot trap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI

Engine : 1.8VVT

Year : 57

Default Water in foot well. Not grot trap.

Hi all. We replaced the blower motor on the Mrs Signum for the 3rd time in as many years and the blower is now working fine. However, lots of water is now coming in. The grot trap issue was dealt with 2 years ago so it’s not that. Removing the old blower and installing the new one went well with no forcing or banging, and all screws went back in and all nicely lined up. I removed the cabin filter which is soaked, as is the gasket that sits behind it in the cabin filter housing. Is there a seal in there that I may have damaged? Given our lovely weather, I fear I have to rip it all out again and start again but go deeper. Any ideas? Thanks
    Last edited by SLR68; 16th December 2018 at 18:26.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra C sri estate auto+ hatchback auto x 2

Trim : est sri auto hatch design auto x 2

Engine : 1.9 cdti 150 x 3

Year : 08/07

Please do keep us informed we have one of ours that i can't find where the waters coming in despite my best efforts and checking the forum for answers. Trouble is i can't have the car long enough to rip out the front seat and trim .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I know one forum member removed the pollen/cabin filter housing and used a silicone sealant behind it which cured his leak 100% and as our filter is soaking wet after a 15 minute drive in the rain, surely it has to be the same issue. I’ve web searched ‘cabin filter housing gasket leak’ and there are Passat owners doing a similar thing to fix. I can’t get to look at it now until next weekend but I’ll definitely report back. Maybe a call to vx parts in the morning too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid

Trim : Premium SE

Engine : 1.6 with 32KW motor

There is a bung on drivers side as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Toyota

Trim : Yaris Hybrid

Engine : 1.5 Hybrid

Year : 2021

Mileage : 5525

I take it you have unblocked the hole in the gutter tray above the pollen filter as well as the one one drivers side .. ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
    I take it you have unblocked the hole in the gutter tray above the pollen filter as well as the one one drivers side .. ???
    Yes the bungs are removed.

7. Likes soulman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
    Yes the bungs are removed.

9. Likes soulman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've already removed the housing and removed the old disintigrating seal and replaced it with new double sided closed cell rubber foam as that looked like the original was but it's still pouring in to the passenger side. My pollen filter was bone dry so i'm not convinced it was coming in through the old seal and there is no sign of any water coming in via the fan opening when looking from the pollen filter end. I've resealed full length in the wiper well and checked both drains are clear.I've replaced the ariel gasket and i'm not convinced that so much water can get into the car from the fixing rivets for the gutter trim so fast .
    Quote Originally Posted by SLR68 View Post
    I know one forum member removed the pollen/cabin filter housing and used a silicone sealant behind it which cured his leak 100% and as our filter is soaking wet after a 15 minute drive in the rain, surely it has to be the same issue. I’ve web searched ‘cabin filter housing gasket leak’ and there are Passat owners doing a similar thing to fix. I can’t get to look at it now until next weekend but I’ll definitely report back. Maybe a call to vx parts in the morning too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Have you checked the grommets going through the bulk head? Just a thought, as it was what I suspected at first. Maybe remove the glovebox for a day or 2 so you can see if any tell-tale water runs show themselves.

I was looking at a post on Saab Scene this evening where a user made a new gasket seal for his filter housing with marine grade foam. His had completely perished and it cured his problem too. He put up decent pics and full instructions and it would seem all the parts on a Saab 9-3 are identical to the Signum. On ours you can see the seal has expanded and moved and is absolutely soaked, as is everything around it, including the newly installed heater blower. I had no idea it was only held on by 2 plastic clips.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by SLR68 View Post
    Have you checked the grommets going through the bulk head? Just a thought, as it was what I suspected at first. Maybe remove the glovebox for a day or 2 so you can see if any tell-tale water runs show themselves.

I was looking at a post on Saab Scene this evening where a user made a new gasket seal for his filter housing with marine grade foam. His had completely perished and it cured his problem too. He put up decent pics and full instructions and it would seem all the parts on a Saab 9-3 are identical to the Signum. On ours you can see the seal has expanded and moved and is absolutely soaked, as is everything around it, including the newly installed heater blower. I had no idea it was only held on by 2 plastic clips.
    Have looked at the grommets but every thing looks ok . Hissed down monday. car passenger side swimming ,problem is i can't have the car left with me for a few days to investigate fully and to add to the problem one of the relations vectra looks like it's going to be written off after a aquaplane on the motorway and a major tapping of the central wire barrier so i'm rather hissed off at the moment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information