Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : VX -LINE

Engine : 2.0 Diesel

Year : 2018

Quote Originally Posted by northpole View Post
    I'm glad you decided to open up about it, no-one should keep stuff bottled up, it'll always find it's way out... and usually in some form of depression. I've never had it, so can't really relate to how you are feeling, but you aren't less of a man for owning it, hell i even think you are more of a man because you actually are trying to deal with it.
    Thanks Northpole , I’m trying like thousands of others do daily , as said in the previous post the loss of a family member last xmas eve made me realise what happens when you bottle stuff up and in a weird way helped , strange I know but I think it did , there was another suicide in the family the year before so I think sometimes it’s a dark cloud over our family...... that said I own this , it doesn’t own me so will keep pushing on .....As said I just wanted to start an open / honest conversation for all of
    us who suffer in silence to maybe learn from each other’s experiences and knowledge, thanks for the reply .

2. Likes Dog_Book, northpole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Only you can sort it in your own way and there's no right or wrong way to do so.

I personally remove people from my life that sap your energy, trust and enthusiasm (including so called family) and spend more time with people who you get on with regardless of background/ age etc etc. This is on a personal way and not via social media type crap that turns people into self absorbed self driven shallow crap that tries to put do each other in petty school yard mentality that can drag others down if they don't realise it's all crap about the so-called one-upmanship. Don't be fooled by image and its "perceived success" by comparing your life to others that can have negative self image.

If you've lost your spark for cars, put it on the back burner and look for other things you might have a passion for. Go volunteering, do a class, see some (true) friends. Do it your own way. You might find meeting up at a car event a way of re igniting the spark, who knows?

Whatever you do, do it for yourself first and not what you thing you should do for others, if that makes sense?

Good luck with it all and respect for being true to yourself
    Last edited by NickT; 3rd December 2018 at 19:33.

4. Thanks JOHNBOY thanked for this post
    Likes Dog_Book, northpole, RBH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra C sri estate auto+ hatchback auto x 2

Trim : est sri auto hatch design auto x 2

Engine : 1.9 cdti 150 x 3

Year : 08/07

Quote Originally Posted by RBH View Post
    in reality, it wasn't B&Q, it was Scotland that saved you.

you seen how bad we suffer up here and you said to yourself...……….**** that.....im actually in paradise down south lol

Owning a vectra won't help either.

6. Likes JOHNBOY, RBH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra GSi 3.2 V6

Trim : GSi

Engine : Z32SE

Year : 2003

Mileage : 256,000

Johnboy, I too understand a little bit how you feel. I've been there too and was prescribed anti-depressants years ago. I was on them for a few months. But I well remember the feelings I was having.

We each experience life differently, including how things make us feel. You appear to have a really good attitude: not letting depression own you. That I find inspirational!

You are not alone, my friend.

Paul

8. Thanks JOHNBOY thanked for this post
    Likes northpole, RBH, JOHNBOY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Grand Sport

Trim : SRI VX-LINE NAV

Engine : 1.5T (165)

Mileage : 37000

I too have suffered with clinical depression on and off since 1995 so can relate to all that has been said above. In my case when it first happened I had no idea why I was depressed, or why I should be depressed, and as well as the mental problems it brought it also brought physical problems which also appeared to have no logical or obvious cause.

I did get help, including CBT and counselling, as well as medication, which in reduced dosage I still take to this day. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Getting professional help is a must IMO.

10. Thanks JOHNBOY, nikroc thanked for this post
    Likes JOHNBOY, RBH, northpole, happypostie liked this post
    Midlands - Vxr Owning Dick Dog_Book's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

Been reading with interest, there's definitely something up with me we just got a rescue dog and Ive not been able to cope very well really. I don't think its depression, odd how i can cope with circus like issues at work or danger doing the doors but normal home things seem to overwhelm me.
    Its almost like as well my brain cant sit still and rest, i pick things out all the time and notice nearly everything in chat groups that i would class as more professional people miss. Ive always thought of that anyway as i notice things in 3d in engineering drawings most don't.
    My moo thinks working none stop almost for so many years has caught up with me although id dont think i do that much not compared to some but yes im trying to stop doing door work even more now it just bores the life out of me and i have no time for idiots at all now it annoys me how i still have to spell life out to some grown adults sometimes. The fun has certainly gone out of that job its not new or exciting at all and when i dont work its like the weekend is a holiday for me and its abnormal as im so used to working.
    Don't think the doctor would be any use might have a chat with Nic and see if he knows the words i need to tell my doctor so i can get the right help.
    Ive calmed down a lot in last few days but was really bad last weekend stupid things made me upset, i had that feeling like when i got into some big trouble at work and there was no way out years ago or like when i left school and i didn't know what i was going to do as id passed all skilled trade tests and been waiting for college course joining etc

Its odd, its like this forum i read all posts bar maybe 1.8 and 3.0 cdti posts so when someone asks about something that was literally asked the other day and they joined like 6 years ago i cannot understand why they didn't already read it or to that fact why they dont regularly read all the posts cos its odd to me but i bet most just come on when they want something. I love to learn and understand, maybe something to do with not being able to put my mind at rest its weird.
    Like when i popped round to Nics a while back as he was having issues with his lads Astra VXR, he was busy and had little time for me but made me a drink and was so sorry he had to shoot of. But me i just didn't care that chance to start looking at a new engine type and figure something out was great i found a breather pipe that was off so would have affect fuel air ratio which they both missed but im just drawn to things out of place as im looking at every pipe and loom wondering what its for and where does it go.

Vectra VXR estate 2007 Sapphire Black
    Teapot Tuned 255/300
    Eibachs B8's, fully loaded factory options

Tech2 & MDI diagnostics + SPS

12. Thanks JOHNBOY thanked for this post
    Likes fatfred, JOHNBOY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Dog_Book View Post
    Been reading with interest, there's definitely something up with me we just got a rescue dog and Ive not been able to cope very well really. I don't think its depression, odd how i can cope with circus like issues at work or danger doing the doors but normal home things seem to overwhelm me.
    Its almost like as well my brain cant sit still and rest, i pick things out all the time and notice nearly everything in chat groups that i would class as more professional people miss. Ive always thought of that anyway as i notice things in 3d in engineering drawings most don't.
    My moo thinks working none stop almost for so many years has caught up with me although id dont think i do that much not compared to some but yes im trying to stop doing door work even more now it just bores the life out of me and i have no time for idiots at all now it annoys me how i still have to spell life out to some grown adults sometimes. The fun has certainly gone out of that job its not new or exciting at all and when i dont work its like the weekend is a holiday for me and its abnormal as im so used to working.
    Don't think the doctor would be any use might have a chat with Nic and see if he knows the words i need to tell my doctor so i can get the right help.
    Ive calmed down a lot in last few days but was really bad last weekend stupid things made me upset, i had that feeling like when i got into some big trouble at work and there was no way out years ago or like when i left school and i didn't know what i was going to do as id passed all skilled trade tests and been waiting for college course joining etc

Its odd, its like this forum i read all posts bar maybe 1.8 and 3.0 cdti posts so when someone asks about something that was literally asked the other day and they joined like 6 years ago i cannot understand why they didn't already read it or to that fact why they dont regularly read all the posts cos its odd to me but i bet most just come on when they want something. I love to learn and understand, maybe something to do with not being able to put my mind at rest its weird.
    Like when i popped round to Nics a while back as he was having issues with his lads Astra VXR, he was busy and had little time for me but made me a drink and was so sorry he had to shoot of. But me i just didn't care that chance to start looking at a new engine type and figure something out was great i found a breather pipe that was off so would have affect fuel air ratio which they both missed but im just drawn to things out of place as im looking at every pipe and loom wondering what its for and where does it go.

Sometimes a change is as good as a rest, I know what you mean tho, I’m the same at work, we become conditioned/brainwashed by hierarchy, hence we don’t suffer fools! Iv been so ****ed off with work for the last 2 yrs, but I didn’t turn to drink or drugs, never had much or an inclination for either, but I went a different route, basically sabotaged most of my close relationships and went back to stay at the olds for 5 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Thanks JOHNBOY thanked for this post
    Likes JOHNBOY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra VXR x2

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

Mileage : 75,000

Every body has a problem in one way or another, her in doors had depression before we got together, she wanted to take her life a few times.
    Now she can’t remember those days,(which is good)down to Ms and Epilepsy, she has a good brain on her shoulders when she’s on this planet, loves space, nasa, seti all that sort off thing oh and the chase and tipping point....!!!
    The other Christmas she had an turn became the other person seeing things flying over the house behind, who are you, I know what you do don’t come near me.
    i had to go in the kitchen and cry for a bit sort myself out and carry on until she landed back on earth.
    after that she had a stutter for a few days, as I’m a **** taker we had a laugh about that, that’s how I deal with her problems try and take the **** out of the situation, goes over her head mostly because I’m 6’ and she’s 5’ nothing.
    We tried drugs for epilepsy, four drugs over four months had to have carers in from the time I left for work until I came home, never again she didn’t know who what when why over that period.
    The neurology doctor was/is a waste of time its a traumatic event in her past come back in three months.
    Now I tell her we live day by day good days bad days some days she’s with us others floating in space somewhere for awhile.
    Been other things which she’s scared me ****less.
    we all have are problems and we all have ways with getting through them.

16. Thanks JOHNBOY thanked for this post
    Likes john_k_sri, JOHNBOY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia nav design cdti

Trim : half leather

Engine : 2.0 diesel

Year : 2015

Mileage : 63675

Johnboy, hang on in there. its a depressing time of the year if alone but come the spring and summer March should bring the racing season. drop in to your local track and ask for the chief marshal contact details then you get to join in and meet like minded people.

18. Thanks JOHNBOY thanked for this post
    Likes JOHNBOY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : VX -LINE

Engine : 2.0 Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by chaz851 View Post
    Johnboy, hang on in there. its a depressing time of the year if alone but come the spring and summer March should bring the racing season. drop in to your local track and ask for the chief marshal contact details then you get to join in and meet like minded people.
    Yeah I know mate , not for everyone that’s forsure , can’t wait for the new year , really wanna try reignite the passion I once had for cars or motorbikes again , who knows .... thanks for replying chaz and everyone else.

20. Likes Dog_Book liked this post
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information