0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.0 V6 CDTi

Year : 2006

Default coolant hose locations

evening everyone,

finally got the exhaust issue on my z30dt fixed and dpf problems have disappeared but i now am left with a very annoying coolant leak issue, the car is using a small amount of coolant (maybe 500ml) but does not seem to use it at the same rate every time, i cant see any obvious leaks under the car and their is no major pressure build up in the cooling system.

no mayo on the oil cap either.

even when the coolant is low and the low coolant light is on the car never overheats. max temp never breaks around 100 degrees.

wondering if anyone knows of a site that shows the locations of all the various coolant hoses so i can try and check each one for pinholes or damage.

it is strange this problem only seems to of started at the same point as exhaust flexi became suddenly worse(i.e. louder and causing the repeated attempted regens) so im wondering if something came detached from somewhere and may of hit a hose or something.

i do notice a very small drip on the drivers side bulkhead but im not certain if that could just be the air con drain.

Midlands - Vxr Owning Dick Dog_Book's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

Just open the bonnet and look at them all
    Vectra VXR estate 2007 Sapphire Black
    Teapot Tuned 255/300
    Eibachs B8's, fully loaded factory options

Tech2 & MDI diagnostics + SPS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Don't dismiss the cap not pressurising the system correctly.

Best thing would be to get the cooling system pressure treated first, to see if there's obvious leaks under pressure. There's no harm checking the clamps that holds the houses in position

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Engine : 3.0 CDTI

Year : 2008

Check carefully around aircon compressor (you will need the undertray dropped to see properly) - there's a drain from the water pump that outlets around the compressor mounting bracket. Hope it isn't that as they are no fun at all to change! There are two heater hoses on the bulkhead (centre IIRC) with quick release connections that leak sometimes - the one i replaced was about £35 from the dealer but I suspect it could be fixed with a suitable sized o-ring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Engine : 3.0 V6 CDTi

Year : 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Wezbos 1 View Post
    Check carefully around aircon compressor (you will need the undertray dropped to see properly) - there's a drain from the water pump that outlets around the compressor mounting bracket. Hope it isn't that as they are no fun at all to change! There are two heater hoses on the bulkhead (centre IIRC) with quick release connections that leak sometimes - the one i replaced was about £35 from the dealer but I suspect it could be fixed with a suitable sized o-ring.

all hoses i can see and reach seem to be spot on, and no obvious water drips at all bar the ac condensate line on the rear bulkhead. always seem to have to put the same amount of coolant in (its always about a quarter of way up the expansion tank when cold)

i have noticed though that i dont seem to ever hear an engine cooling fan kick in, no fault codes are showing and a fan does run when i increase fan speed inside car, but not sure if the engine fan runs. just wondering if perhaps its not a coolant leak but coolant boiling off (as it is just filled with water at the moment - yes bad i know) due to hitting 90+ degree temps - again temps have never gone above 102 but they do increase when car is sat ticking over after a while.

cars temp guage seems to be virtually useless as it reads in between 80 and 90 when coolant temp is 90.

Thread Information