0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Vectra C

Engine : 1.9 CDTI

Year : 2006

Default No throttle response

Good evening gents and any laides present,

Newbie to the site and looking for any available assistance for a problem with my 2006 1.9cdti 8v vectra C, a problem which has lamost got me defeated.

Having issues with no throttle response and self revving at around 13k revs, I changed the throttle body few months ago, however, the problem has re-occured. RAC read the following fault codes:

P0340, Camshaft position sensor
    P0641, 5V reference circuit 1
    P1125, Throttle Actuator feedback circuit
    P0638, Electronic throttle control
    P0105, Boost pressure sensor
    P0110, IAT

I have seen this issue is very common on forums, but never really find anyone getting to the bottom of it? Hoping someone may have solved this and can shed some light on it, also hoping someone could pass on or inform myself where I can locate the wiring diagrams for this motor so I can check earth points, confirm if the above sensors are all on the one circuit and maybe help me trace this 5v reference circuit problem.

Any advice or diagrams will be greatfully appreciated.

Scott

P.S I have checked the resistance in the above sensors and seem ok, physicaly checked the wiring and no sign off damage, I have also had the ECU tested at BBA and there is no fualt with this apparantley.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I would look at the circuit diagram and see if the 5v reference feeds all of the sensors first. If they do then I'd remove all of those sensors, measure the 5v signal and then plug on each sensor one by one until the 5v voltage level drops. I'd remove that sensor and then add the others to check that the 5v level remains. You've then narrowed that down to the sensor that is causing a partial short causing the 5v voltage drop that would in turn give the fault code errors on all of the sensors.

Testing the ecu on its own on the bench the ecu testing place would check for the 5v level but not necessarily under load with the sensors in place.

I would hazard a guess that it would possibly be the:

"P1125, Throttle Actuator feedback circuit"

as this is a typical voltage potentiometer circuit that is a 'wiper' over a resistor and is a physical wearable item. Note I'm not saying this is the actual fault, as I haven't diagnosed your car or seen it.

Good luck with it.
    Last edited by NickT; 9th August 2018 at 22:49.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra Cdti

Trim : design+

Engine : cdti 120

Year : 2005

Mileage : 51,321

Is this like the one where the solder comes away from the board on throttle body and causes all sorts of chaos

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by NickT View Post
    I would look at the circuit diagram and see if the 5v reference feeds all of the sensors first. If they do then I'd remove all of those sensors, measure the 5v signal and then plug on each sensor one by one until the 5v voltage level drops. I'd remove that sensor and then add the others to check that the 5v level remains. You've then narrowed that down to the sensor that is causing a partial short causing the 5v voltage drop that would in turn give the fault code errors on all of the sensors.

Testing the ecu on its own on the bench the ecu testing place would check for the 5v level but not necessarily under load with the sensors in place.

I would hazard a guess that it would possibly be the:

"P1125, Throttle Actuator feedback circuit"

as this is a typical voltage potentiometer circuit that is a 'wiper' over a resistor and is a physical wearable item. Note I'm not saying this is the actual fault, as I haven't diagnosed your car or seen it.

Good luck with it.
    Hey Nic thanks for the reply, should have the ECU back today and will carry out the above checks, only drama I am facing, and hoping someone on here could assist with, is getting a hold of the schematics. I have hunted the web to no luck, Haynes doesnt show the power distribution that I require.

I was reading last night of a fella with an astra and had similiar symptoms, there was a mention that the pedal wiring went from acc pedal to ECU via UEC, which is prone to water ingress, corrosion etc, and can cause a continuity problem, I had the UEC off the other day, however, it looked ok, but I didnt clean it so will try that too.

If it is was to be the 'Throttle Actuator feedback circuit' I will be pretty P'd off as I have changed the throttle body for a brand new part.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by rmsNoel View Post
    Is this like the one where the solder comes away from the board on throttle body and causes all sorts of chaos
    Hey rmsNoel, Ye apparantley that can be a fix, but wasnt in my case. I went as far as removing the old solder joints completley and putting new
    on, but the porblem was still there so replaced the unit, which I thought had done the trick until it re-appeared a couple weeks ago.

Midlands - Head case Organiser Dog_Book's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

Quote Originally Posted by scottyw83 View Post
    Hey Nic thanks for the reply, should have the ECU back today and will carry out the above checks, only drama I am facing, and hoping someone on here could assist with, is getting a hold of the schematics. I have hunted the web to no luck, Haynes doesnt show the power distribution that I require.

I was reading last night of a fella with an astra and had similiar symptoms, there was a mention that the pedal wiring went from acc pedal to ECU via UEC, which is prone to water ingress, corrosion etc, and can cause a continuity problem, I had the UEC off the other day, however, it looked ok, but I didnt clean it so will try that too.

If it is was to be the 'Throttle Actuator feedback circuit' I will be pretty P'd off as I have changed the throttle body for a brand new part.
    The TB does not control engine speed so could be leading you down the wrong path, this might be a worn track on the throttle pedal. Could try getting a used one and replacing it see if it works?
    I don’t even know why the TB has so much electronics in it all it does is close on shutdown then open back up
    Vectra VXR estate 2007 Sapphire Black
    Teapot Tuned 245/300
    Eibachs B8's, fully loaded factory options

https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/calendar.php

Thread Information