Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : VX -LINE

Engine : 2.0 Diesel

Year : 2018

Default Depression

So...... who has it and why ? ...... for me I honestly don’t know why , no family around me or real friends I can bank on could my cause ? had many many things go on in my life that could possibly lead to various conclusions but im still hanging on , just , xmas I find very lonely ... anyone else ? ....... sorry for being a depressing post but just asking ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 2t

Trim : standard

Engine : z20net

Year : 08

Mileage : 32000

Depression has two forms..endogenous or reactive. Endogenous comes from within,theres no identifiable cause(s)..Reactive is a reaction to an event(s)...at least that was a definition when I was a mental health nurse.
    In reality we all experience life in different ways and manage life differently. What roll's of one persons back sticks like poo to others.
    This is the worst time of the year for many..even those with families etc.
    I would ask that you consider writing down your feelings every day..develop a diary of your feelings.You could maybe identify any situations that prompt these feelings.
    There are lots of different self help articles on the internet too.
    Your GP has some usefull options too.
    The first steps imho have already made by you..accepting your feeling depressed and reaching out.
    If you do decide to go to the GP the diary idea will be helpfull.
    Of course the diary may not identify any external causes BUT you may well start to feel empowered by taking some control of your feelings.
    I hope it all makes sense.

3. Thanks JOHNBOY thanked for this post
    Likes northpole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra c

Trim : Sri

Engine : 1.9 cdti

Year : 2007

Hey Johnboy i sort of now what your feeling dude my wife had depression due to her mum passing when she was 20 3 days before her 20th birthday and we recently had our first child so had postnatial depression plus ger mum going it was very hard for her and on strong antidepression meds and my best mate has it hes on his own family have forgot about him he used to own a motorbike and had many phone calls he just wants to go but i managed to calm him down as hes our kids god father that he loves to the moon and back just telling him we all cear about him and kids dont want anything to happen now hes off the bike and sold itbits alot easier as hes said he cant have anything like that due to his depression, you need to talk to somone and think of the good things in life dude just play day by day you have a gawjuss insignia in your display pic so look at the good things dude dont let anything bring you down we are all here for you on the forum dude

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. Thanks JOHNBOY thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Toyota

Trim : Yaris Hybrid

Engine : 1.5 Hybrid

Year : 2021

Mileage : 5525

My partner works in Mental health , you really need to get professional ,Samaritans and other agencies provide excellent help . Don't try and fight it on your own .
    Seek help .

7. Thanks JOHNBOY thanked for this post
    Likes happypostie, northpole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks lads , I’ve had it for a while to be honest and have tried many different things to help myself like zero alcohol which does help , but if I’m truthful it’s still here no matter what I try , I seen the Lloyds bank advert and it prompted my question on here as they say 1 in 4 of their staff and customers have a mental illness so I was wondering if it’s the same in the car world ? Thanks again for the responses .

9. Likes VXRspud, northpole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 2t

Trim : standard

Engine : z20net

Year : 08

Mileage : 32000

1 in 4 of general society..some say 1 in 3..

11. Thanks JOHNBOY thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra c

Trim : Sri

Engine : 1.9 cdti

Year : 2007

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
    Thanks lads , I’ve had it for a while to be honest and have tried many different things to help myself like zero alcohol which does help , but if I’m truthful it’s still here no matter what I try , I seen the Lloyds bank advert and it prompted my question on here as they say 1 in 4 of their staff and customers have a mental illness so I was wondering if it’s the same in the car world ? Thanks again for the responses .
    Your not alone John if somone hasnt got it then they will know somone who has always talk to somone even if you feel like you dont want to somone is always here to speak and the vauxhall owners isnt just about cars its a family young or old

13. Thanks JOHNBOY thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by nikroc View Post
    1 in 4 of general society..some say 1 in 3..
    Wow, serious problem then ....
    Quote Originally Posted by VXRspud View Post
    Your not alone John if somone hasnt got it then they will know somone who has always talk to somone even if you feel like you dont want to somone is always here to speak and the vauxhall owners isnt just about cars its a family young or old

Yeah good bunch in here mate , I’ve had it for some time now so was just curious if anyone in here does and thought maybe a conversation would help those who suffer in silence and they may speak in here as it’s fairly anonymous , i don’t take any medicine as I find lifestyle changes make a big difference and just get on with it , not easy sometimes but the alternative isn’t an option , suicide just passes the pain and suffering onto others ....thanks again guys .

15. Likes northpole, VXRspud liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra C sri estate auto+ hatchback auto x 2

Trim : est sri auto hatch design auto x 2

Engine : 1.9 cdti 150 x 3

Year : 08/07

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
    So...... who has it and why ? ...... for me I honestly don’t know why , no family around me or real friends I can bank on could my cause ? had many many things go on in my life that could possibly lead to various conclusions but im still hanging on , just , xmas I find very lonely ... anyone else ? ....... sorry for being a depressing post but just asking ...
    Been there and have the T shirt so to speak. Seek help, i tried booze ,legal drugs and not sure these helped at all. Talking to others helped professionaly i suppose helped but the time delay in seeing them did not help. Realising you have depression is the first thing. Mine was brought on with my disability or thats what i think. It's very difficult even now to put this down in writing.Your not alone.

17. Thanks JOHNBOY thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by autov View Post
    Been there and have the T shirt so to speak. Seek help, i tried booze ,legal drugs and not sure these helped at all. Talking to others helped professionaly i suppose helped but the time delay in seeing them did not help. Realising you have depression is the first thing. Mine was brought on with my disability or thats what i think. It's very difficult even now to put this down in writing.Your not alone.
    I guess I was trying to see if the statistics were right , I’ve had help and deal with it when it’s here like I always do , just curious to see how many others have similar things going on and what they do to keep it at bay .
    I try and keep busy as that is one of the best medicines for myself and lifestyle changes , I’ve lost interest in Cars for the last 2-3 years no matter how hard I try to reignite the passion it’s just not there , maybe the new year will be better .
    Thanks for the reply .

19. Likes northpole liked this post
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information