Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : .....

Trim : .....

Engine : .....

Year : .....

Mileage : .......

Mate....I doth my cap to you......as the majority of people who suffer from it, won't admit it or seek help.
    That the first step.... admitting you have problems.
    I haven't ever been a suffrer, but I'm a case that should have.
    Between the ages of 15 - 19, my mum, my sister, my gran and grandad and my only uncle passed away.
    I kept strong.....I had to, as there was it me and my dad left.
    I'm now 50 and live for each day.

I know some can't and I feel sorrow for the sufferers.

The mind is a funny thing.
    I hope it works out for you mate, I really do.

Just Remember mate........

ON HERE, WERE NOT STRANGERS, WERE JUST FRIENDS WE HAVEN'T YET MET.

all the best mate.

Rab........

2. Thanks JOHNBOY thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra C sri estate auto+ hatchback auto x 2

Trim : est sri auto hatch design auto x 2

Engine : 1.9 cdti 150 x 3

Year : 08/07

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
    , I’ve lost interest in Cars for the last 2-3 years no matter how hard I try to reignite the passion it’s just not there , maybe the new year will be better .
    Thanks for the reply .
    I had exactly the same as i'm totaly mad on my 2 and 3 wheels ,i lost all interest. I must say i don't know what got me out of my :"Blackdog" but i did. Thats not to say i don't lapse ,i do, i get stressed easily now but i do know that and try to calm myself down. I do find that my grand daughter is a great help and she is only 10mts old so little things can be a big help. Keep going my friend.

4. Thanks JOHNBOY thanked for this post
    Likes northpole, JOHNBOY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : VX -LINE

Engine : 2.0 Diesel

Year : 2018

Quote Originally Posted by RBH View Post
    Mate....I doth my cap to you......as the majority of people who suffer from it, won't admit it or seek help.
    That the first step.... admitting you have problems.
    I haven't ever been a suffrer, but I'm a case that should have.
    Between the ages of 15 - 19, my mum, my sister, my gran and grandad and my only uncle passed away.
    I kept strong.....I had to, as there was it me and my dad left.
    I'm now 50 and live for each day.

I know some can't and I feel sorrow for the sufferers.

The mind is a funny thing.
    I hope it works out for you mate, I really do.

Just Remember mate........

ON HERE, WERE NOT STRANGERS, WERE JUST FRIENDS WE HAVEN'T YET MET.

all the best mate.

Rab........
    Thanks Rab, I too lost a lot of people and it never seems to ****** stop , good on you for being so strong so young , I kept quite for long enough and it only made things worse , threw myself into work and kept telling myself to man up but as time has gone on I’ve educated myself and see that was the wrong type of attitude to have , I’m my own hardest critic and will always push myself , can’t change that but I just thought maybe a little chat on here would open up a bigger conversation, I know some won’t talk about it , I wouldn’t before but the way I look at it now is this , if someone has a negative opinion on me for being open and honest about mental health then that says more about them then me ...mental health can be caused by no end of things including chemical imbalances so you may of had a great life so far but still suffer .... speak out and don’t be embarrassed/ ashamed as I once was .
    Thanks Rab for your reply, means a lot .
    Last edited by JOHNBOY; 3rd December 2018 at 09:29.

6. Likes RBH, happypostie, northpole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by autov View Post
    I had exactly the same as i'm totaly mad on my 2 and 3 wheels ,i lost all interest. I must say i don't know what got me out of my :"Blackdog" but i did. Thats not to say i don't lapse ,i do, i get stressed easily now but i do know that and try to calm myself down. I do find that my grand daughter is a great help and she is only 10mts old so little things can be a big help. Keep going my friend.
    No grand kids for me yet lol .... but your right it can be the little things , I personally just find xmas the worst as it’s hard to put on a happy face sometimes and I don’t want to be a miserable git either so just find it hard , I’m sure I’m not alone .
    Self awareness is a major key and you seem to know and have that mate , all power to you and those who are reading this who don’t want to speak out ...
    Thanks for reply autov .

8. Likes RBH, northpole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : VW Jetta

Trim : SE

Engine : 1.4 TSii

Year : 2017

Like RBH said we are friends you haven't met yet not strangers and its good that at least you have opened up which is a great first step, better than bottling it up like you said.

10. Thanks JOHNBOY thanked for this post
    Likes RBH, JOHNBOY, northpole, vectra ste liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.9 CDTI 150

Year : 2007

Mileage : 75000

I feel for you, I am a sufferer too and seriously was going to take my own life 6 years ago. B&Q saved me. It was a Sunday and they had closed, so I couldn't buy a hose pipe to stick up the exhaust. I then just drove north for about 5 hours. Ended up somewhere In Scotland. Booked into a hotel for the night to make a decision. By this time I had realised that taking my own life would only hurt other people. All this time my wife and brother kept phoning me, but I would not answer the phone. Eventually my wife phoned the Police and they were looking for me. I phoned her at about 1 in the morning, and she begged me to come home, which I did the next day and went straight to my GP. This was the worst I had ever been, but knew I was a sufferer, just had never done anything about it.
    My depression is actually Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome and is caused by episodes in my past. I was in the Rhodesian Army, from 1970 - 1980 as a regular soldier, and the country was in the throes of a war all this time. By the time I was 17 I had seen a number of dead bodies, been shot at by terrorists and had in fact shot at them. Remember I was 17. I had seen my best friend get killed right next to me. No-one should ever have to deal with that, let alone at 17. In those days PTS was unheard of. You just put your head down and go on with it.
    I still have fits of depression, but nowhere near as bad as 6 years ago.
    You have my complete sympathy
    2007 1.9 CDTI Elite hatch 150. 2 x led boot lights, HID's, aux, comfort unit, circular wheels, overhead roof and see through windscreen

12. Thanks JOHNBOY thanked for this post
    Likes RBH, JOHNBOY, northpole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : .....

Trim : .....

Engine : .....

Year : .....

Mileage : .......

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodie View Post
    I feel for you, I am a sufferer too and seriously was going to take my own life 6 years ago. B&Q saved me. It was a Sunday and they had closed, so I couldn't buy a hose pipe to stick up the exhaust. I then just drove north for about 5 hours. Ended up somewhere In Scotland. Booked into a hotel for the night to make a decision. By this time I had realised that taking my own life would only hurt other people. All this time my wife and brother kept phoning me, but I would not answer the phone. Eventually my wife phoned the Police and they were looking for me. I phoned her at about 1 in the morning, and she begged me to come home, which I did the next day and went straight to my GP. This was the worst I had ever been, but knew I was a sufferer, just had never done anything about it.
    My depression is actually Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome and is caused by episodes in my past. I was in the Rhodesian Army, from 1970 - 1980 as a regular soldier, and the country was in the throes of a war all this time. By the time I was 17 I had seen a number of dead bodies, been shot at by terrorists and had in fact shot at them. Remember I was 17. I had seen my best friend get killed right next to me. No-one should ever have to deal with that, let alone at 17. In those days PTS was unheard of. You just put your head down and go on with it.
    in reality, it wasn't B&Q, it was Scotland that saved you.

you seen how bad we suffer up here and you said to yourself...……….**** that.....im actually in paradise down south lol

14. Likes Dog_Book, JOHNBOY, happypostie, northpole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodie View Post
    We met once at a meet , at Peterborough I think , I had the silver lightning vxr , they have suggested PTSD to me also for reasons that only my past can answer for , id be a liar if I said that I’ve wanted to check out more then once as having to justify to myself daily why I’m here is so draining and you just want it to end , I feel it can make a person unintentionally selfish because at my lowest I don’t think of others as much as I should .... but last Christmas Eve a relative I was close too committed suicide , we spoke so much even though he lived in Dublin yet I didn’t pick up on anything , he hid it so well and it’s because of him I wanted to talk more and be open and honest and tackle this and not let it own me .... thanks for being honest mate .

16. Likes Dog_Book, RBH, northpole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post
    Like RBH said we are friends you haven't met yet not strangers and its good that at least you have opened up which is a great first step, better than bottling it up like you said.
    Cheers Daywalker , I’m dealing with my problems one day at a time , I just wanted to get a conversation started somewhere so having been in here a while I thought why not , without sounding a dick or ungrateful I’m not looking for sympathy just honest non judgmental conversation, thanks again all for reading and replying.

18. Likes RBH, northpole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

I'm glad you decided to open up about it, no-one should keep stuff bottled up, it'll always find it's way out... and usually in some form of depression. I've never had it, so can't really relate to how you are feeling, but you aren't less of a man for owning it, hell i even think you are more of a man because you actually are trying to deal with it.

20. Thanks JOHNBOY thanked for this post
    Likes JOHNBOY, RBH liked this post
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information